Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm minion is a problem

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 25, 2008
The only thing they do is shield themselves and taunt. I seen some of them attack but not very often. Please fix it!!

Regards,

Maryanne

P.S. At least the enemies end up attacking them instead of you :) only good thing about it

Defender
May 06, 2009
That's what it's supposed to do. The minions that cast taunt are intending to divert attacks away from you. This is useful to storm because storm wizards are fragile as paper Storm wizards already have massive attacks, you need a minion to do more?

Myth has a minotaur minion that does the same thing, cases taunts and ice shields. When it is low on health, it casts ghouls. Other than that, it casts precious few attacks.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
I love that minion, it's like 750 free hit points give or take plus it uses the life absorb spell on occasion and ghouls to heal. Gives me time to set up tempest or whatever I'm working toward.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I don't know how storm would survive without the storm minion! It is fabulous and holds it's own even against the DS bosses. Don't change a thing!

Hero
May 27, 2009
I love my storm minion - I admit it takes some trial and error to learn how to use it successfully. If you understand its purpose and play accordingly, it is wonderful. Same for the minions of any school. Life for example has to expect the Sprite to waste their traps with an Imp, and Fire has to expect its minion to play a Fire Elf every other turn. This changes any play of traps, but does not hinder bladed attacks The Sprite heals its owner and the Fire Minion takes away shields that the enemy may put up. If you don't like how the minion plays, you are free to buy other school's minion cards at the Bazaar and try them out.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
to be honest when it comes to solo questing i think storm minion is the best minion in the game. Sure it would be pretty much a waste of pips in pvp but with the low health storm minion is a key spell for storm wizards especially before tempest is learned.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
ok thanks for explaining. It alright, i just will not use it or use it when I need to set up spells. Just saying it is a waste of pips. I use lots of henchmen though and treasure cards from the bartleby random deck. That seems to help. After I get tempest, I will not use the minion I might it depends how i feel and how much room is in my deck. It no problem when you have other wizard friends helping you. I actually liked the fire minion, the death minion and the life minion.

Anyway I just think minions should protect thier owner not themselves. Storm minion I randomly picked sometimes. I also think life henchmen should heal, but yeah that is another story :P

Regards,

Maryanne

P.S So used to this game now win or lose, I can't stop playing this is the best online game ever.