Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dispell gone! Woot woot!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:
now i'm balance, and i actually would support a balance dispell. as long as it ACTUALLY HAD A COOL NAME!!! none of this "unbalance" malarkey, i'm talking something like OBLITERATE or STRIKE DOWN or even SEND TO OBLIVION!!! yeah i think names are important, and i really wish ki had spelled the word "judgment" correctly in the game!!!

and anyway, we sorcerers - in fact, every wizard - get a ton of zero- and one-rank spells. so a balance dispell would be absolutely no problem.

and, like someone else already said, you don't use pips if you fizzle. all dispells do is make the next spell of that school fizzle. so never fear, a dispelled judgement woundn't eat your pips.

Sorry FoxFyr, you are mistaken, so was I when these dis spells went live. If the Balance wizard was going second in a match and selected Judgement, and the player going first used "Balance Dis Spell" then the Judgement would fizzle and pips would be lost. Pips are lost when they are dis spelled.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
even if they did put it it wouldnt make a diffrence. They would judge on the next turn

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
Coming from a person with a balance grandmaster I support the idea of a balance dispel, a few reasons, 1) i'm hardly ever on my balance pvping so it wouldn't effect me at all. 2) when i'm on my other wizards a have tower shield and can defend against it easy, but it's still annoying knowing that's the ONLY thing they use. 3) i like the idea of spending one training point to stop balance instead of 5 for tower shield

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
ffej49 wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:
now i'm balance, and i actually would support a balance dispell. as long as it ACTUALLY HAD A COOL NAME!!! none of this "unbalance" malarkey, i'm talking something like OBLITERATE or STRIKE DOWN or even SEND TO OBLIVION!!! yeah i think names are important, and i really wish ki had spelled the word "judgment" correctly in the game!!!

and anyway, we sorcerers - in fact, every wizard - get a ton of zero- and one-rank spells. so a balance dispell would be absolutely no problem.

and, like someone else already said, you don't use pips if you fizzle. all dispells do is make the next spell of that school fizzle. so never fear, a dispelled judgement woundn't eat your pips.

Sorry FoxFyr, you are mistaken, so was I when these dis spells went live. If the Balance wizard was going second in a match and selected Judgement, and the player going first used "Balance Dis Spell" then the Judgement would fizzle and pips would be lost. Pips are lost when they are dis spelled.

Sorry about that. My source was, admittedly, questionable.

Still, Sorcerers do get a lot of spells that are dispensable.

I have revised my position. Now, I find that a Balance Dispell would be reasonable only if there were a Balance-specific Blade, Trap, and Shield.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Turns out they didn't put the balance dispell in live realm! Woot! Thats a relief. Keep it up KI!

Why? So you cant fizzle as much in pvp meaning you have another advantage over other schools in pvp giving you a greater chance to win? Yeah, exactly. People (kids) now a days only care about winning

First of all , balance should have a dispell. I think without a dispell if you get hit with a fully armed judgment then most ppl are dead (and for the ppl who think balance is way overpowered, its not! Judgment is the only super powerful spell they have and if they didn't have it it would be unbalanced.). Last of all, Alecvolterra , why do u asume its kids! >:(

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I love how no one cares about the actual storyline anymore. Since there's no Balance dispell, we can't dispell Balance attacks made by monsters. I'm kinda with AlecVolterra on this: all people care about is winning in PvP.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Balance dispel? I saw vaporize, strangle, and entangle came out but I didn't see a balance one. I don't really go in the test realm. Does it just dispel balance spells or does it with all schools?

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Turns out they didn't put the balance dispell in live realm! Woot! Thats a relief. Keep it up KI!

Why? So you cant fizzle as much in pvp meaning you have another advantage over other schools in pvp giving you a greater chance to win? Yeah, exactly. People (kids) now a days only care about winning

Wow alec it always amazes me how mean ppl can be to kids. Stop saying its just kids ppl (alec) and stop being mean ppl (alec) and stop blamin kids for everyones mistakes ppl (alec). Just my two cents. (And this comes from one of the many kids playing this game.) Kids are not the only problem ppl.

Amber Stormsong level 35 diviner, Mooshu & the Arena

Cameron225 out, peace!

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
FoxFyr wrote:
like someone else already said, you don't use pips if you fizzle. all dispells do is make the next spell of that school fizzle. so never fear, a dispelled judgement woundn't eat your pips.

I'm not a PvP guy, but I use dispells on monsters all the time. With Black Mantle... they just fizzle. But with dispells, they fizzle and lose the amount of pips that the spell they tried to cast would cost. So if they had tried to cast a rank 0 spell (such as tower shield) they wouldn't lose any pips, just fizzle. But if they tried to cast say a rank 4 spell (such as ice wyvern) they would lose 4 pips worth. I don't know if that's what you were driving at, but I thought I'd clarify because I wasn't sure.