Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Small Deck of Cards?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2010
Help! I need to battle a boss in Cyclops Lane, but my card deck is too small! I'll try my best to explain this to you.
Well, I have 6 basic cards in my deck. Right now, I'm using the Branded Wand (fire wizard wand), and it only lets me use those cards. So after i use those 6 cards once, my deck is empty and I have to pass my turn or flee! It never did this- before I got my membership. I need help!

Defender
May 06, 2009
Check which deck you have equipped. It sounds to me like an empty deck. You will only get your 'extra' spells, provided by wand, necklace, pet, or other items.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
blueletket9 wrote:
Help! I need to battle a boss in Cyclops Lane, but my card deck is too small! I'll try my best to explain this to you.
Well, I have 6 basic cards in my deck. Right now, I'm using the Branded Wand (fire wizard wand), and it only lets me use those cards. So after i use those 6 cards once, my deck is empty and I have to pass my turn or flee! It never did this- before I got my membership. I need help!

You have to "equip" a deck, just like you "equip" your hat, or robe, or shoes. Open you backpack and click on the tab at the top for "decks". Highlight a deck and then click the "hand" at the bottom of the page to "equip" it.

Then click on the "deck" image on the right hand side of the screen. It will show you the empty deck. You need to click on the spell cards to put them in the deck. And don't forget to add your treasure cards too.

All of this is explained in your handbook with more details too.

Hope this helps.

Survivor
May 12, 2010
ElFuego wrote:
Check which deck you have equipped. It sounds to me like an empty deck. You will only get your 'extra' spells, provided by wand, necklace, pet, or other items.

I have. I don't know what's happened, but I need help! I can't complete Wizard 101 with such a small deck!

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
blueletket9 wrote:
ElFuego wrote:

I have. I don't know what's happened, but I need help! I can't complete Wizard 101 with such a small deck!
You most likely forgot to equip the deck but you may have put the cards in it. Its happened to all of us so dont feel bad

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
blueletket9 wrote:
ElFuego wrote:

k so you equipped the deck, but did you add any cards to the deck??

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
If you really did equip your deck (but it sounds like you didn't), then as you level up, you can always go to the Wizard City Bazaar and buy a bigger deck.

But if all you are seeing are the cards from you wand, then it still sounds like you didn't fill you deck with spell cards, and also "equip" your deck as part of your gear.

If it still isn't working for you, you might want to send an e-mail to Help and Support at wizard101.com.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
blueletket9 wrote:
ElFuego wrote:

Click on the X and then click on your deck and then click on your cards, they will be added to your deck for you to use.

It sounds like all you are getting is your wand spells and if that is the case then you have no cards in your deck.

The only way they get into your deck is you must select which ones you want in your deck then they appear in the squares on the left of the screen.

The squares at the bottom left of the screen are the spells from your wand.

If the squares above are empty then you have an empty deck.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
When not in battle, press "P" on your keyboard. This will bring up the spell deck currently in use, and it should default to the top left tab, which is "All Spells".

Just under the row of tabs is the name of the deck you're using (i.e.. Starter Deck). Underneath that are 14 or more squares; these are slots in which you put the spells (i.e. those earned from your school) which show up on the right. If the 14+ squares are empty, that means that you haven't put any cards into the deck.

When you buy a deck, it comes empty; you have to equip the top part with the spells of your school (the ones on the right on the Spells menu; also, remember to use the arrow keys, if available, to see all of the listed spells). You only need to put cards into the deck one time; the deck will refresh after each battle. Of course, you may want to change which cards are in the deck, based on what you're fighting.

On the bottom left of the display is another group of slots. Those slots will include the spells that your wand gives you, plus any that your equipped gear gives you (such as a card from an amulet).