Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

World a little too bright?

AuthorMessage
Administrator
If you've logged in after the update and the world seems a little brighter, maybe too bright, please check your Bloom settings in the Options Panel (press ESC and select the second tab).

community@wizard101.com
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I did that Prof. Greyrose. I turned off bloom and played with the brightness. I still can't see certain details through the harsh glow. One such item is the fire place. It looks all white and I can't see the faint outline of bricks as i did before.

Also, during my experimenting of trying to lessen the glare, I went to adjust texture and got a message asking if i wanted to install advanced texture and it may be awhile. Can you please explain what this is? I would really appreciate it. I clicked no because i was not sure what it would do to my computer or if it was a download. (I have a daily download limit so must be careful about that sort of thing.) Thanks for all the help you have given on these message boards.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I too have been experiencing problems since the upgrade. There are flashes of colored light across the screen. I adjusted the boom as suggested and it hasn't helped. Sometimes the flashes of color blocks out the screen.

Suri Spiritrider, lvl 50 Conjurer

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
I took several screen shots of these issues (color blocking out, black areas, etc), let me know if emailing them to you would be of any help, Professor.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Hi everyone...I just want to put my input in also :) Water is bright everywhere, grasses are a lot greener.

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
Mine is a related problem but it is the oppisite.... When I first logged in on the day of the pets advanced system I noticed everything was a little darker. I tried to set the brightness to the max but very little changed.
Lucas Drakebloom
Level 40
Ice wizard
Oni slayer

Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
If you've logged in after the update and the world seems a little brighter, maybe too bright, please check your Bloom settings in the Options Panel (press ESC and select the second tab).

i think the bloom was on after i was checking the options out and every time i cast a thunder snake it blares in my eyes it was so bright and the brightness was low and the bloom was off

Zachary LegendHeart
lvl 29
nice ice
master pet hunter

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
everything is super vibrant. I avoid ice spells because it brightens the entire screen to the point that it hurts my eyes. I've tried to adjust everything I can think of to dampen it but nothing seems to help. I turned the bloom settings off and on and it takes the glowiness away, but it's still so bright.
Also, the water is just plain white....

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
And another thing, when i fight the jade oni in MS, "it" uses it's natural attack and the lights just look like big pieces of paper

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
I am experiencing flashes and streaks of light all over the screen. It looks like there is a thunderstorm in the woods outside Kishibe Village. Things are also very choppy in movements. I have changed several of the monitor settings and it is still happening. Areas have also been completely black, especially teleporting to Wizard City from Drogonspyre.
Very distracting and irritating to the eyes.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
i have had problems in game with brightness too, proffesor. entire areas of ravenwood are occasionally transformed into black patches on screen. and when fightning jade oni the fire around his sword and the explosion it causes are transformed into blocks of white light. note: this has only started since the latest update. i hope a fix will come out with celestia.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
nightcrawler1212 wrote:
Hi everyone...I just want to put my input in also :) Water is bright everywhere, grasses are a lot greener.
some one else noticed that too? THANK NOCTORNAL

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
I agree. At first, I thought that the color of the water had been altered, but then I was informed of the glitch. Wizard101 needs to step it up a notch on the game planning and on correcting glitches more quickly.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
The worlds always look to dark to me, I even up my brightness level and that really doesn't help much and makes it incredibly too bright in the brighter worlds. The brighter worlds looked just fine, but then some of the darker worlds make you have to brighten up the settings. Now I feel like my character is always playing in darkened shadows. So if the game darkened stuff due to this thread complaint, I'd rather everything be put back how it was and for the game to tell people to adjust their brightness levels in the game control section. I hate how dark it is.