Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bad Things.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Any school can use up my +70% death school feints which is why I only use feint when I fight alone since other players waste my feints by thinking that its cool to hit high with low level spells when I am trying to set up my target for a high hit in a one shot kill. This wastes my turn in the game. School feints should be for that school spell ONLY or else it is not a school spell, it is a public use spell. The feint should only be used if the other person is using the same school spell.

Upon my arrival in Hyde Park:

The O'Leary Thug at Safehouse #2 in Hyde Park used a +30 death trap to support the Myth spell Cyclops, this is cheating.

Upon my arrival in Mirkholm Keep:

1. A Moonstrider Howler used a death trap to support the Life school Leprechaun spell, this is cheating.

2. A Moonstrider Howler used a +30 death trap to support a Myth school Cyclops but the death trap image was that of a Death school feint. This is a combination of cheating and a glitch.

3. I will have the right amount of pips but between two different cards that need 4 pips only one will be highlighted to use and my school allows the use of either card. This is a glitch

4. I need mana but the mana wisps are defective and are not giving mana, they just continue to float around.

I have to fight extra hard to defeat cheating Moonstrider Howlers who are eating me up by cheating but I still beat them.

I could go on and on about the things that are messed up since the kiddie pet update. I've seen some real fantastic BSP holes too.

It's almost like the whole game has become like Briskbreeze Tower. How is it possible that I can play for an hour after the update and catch all these things the split second that they occur but these things did not catch the attention of staff testers or player testers?

Fix it.

Until then I will continue to miserably defeat all these cheating characters.

Defender
May 06, 2009
jaronuts wrote:
Any school can use up my +70% death school feints which is why I only use feint when I fight alone since other players waste my feints by thinking that its cool to hit high with low level spells when I am trying to set up my target for a high hit in a one shot kill. This wastes my turn in the game. School feints should be for that school spell ONLY or else it is not a school spell, it is a public use spell. The feint should only be used if the other person is using the same school spell.

No. This would make the utility of the spell go completely away. Feint is intended exactly how it is currently being used, to modify any attack spell. If you don't have people who respect your feints, you need to play with different wizards. Or maybe you need to communicate with them.

Though a feint is black, it is not a death trap.

The O'Leary Thug at Safehouse #2 in Hyde Park used a +30 death trap to support the Myth spell Cyclops, this is cheating.

Are you sure about this, it was definitely a death trap? Hex spells (balance) are also +30% and are black like a death trap, except it has a spiral on it instead of a skull. (IMHO this color should be different as it does tend to confuse). Also, when casting feint, a 30% universal trap (with the spiral) appears on you too. you sure this isn't what you're seeing? Prior to the pet update, it appeared incorrectly as 70%, though it only worked as 30%.

1. A Moonstrider Howler used a death trap to support the Life school Leprechaun spell, this is cheating.

2. A Moonstrider Howler used a +30 death trap to support a Myth school Cyclops but the death trap image was that of a Death school feint. This is a combination of cheating and a glitch.

This makes me think you are, indeed, confusing a spiral trap -- probably your side of a feint -- for a death trap. The feint has a spiral on it, which indicates it can be used for any school. I think the color of it should be different, maybe rainbow, to indicate it is usable for anything, but there you are. Moonstrider Howlers cast neither hex nor death traps, nor do any of the other Moonstriders. Who supposedly cast the death trap on you?

3. I will have the right amount of pips but between two different cards that need 4 pips only one will be highlighted to use and my school allows the use of either card. This is a glitch

If you see this again, you should to catch a screen shot. Or, at least tell us which cards, so others can try to confirm it.

4. I need mana but the mana wisps are defective and are not giving mana, they just continue to float around.

Wisps are sometimes not exactly where they appear to be for you. You might be missing them. Keep trying to fly/run into it. I have had no troubles with wisps anywhere outside of this.

I have to fight extra hard to defeat cheating Moonstrider Howlers who are eating me up by cheating but I still beat them.

I could go on and on about the things that are messed up since the kiddie pet update. I've seen some real fantastic BSP holes too.

It's almost like the whole game has become like Briskbreeze Tower. How is it possible that I can play for an hour after the update and catch all these things the split second that they occur but these things did not catch the attention of staff testers or player testers?

Fix it.

again, try to capture some screenshots to show what you mean. But I think half of what you list above aren't bugs to fix, which may be why they haven't been reported.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
ElFuego wrote:
jaronuts wrote:

No. This would make the utility of the spell go completely away. Feint is intended exactly how it is currently being used, to modify any attack spell. If you don't have people who respect your feints, you need to play with different wizards. Or maybe you need to communicate with them.

Though a feint is black, it is not a death trap.

Are you sure about this, it was definitely a death trap? Hex spells (balance) are also +30% and are black like a death trap, except it has a spiral on it instead of a skull. (IMHO this color should be different as it does tend to confuse). Also, when casting feint, a 30% universal trap (with the spiral) appears on you too. you sure this isn't what you're seeing? Prior to the pet update, it appeared incorrectly as 70%, though it only worked as 30%.

This makes me think you are, indeed, confusing a spiral trap -- probably your side of a feint -- for a death trap. The feint has a spiral on it, which indicates it can be used for any school. I think the color of it should be different, maybe rainbow, to indicate it is usable for anything, but there you are. Moonstrider Howlers cast neither hex nor death traps, nor do any of the other Moonstriders. Who supposedly cast the death trap on you?

If you see this again, you should to catch a screen shot. Or, at least tell us which cards, so others can try to confirm it.

Wisps are sometimes not exactly where they appear to be for you. You might be missing them. Keep trying to fly/run into it. I have had no troubles with wisps anywhere outside of this.

Fix it.

again, try to capture some screenshots to show what you mean. But I think half of what you list above aren't bugs to fix, which may be why they haven't been reported.

These bugs are pretty much complained about by everyone you come across in the game. Playing guessing games about where the wisp may or may not be is ridiculous, discarding cards when I didn't even have my mouse near that card makes no sense, people not even being able to port, it taking forever to get into some doors. It is everywhere, and everyone in game is talking about it.

It was great before the update, now it's not. Treating him like he's imagining it, or he should just deal with it is not going to help. I can't even open wizard101 on my system anymore. As a paying customer, I think I have reason to be upset that a game that was fast, responsive, and fun is now almost unplayable, and for my computer, downright is.

Defender
May 06, 2009
RyconPayne wrote:
These bugs are pretty much complained about by everyone you come across in the game. Playing guessing games about where the wisp may or may not be is ridiculous, discarding cards when I didn't even have my mouse near that card makes no sense, people not even being able to port, it taking forever to get into some doors. It is everywhere, and everyone in game is talking about it.

It was great before the update, now it's not. Treating him like he's imagining it, or he should just deal with it is not going to help. I can't even open wizard101 on my system anymore. As a paying customer, I think I have reason to be upset that a game that was fast, responsive, and fun is now almost unplayable, and for my computer, downright is.

The only one I have encountered is wisps not necessarily being where you see them. But that is the case with other wizards, and monsters as well, and you see it in any MMORPG where things are moving. It's annoying, but at least it can be explained why.

The other things you're talking about aren't anything he mentioned, so I'm not sure why you say I'm saying he is imagining them, because he didn't bring them up. He brought up about changing the feint so it affects only death spells (a bad idea, wouldn't you agree?) and seeing monsters using death traps that can't cast them with spells that aren't death.

I have not had any of the problems he mentioned since the patch, other than wisps (which has been a problem in the more than year I've been playing the game), and I admit that I didn't use the test server much.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010

This happens to me too, and the lower in Mana I am the harder it is for the whisps to come to you. And what really irks me is being right on top of it waiting for the game to catch up with the fact that I need them, and someone comes by and steals it. Burns me up. There are more yes, but its the I was there first principle.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Is the mana wisp thing possibly lag related? Lag issues typically make things look like they are one place when they are in fact another place altogether, but you probably already considered that.

Is the pip thing involving power pips? You likely know this too, but power pips only count for two for your primary school, so two power pips is only two pips for anything not in your primary spell line. Like I said you probably know these things, just wondering out loud.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Yes, after, achieving a Grand Master Death and working on this current almost Level 30 Death I know what traps/feints/blades/et al of the different schools look like.

Later on Otto Winterwatch in Mirkholm Keep is cheating by using a +30 death trap to support his Storm school lightning bats. Worse, he is casting 2 of the +30 traps at once but only uses one and nails me again with the bats without having to cast another spell to set a second +30 trap.

Yes, still I miserably beat his cheating self and his crooked helper.

The next guy in line was Hyglak, another cheater. He was putting +70 Death school feints on me to support Fire school spells that actually were only +30. That must be some kind of deception to get me to waste pips on health as I may be fearing the +70, ha. Then I used a real +70 Death school feint on him and all I got out of it was +30. In the end all he got for his trouble was unceremoniously buried in his own cave.

I don't know what code strings got crossed with the pet update but messed this up bad.

Like Wulfric Foesbane said, my courage and battle-strength are legendary.

Then I was looking for the lost wolves in the caves. A Grendel Wortling bluffs with a fake +70 Death school feint on me and then hit me with the Rotten Fodder Ghoul and received +0 from the feint. Then he did it again only only got +30 out of it. Worse, the only reason we were fighting was because the Wortling snagged me while I was way clear of any danger zone. Yep, I had them both for breakfast. Not that tasty but it's better than nothing on a day of battle.

Mirkholm Keep has become a den of liars and thieves. Like Wulfric Foesbane said, I show no fear in the caverns and my bravery is without match.

So while I'm on my way to pay a no knock visit to Scarl Doomhowler that Wortling's brother on down the path pulled the same trick so I smeared the cave wall with him and his buddy. So then I see that Doomhowler has 8 Moonstrider Howler's backing him up and it doesn't matter which is closet in proximity when I attack, I already know up front that they are going to bluff, lie, cheat and steal their way through this fight so I just go ahead and rush him headlong.

So here I am with the lying pips with both Firezilla and Vampire needing 4 pips but only Vampire is highlighted when he hits 350 and Firezilla hits 650-730 and would take a hunk out of old Scarl Doomhowler but we certainly can't be having any of that now from the hero can we so obviously I'm getting ripped off right from the start.

So he is using Death feint on me and it's still consistent that this coming from them is only good for +30 so after that, little did I know that all this had corrupted me and was my turn to rip them off for a change so I hit the +400 self Life Fairy and cleverly used the +30 death trap he had on me. Ha, take that I said. So he hem hawed around with his tricks and so forth but, valiant as usual, the underdog again buries the boss.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
RyconPayne wrote:

He brought up about changing the feint so it affects only death spells (a bad idea, wouldn't you agree?) and seeing monsters using death traps that can't cast them with spells that aren't death

I didn't say either one of those. I said the feints issued to each school should be school specific, death can only use death feint, storm can only use storm feint because as is, feint is a public use spell and more often than not is wasted by others with low level spells when if they had left it alone I can take out a high ranking enemy in one shot because if my spells are not wasted by others, depending on the enemy, I can hit for around 5,000 to 6,000 damage without doubling up on or duplicating spells.

By wasting my feints they waste time and resources and greatly increase the chance of death by prolonging the fight.

Nor should it be allowed for the enemy to cast a +30 death trap on me and then use that to add +30 damage to a subsequent storm spell they cast on me when in fact that +30 death trap is only supposed to be activated when it is hit with a death spell.

Hero
May 27, 2009
I'd say most of the things listed by the Original Poster happened prior to the Pet Update, so blaming them on the update would not necessarily be correct. Many monsters cast spells not from their labeled "school" especially in Grizzleheim, which is supposed to be a little harder with each area, and Moonstriders are in Mirkholm Keep, which is the Level 35 area. If they can cast Curse or Hex (or Weakness or Black Mantle) on you, it's just to keep you on your toes.

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
Yes. It has happened to me also, but in a different way. I have encountered some problems with my card deck of spells. When I was in PvP, I was tracing the spell, you know, casting it. And it fizzled. The weird part is, I saw my pips disappear. Just like that. The SAME thing happened to my friend. Also, when I was logging into the game, I was lagging even when I was in a empty district. It stopped my game many times. I turned off my computer, but it was still running so I had to shut it down. If there is a solution to this problem, or maybe more occurs have happened, please write below. Darn my computer.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Traps are not like the public use feint which is activated by any damage spell from any school cast by any player or NPC on a target that has the feint.

These NPC's are putting death traps on me and then casting damage spells from other schools that use those death traps as a +30 supporting spell when in fact the only thing that is supposed to activate a storm trap is a storm spell.

That is wrong. I can't really say it's cheating because these NPC have no consciousness to do right or wrong and only do what they are programmed to do or they act awry according to a glitch.

I have even considered that these NPC's may be doing the right thing but the wrong texture is being applied to the trap placed on the player. The death trap texture may be in use on what is actually a storm trap. That theory isn't complete though because they were getting +0 from a +70 and +30 from a +70 and casting 2 +30's at one time so that suggest that the code has gone haywire somewhere.

These things were not going on when I passed through there on my first wizard.

So they are either wrongly using death traps to support storm spells or the wrong texture is being employed for the NPC's traps. It has to be one or the other because a death trap cannot be activated by a storm spell.

As far as the feint goes, the feints are colored according to school. Since anyone can use or abuse a feint cast by another player why even give them school colors? Just slap rainbow stripes on front of all feints or give all schools a "feint freeze" or similar spell so that no matter what happens, only you can use the feint that you cast. If you die then your feint becomes public use.

Even a "card freeze' spell would be an interesting addition to combat mechanics since no other player or minion, even if they are of the same school, can use any utility spell that you cast on an NPC, unless you die.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Now I log in and port over to my friend in Village of Sorrow to help with Cursed Ronins and my +40 death blade was red and when I cast Banshee I only got +20 out of the blade WHEN THERE IS NO +20 BLADE!!!

So I put on my +40 death blade again and then before it was my turn it disappeared off of me and I was passed up when it was my turn as if I had voluntarily passed.

Later on I'm fighting Shakes O'leary. I cast a +70 death school feint on him and simultaneously the same feint appeared on me.

I cast a double spell, the feint was put on him and me at the same time.

After I cast the feint it was his turn and his spell made use of the feint THAT I HAD PLACED ON MYSELF.

All these foul ups in spells are totally destroying the game.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Now I was fighting Freddie Nine Lives and every death school feint that I cast on him also goes onto me simultaneously but the one that attaches itself to me isn't +70 it's +30.

I am casting damage support spells on myself in favor of the enemy. How ridiculous is that? At the same time as he is death school, he is putting death traps on me that are being used by his non death schools spells like the ice/snow snake.

I still beat him all nine times without leaving the arena since he has 1,000 health and I just 1,128 him in one shot with feint/prism/blade.

Defender
May 06, 2009
jaronuts wrote:
Now I was fighting Freddie Nine Lives and every death school feint that I cast on him also goes onto me simultaneously but the one that attaches itself to me isn't +70 it's +30.

I am casting damage support spells on myself in favor of the enemy. How ridiculous is that? At the same time as he is death school, he is putting death traps on me that are being used by his non death schools spells like the ice/snow snake.

I still beat him all nine times without leaving the arena since he has 1,000 health and I just 1,128 him in one shot with feint/prism/blade.

If what you are saying here is that you are putting the 70% feint on your enemy and getting a 30% on you as well, this is what is supposed to happen. The one on yourself has been incorrectly showing up as 70% for as long as I've been playing, though it only has actually added 30% to opponent attacks. As you can see from the card itself, it's now working just as described since the update:

I have not seen the behavior you are describing with death traps since playing the new update, and I've been paying attention because of this thread.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
ElFuego wrote:

If what you are saying here is that you are putting the 70% feint on your enemy and getting a 30% on you as well, this is what is supposed to happen.

I have been playing for many months and even have a Grand Master death and this Death feint is not supposed to be behaving this way as it has NEVER happened to me before the pet update.

This has to be a new thing.

If so then this is a new spell in the game that is pulled out of thin air.

It is a +30 Death school feint.

This +30 Death school feint is cast upon yourself at the same time that you cast the +70 Death school feint on an opponent.

These two feints are identical in appearance as far as shields and trap images go but the +30 is on you and the +70 is on the opponent.

Meanwhile, your opponent can put the Death school feint on you without suffering the +30 version of it being placed on themselves.

The feint was bad enough by being chronically wasted in public fights by people wanting to use others feints to be cool and hit higher with low level spells but now this self damage aspect of it has ruined feint completely.

For all it is worth now one might as not even have it in their deck. It was a valuable spell, now it's a liability.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
ElFuego wrote:

I have not seen the behavior you are describing with death traps since playing the new update, and I've been paying attention because of this thread.

Fight the things that I mention where this is happening and see if you get the same or different results.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
jaronuts wrote:
Now I log in and port over to my friend in Village of Sorrow to help with Cursed Ronins and my +40 death blade was red and when I cast Banshee I only got +20 out of the blade WHEN THERE IS NO +20 BLADE!!!

So I put on my +40 death blade again and then before it was my turn it disappeared off of me and I was passed up when it was my turn as if I had voluntarily passed.

Later on I'm fighting Shakes O'leary. I cast a +70 death school feint on him and simultaneously the same feint appeared on me.

I cast a double spell, the feint was put on him and me at the same time.

After I cast the feint it was his turn and his spell made use of the feint THAT I HAD PLACED ON MYSELF.

All these foul ups in spells are totally destroying the game.

Oh man this happen to me! I was in GH, doing a boss fight. And my computer froze (Kinda) when it gave me the choice again. I choose Hex 30% When it was my time to cast it skipped me and then at next choice it was on ME!! Then I chose a per pip spell (fire the one with the dog in the dog house) Its supposed to be 125 per pip over 3 rounds. I had 7 pips No power pips (not my school) And It hit only 225 twice and fizzled out I was so MAD! I had to wait a while to get those pips too. Also I hit a link spell with my other wizard and It only gave me 30 life and then fizzled didn't even hit the boss at all. These have been all occasions before and after the update. Not sure how they are going to fix the multiple glitches. I love the game, so I hope they do it soon. Oh since the update, I loose my mount in commons. And sometimes my outfit. I am all red and robotic. But only in the commons.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Now I go kill 3 giant spiders for Lady Desane and the Life traps the spiders are putting on me look identical to my -80 Life sheild then later on their Life traps change to actually look like Life traps. This can lead a player to falsely believe that they have a -80 Life damage defense when they don't.

So I go back to Ravenwood and when I leave the dorm suddenly I hear the Ninja Pig combat attack sound effect which is wholly out of place in Ravenwood commons. Right in the middle of Ravenwood commons is a huge geometric hole in the world that looks like an assembly of various black triangles.

Then I'm fighting Clanker and his clockwork helper. They are both putting Death traps on me and activating them with Fire spells which is cheating. Then Clanker's helper is using Absorb but is not absorbing any damage. That worked for me, lol.

It appears that the universe of Wizard City is falling apart at the seams and I'm sure we can't pass this one off on Malistaire.

I think the community deserves an answer about how all these things were not detected during testing before the update release and if they did detect this stuff why did they release the update in this condition?

Or was it not tested as they may rely solely on computer models assessing functionality instead of actual game play?

And just in time for a three day weekend.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
What if you want to set up a feint for somebody else? :-). My friends put up feints for me, and on my death wizard, I like to put up feints for other people sometimes :P.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
jaronuts wrote:
As far as the feint goes, the feints are colored according to school. Since anyone can use or abuse a feint cast by another player why even give them school colors? Just slap rainbow stripes on front of all feints or give all schools a "feint freeze" or similar spell so that no matter what happens, only you can use the feint that you cast. If you die then your feint becomes public use.

Either you implying all schools have respective feints, or your word choice is causing conflicted interpretation.

On the subject,

I've been playing since 08 and have NEVER encountered the 'death trap abuse' bug your talking about. As said tons of times previously, your likely confusing it with Hex. Starting sometime in KT or MB, most of the mobs can use Hex,curse,weakness,etc..

Regardless, why should it matter? As you were chronicling your encounters with the "cheating" mobs, you always came out on top, so what's the big deal in the matter? Bug/Glitch or not, the fact remains that most people will still overcome it if it exists.

As for the other glitches, they're so incredibly minor you get used to them. Door glitch you walk back and then forward again, discard wrong card by some fluke-steady your mouse first. Lying mana-wisps, run around in circles around it.

As I read your more recent posts, your essentially demanding an answer from KingsIsle for every day graphical glitches. You name me one game that has NO Bugs/Glitches. I know you won't because there exists none. Every game has their fair share of them and your doing nothing but making a mountain out of a mole-hill. As for bugs slipping through the testers, are you telling me all bugs are going to become apparent in the time frame the Test Realm is open and it's released to the public?

It seems to me your making this out to be way more than it is. All the bugs you have been 'ranting' about are so incredibly minuscule they have very little impact in the big scheme of things.

I appreciate and respect your maturity in this, but put this thread to rest. It really never needed to be made and taken to this level. The graphical bugs are mostly hilarious, gameplay bugs are everyday visual and performance errors. Enjoy the game for what it's worth and have a happy year at Ravenwood.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
StormrunnerX7 wrote:
... Enjoy the game for what it's worth and have a happy year at Ravenwood.

Dear StormrunnerX7:

LOVE YOU!!! LOL...

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Honeybee313 wrote:
StormrunnerX7 wrote:

Dear StormrunnerX7:

LOVE YOU!!! LOL...
LOL

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Honeybee313 wrote:
StormrunnerX7 wrote:

Dear StormrunnerX7:

LOVE YOU!!! LOL...
LOL

What can i say i'm a people pleaser... o.0

Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
Sounds like there might be a graphical glitch. What looks like a 30% death trap that is supporting a myth spell, is probably just a myth trap and the game is displaying the wrong trap icon. Probably just a bug and needs to be reported.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
jaronuts wrote:

Fix it.

If you think that is hard, wait till you're a grand and do briskbreeze tower. the first boss does meteors that do 10,000 dmg when healing is used. The last boss does it any time he can.