Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Brightness!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
After logging in to Wizard101 after the pet update there has been an ominous glow and i would like to know how to get rid of it. Can anyone plz help me?

Administrator
Young Wizard,
Please see the 'World a Little Too Bright?' post at the top of the Halston's Laboratory section of these message boards
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/18840.ftl

If you've logged in after the update and the world seems a little brighter, maybe too bright, please check your Bloom settings in the Options Panel (press ESC and select the second tab).

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Mar 13, 2010
What does the "bloom" do? I have now turned my off and hope this helps in the ice area of Ravenscar. I can barely see there. It is pretty awful. (I am on a laptop.)

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
bigtg001 wrote:
After logging in to Wizard101 after the pet update there has been an ominous glow and i would like to know how to get rid of it. Can anyone plz help me?

other than the round about answer from KI, just go to the advance video settings, and turn off Bloom

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I have done the test realm many times, and each time I put in a request that you reduce or eliminate the bright, flashing sparkles that now occur in all spell casting.

Now that it has gone live (well before you got rid of the bugs) I see that you decided to keep it in play. However, you have just made the game unplayable for me.

Now, because of the constant bright flickering that goes on all over my screen, I start to get a headache withing 10 to 15 minutes of playing. It doesn't matter whether I have my glasses of or on, or if I wear my regular glasses or my reading glasses (note: these prescriptions are less than 6 months old).

The very LEAST you could have done was added an option in the video (or advanced video) settings to turn this off.

I'm sorry to say that you have just made one of the best games I've ever played in a long time useless. Care to refund all the money I spent (subscriptions, crowns, gift cards)?