Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Freezes me up!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
When I play the Test Realm (which I think has been retired by now) or when I play normal Wizard 101 (which the pet system has been entered) I've discovered a few problems:

First of all, it is taking an EXTREMLEY long time to load. I'm going to guess this is because of all of the new updates and such, so it had to replace some information or something. This I am okay with.

My main problem, though, is this:

Whenever I play for about a minute or so, my game suddenly freezes up. I don't know if this is my computer or what, but it happens. Within the next week I'll be able to play Wizard101 on a different computer (I believe) so that's not too bad of a problem, but I want to be able to play until then. I just got a cerificate for a One Month subscription, and I want to use that as much as I can!

So for example, today I logged on. It took about half an hour to load. (this is when I thought something was wrong. Or different. Or both.) and then, when I was finally able to press 'play', it took some time getting to the Character Selection Screen. Basically, not only has the game slowed down for me, but also it has STOPPED WORKING!

I am running through the game... ready to go talk to Ambrose to start with the Advanced Pet System, but then, OH NO! I've stopped moving! Everything around me is stuck! But I can still control my mouse... my computer must not be fro-

....nevermind. My mouse is stuck. My tower ain't makin' a sound. NOTHING IS WORKING!

And that's when I rebooted and came to post this.

Any help?

Administrator
We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you, young Wizard!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
Thank you, Gamma! I tried to use the 'contact us' tab in the Help section, but even after I had typed everything (and I had attatched a DxDiag) it wouldn't let me click 'Continue'.

-wingedpony

Administrator
You can just send the email directly as listed above, young Wizard. Mr Lincoln reads ALL his email!

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I don't think it is your computer. I am having the same problems.

My game is very laggy in spite of the server saying it is "perfect." I normally only have lag in the evening when it is busy.

My whole game just crashed when trying to go to my home also. This is a new problem as well.