Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Energy - Crowns vs Time

AuthorMessage
Administrator
I know all the Wizards are in a rush to get your pets leveled up, but many of you are shouting that you have to pay Crowns to regain your Pet Energy.

I'm here to tell you that you have a choice. The Pet Energy will regain a point every 10 minutes, so you can spend time doing quests and other adventures while your Energy refills naturally on its own. Your Energy will also continue to fill when you are not playing Wizard101.

If you do not want to wait, then we have given you the option to purchase an Energy refill with Crowns.

It comes down to Time vs Crowns, young Wizards.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Hero
May 27, 2009
Thanks, Gamma - I am one of the quiet wizards who don't mind waiting for the energy to refill. So far as I can tell, it's a great way to balance out pet-time with quest-time. The wait won't seem so long once the newness wears off and people come to incorporate pet training with the rest of their playtime.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Is it possible to pass the pet to your other characters, thereby having six full energies, by the time you are done with number six, your first player should be full again?

Defender
Oct 14, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
Is it possible to pass the pet to your other characters, thereby having six full energies, by the time you are done with number six, your first player should be full again?

Taking a pet out of your Shared Bank empties your Energy.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Thank you for posting Gamma, however ONE point of energy every 10 minutes is rather, well, ridiculous. I think the point my fellow players are trying to make is that it feels like you're corralling us into buying crows if we want to get our pets anywhere. We can quest for an hour and regain six points of energy which really isn’t much at all, and it’s especially tedious for Grand Master wizards who’ve already completed all the quests, side quests, crafting quests, and have found Merle’s lost left sock to boot.

Five points of energy might be a little much, but two or three would make all the difference in the world, I think. Sure it would still be too low for some, but it would better serve the players who have nothing else to do while their sweet little pets recharged.

Something else that may improve the ‘pet energy gameplay’ would be to have a gold fee, much like the one for potion refills, in place. It’ll start out at the crown-equivelant and steadily increase every time you purchase a refill. This would allow players who don’t have the option of buying crowns to participate more actively, and allow the players with crowns to enjoy a ‘flat rate’, and would keep pet leveling on-par because, eventually, these players will run out of gold much like crown users will run out of crowns.

These are just things to take into consideration, ideas to help improve what many feel is a flawed system.

Good luck!

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Gamma wrote:
I know all the Wizards are in a rush to get your pets leveled up, but many of you are shouting that you have to pay Crowns to regain your Pet Energy.

I'm here to tell you that you have a choice. The Pet Energy will regain a point every 10 minutes, so you can spend time doing quests and other adventures while your Energy refills naturally on its own. Your Energy will also continue to fill when you are not playing Wizard101.

If you do not want to wait, then we have given you the option to purchase an Energy refill with Crowns.

I don't buy Crowns and waiting for my pet's energy to refill doesn't bother me at all because as Gamma said it gives us time to go do quests, etc. Sure it might be nice to have it refill faster but hey I'm just really thankful for the addition of the Pet Pavillion. Besides, if it refilled faster then everyone would just be hanging around the Pet Pavillion all day and the lag would be terrible and not alot of people would be out doing quests.
Keep up the great work, I love this game :D

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
Don't get me wrong, I love this game too. The number of things I love about it far outweigh the few things I just live with.
I rarely ever post on boards let alone post about having an issue but I feel compelled to say something on the topic of advanced pets.
I have spent A LOT of money on this game. It is my choice to do so and I enjoy every minute of game play and am thankful I am one of the people who can afford to buy crowns.
But I am beyond disappointed with the advance pets.
My friend (who also buys a lot of crowns) and I went in the night the pavilion opened and wanted to try the pet combining option. We then realized you can only use adult pets for this. The only adult pets we had were ones we had paid crowns for so we decided to level up a teen instead.
Hours later the teen bar, which was full to begin with, had not advanced into the adult bar. Our pets had run out of energy three times and we paid crowns to bring them back and keep leveling.
After an entire night of this we both gave up in disgust, both pets still teens, no new egg combinations and hundreds of crowns gone.

My point finally is this. It feels like a rip off and I am very concerned that Wizard101 may be heading the way of other on-line games that are designed to make as much money as possible without any thought to the loyal players who keep the game alive.

This is just my opinion and I understand a lot of people may disagree.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
So I have already reported this issue with tech. But was wondering if anyone else had this issue. I refilled my pets energy with crowns. Then I began to do some quests, went to my house to drop of some items and when I entered my home my pets energy was gone! Just gone it disapeared for no reason. So I will not be purchasing any more energy until these little bugs are fixed. Also anyone figured out how to set your pet loose on your property? Oh And I did buy a thug cat with a Balance card, I am balance, But this is not a card I have ever seen. Is this going to be one of the new spells?? Ok No spoilers I get it, but Its a nice card!

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010

I don't buy Crowns and waiting for my pet's energy to refill doesn't bother me at all because as Gamma said it gives us time to go do quests, etc. Sure it might be nice to have it refill faster but hey I'm just really thankful for the addition of the Pet Pavillion. Besides, if it refilled faster then everyone would just be hanging around the Pet Pavillion all day and the lag would be terrible and not alot of people would be out doing quests.

What if ur a grandmaster like me and finished all the quests. U would have to sit there and wait,but if u can buy it with gold,it will reduce the wait.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
It's still very annoying waiting for pet energy to replenish. But if you log off, your pet energy will still replenish overtime.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Everybody:

The easiest way to get a recharge is to level up. It fills up all three of the life/mana/power.

So, check how much a quest will bring in. Just before you level up, spend out your power. Then turn in the quest, level up, and you are good to go.

Note, so far it seems that you get enough drops as you are adventuring to have a snack for each run. Better yet, you can craft levle 3-4 snacks with lower level crafting to fit the school of your pet.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
My problem is i have paid crowns to recharge my pet energy. However on the cannon game some times i will hit the bullseye and it will tell me better luck next time. i have spent 500 crowns so far on 2 refills and most of the cannon games i have played are glitched. Please fix this and give me my crowns back if possible?

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
I agree with the posters who write that the energy regeneration for our pets is slow. My main wizard is grandmaster balance; so, I guess, it's time to start a new character while I wait for my main wizard's pet to regain his energy. From helping my friends level up to grand master with me, I've got enough gear that my new wizard will be set. lolz. The new mini-games are fun, though.

-- Emily

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
ViolentRev wrote:
Gamma wrote:

I love this game too, but what if you are like me and you beat the game, found everything, ect.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
yahoo301 wrote:
I love this game too, but what if you are like me and you beat the game, found everything, ect.

I have, many times...I just start yet another character and play it though. For some reason people think that it is a one time through game...heck, I treat it like pizza, I may have defeated those evil slices before, but I am more than happy when a new slice or two threatens me. :)

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I agree with the pet time thing. Otherwise you just have abunch of super pets walking around and no one did anything to EARN them. I like the idea of making the advancement of pets down and something you have to earn. Enhances the game.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
People stop complaining about it. I think the new pet update is only good with the pets in and out of house. The rest I don't care about. I don't mind waiting for refills. I play 2 maze games and 2 dance games then I stop. I play arena on my grandmasters or I am playing my fourth character which is storm. I leveled up 2 from baby to Teen. I change pets from whatever world I play at the moment. So by the time I do quests and whatever some might become Adult or at least one of mine will be Adult. Won't bother with the hatching too expensive.

Can't wait for Celestia!! Already June, not long now :)

Regards,

Maryanne for this wonderful game

P.S. If you don't like certain aspects just don't play thoses bits.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Maryanne20 wrote:
People stop complaining about it. I think the new pet update is only good with the pets in and out of house. The rest I don't care about. I don't mind waiting for refills. I play 2 maze games and 2 dance games then I stop. I play arena on my grandmasters or I am playing my fourth character which is storm. I leveled up 2 from baby to Teen. I change pets from whatever world I play at the moment. So by the time I do quests and whatever some might become Adult or at least one of mine will be Adult. Won't bother with the hatching too expensive.

Can't wait for Celestia!! Already June, not long now :)

Regards,

Maryanne for this wonderful game

P.S. If you don't like certain aspects just don't play thoses bits.

man the pet energy takes to long to refill there should be wisp floting around like mana and health in the pet pavilion so you dont need use crowns or wait like 50 hours :(

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
ktm009 wrote:
man the pet energy takes to long to refill there should be wisp floting around like mana and health in the pet pavilion so you dont need use crowns or wait like 50 hours :(

1) Pet Energy ONLY TAKES 8 HOURS to refill, and fills while you're NOT on that wizard.
2) You have 6 Wizards on 1 Account. You can train 6 different pets, and then do your pet transfers before you go questing.
3) Non Grandmaster wizards get FULL ENERGY on Level Up. This means that if you know the next quest turn in will boost you up, go expend your energy before turning it in, so you can get the Level Up energy restore.
4) During times when you are waiting for pet energy, you can also FARM for new pets or go take a nap.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
I feel as though this game is all about getting money? I don't know if that makes sense but it seems like every time there is an update there is never anything in for the players who spend their money on wizard101. Maybe every once in a while send people free refills as an award? I dont know but i myself am angered at this and please understand that if this keeps up this update you made? no one is going to want to do it.

Jeffrey Bluebreeze lvl 50 ice
Jeffrey dawnbreaker lvl 50 life

Survivor
May 01, 2010
All of these people who say that the Pet leveling system is wonderful are in for a BIG surprise when they get to Ancient. I won't spoil the surprise, but I'm betting that most of them change thier tune.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
shaggyzon2 wrote:
All of these people who say that the Pet leveling system is wonderful are in for a BIG surprise when they get to Ancient. I won't spoil the surprise, but I'm betting that most of them change thier tune.

ya um....its definitely not fun from there...

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Wow Who cares, if pets are whatever. The mini games is just a break from questing. Also why would you waste you waste crowns on refills, as I said just wait or not play it.