Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Energy - Crowns vs Time

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2009
i've done every qeust in this game four times(except class spell qeusts).
none of my characters can lvl and NO im not jut gonna pay ten dollars a month just so i can log in for 5 mins and use up all my pet energy.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
I have a funner idea. First, have a pet teen or up. Play some mini games at night + pet derby races. Then in morning, play mini games again(you will have all your energy back by then). No crowns and more fun.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
Maryanne20 wrote:
Wow Who cares, if pets are whatever. The mini games is just a break from questing. Also why would you waste you waste crowns on refills, as I said just wait or not play it.

WOW, Apparently a lot of people care. The point is if you only have a few hours a day or week to play it is going to take a very long time to level pets. In order to fully "enjoy" (i use that term loosely) the Pet update and mix and hatch you HAVE to get to adult first. This update has been advertised in one light and the reality isn't anything like it. The mixes look like your existing pets and the costs are insane!
The minigames are a grind and if you aren't good at one too bad because you can only get certain stats from certain games. And if you are NOT PERFECT you don't get anything from ancient to epic! And that by the way is 780 points of XP that you get 1 or 2 per game and only 6 games a day thats 64 days of mimgames per PET. Where is XP from battle on this KI?

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
The refills should be 4 or more points every 10 minutes, because at this rate it'll take me almost 3 days(and that's if I get on so not a single point is wasted) to get my pet to turn adult. and since i have other things to do such as oh maybe eat, sleep, go to school, go to my job, club activities, sports events and whatever else I might have to do, I'll never be able to get an adult for a LONG time for this recharge rate. No offence, but playing W101 any possible moment I'm not doing anything else for weeks just to get my pet to aduult isn't worth it one bit.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
I really don't see a problem with it being one point every ten minutes. Many of you are complaining that you don't get very far in a single night. Well isn't that the point? It's not like you got your wizard to grandmaster in a day or two, so why should you get your pet to epic in the same amount of time. If you finish everything there is to do so quickly, you will run out of things to do just as quickly. I got my Stormzilla from teen, to ancient is just a few days time, because I spent the money I earned farming on food for it, and I used the pet points as soon as I could to play another game. So it isn't impossible to get your pet up in a short amount of time, the only difference is deciding a week is a short amount of time over one night.

Besides all this, the harder you work at it, the more excited you will be when you achieve your goal. :P

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
Fawne wrote:
and have found Merle’s lost left sock to boot.

What does "found Merle's left sock to boot" mean?

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
I just think it is true like before I thought it refilled all the way in 10 Mins. Boy was I surprised when it when up once. I was so surprised I actually buzzed out & screamed in my head. I noticed Do You Finish A Player In 1 Day? NO! So as a level 50 I went out & hung out with my friends and when I was done I had enough energy to do Mini games. It's a hard process for others they are impatient so the whole rule for this is WAIT! I have been playing ths game for almost a year 1/2. ROCK ON W101 AND CELESTIA IS GOING TO BE AWESOME

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
I definitely agree with Fawn, especially about being able to refill your energy with gold instead of crowns. I mean, I love this game and all, but sometimes it seems that all the game makers care about is money. Doesn't the players' happiness matter at all?

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Is it possible to increase your pet energy? That would be worth buying with coins, or crowns.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
That's good. I don't like the "crowns pays for everything" right now, 'cause I don't want to give my credit card to Kingsisle and the 7-11 is a long way away... Translation: I don't get crowns often.

Explorer
Jun 18, 2009
Thanks, but I think waiting an hour for 6 energy points which plays 3 minigames- wait sometimes only one- is a little ridiculous. Can't you make it so you can buy refills with the gold equivalent of crowns?

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
If this matters so much then why not, while waiting to refill pet energy, go and just battle for snacks?That's what I do. :?

Survivor
Sep 06, 2009
I am actually kind of mad about the new pet pavilion thing but happy at the same time. The reasons I dislke it is because you have to level the pet up to get the card it comes with, like the snow serpent pet I got on my Ice wizard, I have to level it all the way up to adult which takes a very long time just for a single card. Also, the energey regain rate is too slow and for grandmasters who have completed all of their quests, they have nothing to do and they wish not to spend crowns on refiling pet energy. Now for the posetive comments :-) . One of them is because of the mutated cards. I think it is a great idea to let actual players to use the mutated cards that the CPU use in the game. And when you level your pet up, you can get new features on the pet that dont even come with it. For example, I got a Firezila pet a while ago and started to pet pavilion and leveled it up a few levels and got + 5% resistance to all classes and + 37 Max ealth for me. So overall, it is kind of cool and un cool at the same time :? .

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
I have to agree with others here that pet leveling takes too long and ends up costing WAY too much. From what I've read on Wiz101Central, only the level 48 Grandmaster pets combine to make a totally new pet. If that's true, you can only level your pet using the Grandmaster that earned it, and questing to kill time and refill pet energy will only last so long before that Grandmaster reaches level 50. In fact, once you've actually gotten the pet, you probably ARE almost level 50 since you don't immediately get it once you turn level 48.

Once you've reached level 50, you have no choice but to simply wait for a point every ten minutes, or pay crowns to refill. If there was a gold purchase option, you COULD pay gold for it, but once you've spent all your gold to level the pet, you may not have the 40,000 to 50,000 gold left to actually hatch it. Some of the snacks are 500 gold each, and I suspect the refill option would be far more than that since it's already 250 crowns. It will take several refills and many many snacks to level your pet. Once you are out of gold, your only option is to farm endlessly for hours and hours to try to build your gold back up.

I'm not saying that pet leveling should be easy, fast, cheap, or whatever. However, I don't think it would be detrimental to the experience to reduce the costs a little bit and have the energy refill just a bit faster.

Cat