Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

power cost crowns!?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
KI i do not think it is fare that you have to pay crowns to get your pet power. i think it should be the same price as the wizard potions in gold. it takes hours to have full power again and us who have a limit have not got that kind of time to wait and i want to hatch an egg with my friend but it will take days to make my pet an adult and i want to also get an epic (at least one) in this life time! the games are fun but having to play crowns to use them frequently?i only have 4 power! after one day i was so happy when this came out today but it is like a one day thing for me now because i have already run dry for power it is like one drop of power every half an hour! i think you should change the cost from crowns to gold and keep the same price just change it to gold NOT CROWNS PLZ!

Administrator
Young Wizard,
Gamma has already addressed this issue here:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/18795.ftl

The Pet Energy will regain a point every 10 minutes, so you can spend time doing quests and other adventures while your Energy refills naturally on its own. Your Energy will also continue to fill when you are not playing Wizard101.

If you do not want to wait, then we have given you the option to purchase an Energy refill with Crowns.

It comes down to Time vs Crowns, young Wizards.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
This is an excellent indirect lesson in economics that KI has incorporated into the game. The time value of money is a concept that needs to be reinforcement in our society today. Thank you KI.

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Young Wizard,
Gamma has already addressed this issue here:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/18795.ftl

The Pet Energy will regain a point every 10 minutes, so you can spend time doing quests and other adventures while your Energy refills naturally on its own. Your Energy will also continue to fill when you are not playing Wizard101.

If you do not want to wait, then we have given you the option to purchase an Energy refill with Crowns.

It comes down to Time vs Crowns, young Wizards.

No offense Lydia but I think you are missing the point a bit here... He (And many others) Are upset because you ether have to wait hours upon hours for your pet energy to refill, or you pay 250 crowns D: 250 gold seems much more fair, or there could be little pet wisps flying around that you could grab like health and mana wisps. Just a thought..... But yea, this 250 crowns or hours of waiting thing just to level up your pets is getting ridiculous.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
Well when u lvl up u can hold more energy
I know that but without energy then you cant lvl up!

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
Here is some information to snack on:

A grandmaster has 48 pet energy (at least mine does), it takes 8 hours to refill it completely (or 250 crowns for instant relief). You can do 12 mini games with that, and in a couple minutes after that, you can do a 13th. Within these 13 games, assuming you have scored a perfect in each game, and fed your pet something he LOVES you should gain a total of 104 exp points (estimate only).

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
ffej49 wrote:

A grandmaster has 48 pet energy (at least mine does), it takes 8 hours to refill it completely (or 250 crowns for instant relief). You can do 12 mini games with that, and in a couple minutes after that, you can do a 13th. Within these 13 games, assuming you have scored a perfect in each game, and fed your pet something he LOVES you should gain a total of 104 exp points (estimate only).

You're ignoring a couple factors with your math here.

48 energy = 12 games, IF your pet is a teen. A baby uses 2 energy per game, an adult uses 6. I'm guessing an ancient pet uses 8. So it's really anywhere from 25 games in 20 minutes to 6 games and waiting over an hour for your next.

For xp: a perfect score gets you 4 xp, yes, but depending on what snacks you feed your pet afterward and how much it likes them, you can boost that xp gain each game by 1 - 6 points (possibly more if your pet really likes Ambrose cereal, but that's pretty expensive to make and takes up a crafting slot for a little over 2 hours).

So, a well planned training session can raises a pet from teen to adult in one go.

Also, while I'm not sure if this is intentional, your pet energy refills completely when you level up.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
kglen99 wrote:
This is an excellent indirect lesson in economics that KI has incorporated into the game. The time value of money is a concept that needs to be reinforcement in our society today. Thank you KI.

I am betting you are a republican (smile)

But seriously the new pets bother me because you have to spend HOURS to get them pass the baby stage which makes no sense to me. Nor does having to play a game in order to feed it.

I like the updates but come on all of your lass 5 major updates most of them require too much time to engage. Not all of us play all the time or want to I would like to do a little of everything when I am on and not be forced to invest hours on any one thing.

Lastly if I BUY a pet I don't want to work to mature just to use the card.

Oh sorry this is the last on this time, my main question is, if I train my pet to ancient will it effect the stats on the spell card? If not then why?

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
ffej49 wrote:

I totally agree that! It absorbs too much time or money making it not really a worthwhile venture. you pay for the pet then to mature it you pay for food and energy NOTHING IS FREE, BUT THIS IS LIKE BUYING A CAR WITH A HOLE IN THE GAS PIPE.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Pet energy is a statistic of your character. The pets are using your energy, otherwise it would refill when you switched to a new pet. I am glad to hear that characters can hold more energy for their pets as they level up.

Hero
May 19, 2009
ffej49 wrote:

Actually depending on your pet you can play more then that. Rare pets require 4 energy to play a game while common pets only require 2 energy.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Power is free as you can:

Wait overnight for a free refill

Level up for a free refill

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
lets look at some total numbers, it takes close to 400 hours of pet energy to go from teen to epic, unless you spend enough gold to buy 3 school houses and 2 tiger mounts on snacks, or you could craft, it only takes 2 hours to craft a decent snack right? sure I can wait overnight and play a half hour of mini games and then as a grandmaster spend the rest of my game time that day staring at a tree in the commons. at that rate it should only take 57 days or 8 weeks give or take to level one pet to epic. unless I use a hundred bucks or so in crowns then it would take maybe 3 days. yep that seems like a fair system to me.