Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Egg never hatching?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2010
I did the guest to get my pig pet, it hatched, no big deal. I got another egg, i didnt buy it so i think i got it from a drop. it's called an "otherworldly egg" so i was happy, and impatiently watch the timer go down. it took over 2 hours, but i was getting excited to see my new pet and train it. i was in battle, and when i got out i looked at it. i currently have "1193405:02:31" left until hatch, presumably in hr:min:sec. so... over 135 years. ...

has this happened to anyone? is it a glitch? how do i get my baby?

Administrator
Distressing indeed!

Please log completely out of the game, young Wizard, and launch it again and let us know if your pet still hasn't hatched.

Any screenshots you may have about this bug can be sent to community@wizard101.com.

Just a side note, changing your computer's clock does not change the actual countdown timer on Hatching. That information is stored on our servers, not your computer. Changing the date or time on your computer will not speed up Hatching.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
May 08, 2010
I had the same problem it said i had an overworlding egg in my bank. what i did was simply move it to my backpack an it hatched into a lepherchaun.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
I am having issues with this never hatching pet egg as well...I completely exit out of Wizard101 game and went back on and it still is at very high hours before it hatches...are there any other fixes to this?

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Is it in your bank or your backpack? If it's in your bank then it doesn't give an accurate count. I did this once with an egg because I didn't want to keep toting it around for fear of accidental selling. When I checked to see if it had hatched, my eyes nearly popped out at the time given; once I put it in my pack, everthing was fine.

Administrator
Seems this bug has returned to haunt us.

If you have an egg that has a ridiculously long timer (more than 24hours) then please post the name of the egg in this thread. Just click the POST REPLY button at the bottom of the page and post the name of the egg and the hatch time shown.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Otherworldly egg, only mine disappeared.

It showed a ridiculously long hatch time, so I decided to wait until the next day to see what pet I won. The next time I logged in to the game, I checked all of my wizards' banks, the shared bank, and their backpacks, and neither egg nor pet was to be found.

Thanks,

Iridian

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
Seems this bug has returned to haunt us.

If you have an egg that has a ridiculously long timer (more than 24hours) then please post the name of the egg in this thread. Just click the POST REPLY button at the bottom of the page and post the name of the egg and the hatch time shown.

This happened to me today, on a Jade Oni egg I purchased. I watched it count down to 0.00.00, then it turned into a long number filling the entire field (it started with a 1, but I didn't write down the number). The name remained grayed-out.

I exited the game completely and started it again, finding the hatched baby in my backpack.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
I have had this issue before but then i am walking then i see the pet hatch.Then i am like

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
hmm... the main eggs never hatching seems to be otherworldly eggs... im starting to think the otherworldy egg is supposed to never hatch... am i wright?

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
Survivor
May 28, 2009
Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
Same, but my pet was a maelstrom egg (Pedigree 57 Stormzilla) in my bank, and right as it was supposed to hatch, it was set too that. But when i moved it to my backpack, it was a stormzilla (already hatched).

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Well its appears this only happens if you re-download the game.Because once it was fixed then when i re-downloaded it was meesed up again.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2011
Kizer26 wrote:
I did the guest to get my pig pet, it hatched, no big deal. I got another egg, i didnt buy it so i think i got it from a drop. it's called an "otherworldly egg" so i was happy, and impatiently watch the timer go down. it took over 2 hours, but i was getting excited to see my new pet and train it. i was in battle, and when i got out i looked at it. i currently have "1193405:02:31" left until hatch, presumably in hr:min:sec. so... over 135 years. ...

Try epuiping it while it hatching there is an egg that is a pet with two chicken feet

Survivor
Apr 22, 2010
my egg is a jade egg and it has a long timer of 1193023:15:39, i have tried everything to fix the timer. can you help me.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
Kizer26 wrote:

this happend to me one day my blood bat was hatching and when it was done it said like a giantnumber but 5 seconds later it hatched it is kinda funny :P

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
All mine say weird times. I think its because of time zones.

Wiler5002
I'm here to help you

Survivor
Dec 29, 2010
That's actually happened to me. But it said sometihng like 9999999:56:34... I waited 2 weeks, and it hatched. Yes, I've relaunched the game. Nothing big, you just have to wait 40+ more than usual...

-Trevor SkyBlade 30 Balance-

Survivor
Mar 09, 2011
banningcanbetempor... wrote:
Kizer26 wrote:

Try epuiping it while it hatching there is an egg that is a pet with two chicken feet

Uhhhh, that pet hatches out of an egg. This is a glitch, so contact Mr. Lincon and you will get your Piggle.

-Alia Owl

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
GHOST1990RIDER wrote:
Egg type: Mysterious Egg :D . Time left for hatch: 1193044:07:00

if i were you i'd be excited its such a short time although it never happen to me i think its just ashame that you cant wait i mean face it have you saw a chicken lay eggs and hatch five minutes later?

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I have a Death Egg And it says it will hatch in 1343: 45: 27
Days hour minute

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
polikm70 wrote:
I have a Death Egg And it says it will hatch in 1343: 45: 27
Days hour minute
happened to me try either reinstaling game or buying different egg and se if they bth hatch

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
Hey people i have had the same problem with other eggs and my energy restor? anyone else having troubles with their energy restor as well? i hatched with my collosus pets and the egg that came out was like over 5 days timer just wanted to see if anyone had indeed had problems with class pet eggs cause i have had that egg that seems to glitch allot and i get the same problem.