Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Identity Crisis

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Have you logged in to find your beloved Death Scarab now thinks it is a Grim Scarab? Or that Jade Oni suddenly things it is a Forest Oni?

No worries, young Wizards, we're aware of this small issue and we are working to correct it as soon as possible.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
what about icezilla beocming frostzilla and now giving wrong type of zilla attack card

Defender
Sep 20, 2008
AlecVolterra wrote:
what about icezilla beocming frostzilla and now giving wrong type of zilla attack card

Actually, I think its supposed to give stormzilla.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Galen wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:

Stormzilla gives Stormzilla. Ivezilla should give Icezilla.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
Galen wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:

Stormzilla gives Stormzilla. Ivezilla should give Icezilla.

It used to but Icezilla was too powerful

Jack Iceshard

Lvl30

Ice and life

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
Gamma wrote:
Have you logged in to find your beloved Death Scarab now thinks it is a Grim Scarab? Or that Jade Oni suddenly things it is a Forest Oni?

No worries, young Wizards, we're aware of this small issue and we are working to correct it as soon as possible.

I just spent weeks, WEEKS farming to get enough gold to cross my satyr with my orthrus, so I could get jade hound, When I finally brought both of my pets together, (and loosing all of my energy), I got a another satyr!!!??!!!

Seriously, are you kidding me? I did not spend all those hours to get another satyr, if I wanted another satyr, (which I dont know who would) I would had mixed with another satyr. I now know w101 is not expect me to farm for another 100000 gold to try this mix again! This seems to be immoral what w101 is doing to us. This is a time and money drain, and I feel like we are al being taken advantage of.

There should not be any luck chances or possibilities, when you are paying that much gold to hatch! Someone might think that this does not equal to real money lost, but it clearly does. I consider this hatching to be a a major problem to many wizards, and confusing to most.

Why make an expansion to be so difficult, and yet cruel? I really expect to get a response back by someone in W101 soon! What kind of game is this turning out to be?

Survivor
May 11, 2009
Rykue wrote:
Gamma wrote:

I just spent weeks, WEEKS farming to get enough gold to cross my satyr with my orthrus, so I could get jade hound, When I finally brought both of my pets together, (and loosing all of my energy), I got a another satyr!!!??!!!

Seriously, are you kidding me? I did not spend all those hours to get another satyr, if I wanted another satyr, (which I dont know who would) I would had mixed with another satyr. I now know w101 is not expect me to farm for another 100000 gold to try this mix again! This seems to be immoral what w101 is doing to us. This is a time and money drain, and I feel like we are al being taken advantage of.

There should not be any luck chances or possibilities, when you are paying that much gold to hatch! Someone might think that this does not equal to real money lost, but it clearly does. I consider this hatching to be a a major problem to many wizards, and confusing to most.

Why make an expansion to be so difficult, and yet cruel? I really expect to get a response back by someone in W101 soon! What kind of game is this turning out to be?

you are not alone. this happened to my wife and friend. they spent 95000 gold for 2 identical pets with less stats than the pets they got from boss drops. this really sucks. its not like we can just go make another 95000 in a day.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
poppychilders wrote:
Rykue wrote:
Gamma wrote:

you are not alone. this happened to my wife and friend. they spent 95000 gold for 2 identical pets with less stats than the pets they got from boss drops. this really sucks. its not like we can just go make another 95000 in a day.

ikr! i have gotten the gold ready! but i am not sure if i should cross my wraith with my snow serpent. they dont tell you what might happen. i dont want to waste it on the unsuccsusful hatch. someone in w101! write back so we know what is going on!

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
thraill wrote:
poppychilders wrote:
Rykue wrote:
Gamma wrote:

ikr! i have gotten the gold ready! but i am not sure if i should cross my wraith with my snow serpent. they dont tell you what might happen. i dont want to waste it on the unsuccsusful hatch. someone in w101! write back so we know what is going on!
what does this have to do with a pet suddenly thinking its another pet? don't mean to be rude, but really......

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
To everybody who is worried about hatching results: it has already been mentioned that you will only get a baby of the same species as one of the parents although the baby can have any combination of skills from the original two parents. Example: a krokomummy and a piggle will produce either a krokomummy or a piggle with a mixture of possible traits from both parents which means that the baby can have certain traits from the krokomummy and certain traits from the piggle.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
profrunk wrote:
To everybody who is worried about hatching results: it has already been mentioned that you will only get a baby of the same species as one of the parents although the baby can have any combination of skills from the original two parents. Example: a krokomummy and a piggle will produce either a krokomummy or a piggle with a mixture of possible traits from both parents which means that the baby can have certain traits from the krokomummy and certain traits from the piggle.

Not true at all! All 48 pets or "limited edition" pets can create hybrids, my friend for example has an Inferno Hound, it looks like Orthrus pet with HeckHound fur, a mixture of Helephant and Orthrus.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
kr2001 wrote:
i mixed a cyclops and a crisonzilla for 60,000 gold and i got a cyclops

only school pets and event/contest pets (danger hound, storm beetle etic:) mix to make hybrids.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I just spent a lot of gold mixing with Myth dog, My stormzilla and the Myth dog, what did I get? Another stormzilla, I should have known the game hosts could not get it right. This will be end of pet Pavillion for me and your game expansion went out window with me. I spent all my gold to have another stormzilla, of which I already have, Game needs to explain to me how I came out ahead by breeding. I would like my gold back and you can have the pet back. But seeing this wont happen, then it is end of pets for me I stick with what i have sell the rest. No more treat buying and no more leveling, it is over.
I thought this might be a good thing to make your own pet by crossing, But it is not working. Dont believe me, come by and see my new high priced stormzilla, I now have two to show you.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
thraill wrote:
poppychilders wrote:
Rykue wrote:
Gamma wrote:

i know! i mixed my jade oni with a diseased wildclaw, and i got another jade oni!!! :( i spent about 90000 gold. i srsly think w101 should fix this and make more pet mixes.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2010
avisrox911 wrote:
thraill wrote:
poppychilders wrote:
Rykue wrote:
Gamma wrote:

i know! i mixed my jade oni with a diseased wildclaw, and i got another jade oni!!! :( i spent about 90000 gold. i srsly think w101 should fix this and make more pet mixes.
my friend has a flame wraith and so does my bro cause they hatched together a helephant with a wraith. it was so kewl

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
avisrox911 wrote:
thraill wrote:
poppychilders wrote:
Rykue wrote:
Gamma wrote:

I had a similiar instance hatching a satyr with wraith only to get a low lvl wraith and my friend with a lower lvl satyr, cost 90,000 gold. In response wizard 101 stated the pets have different attributes and talents. But all this taken into consideration I feel cheated.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
With regards to the identity crisis - I just bought what I thought was a Balance Jade Oni only to find out that it thinks it's a myth pet giving me myth abilities which I do not need. I spent quite a few crowns on this. A fix would be nice.

I won't profess to know how to do any of the background stuff in making a game like this, but this one seems pretty straightforward.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
:(I mixed a Treant I farmed with a Satyr and i recieved another Satyr .Both my Satyr and Treant are Epic needless to say i spent crowns on mega snacks to get them to that level on more than a few occasions .Why would i want a weaker Satyr? I think it would have been better to have another Treant.So today I took a look at my Treants one card and I find his hit power had decreased from a 300 max hit to a 235 max hit.I have four GM's and my Wife has two GM's and my kids have GM's .We are not to Happy no crowns for wizard 101 this month.

P.S. We purchased crowns this month of July So August it is.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
Rykue wrote:
Gamma wrote:

aprilthunder
1st, I love wizard101! It's My fave game! I spend all my computer time on it. So, I really don't think we should be ripping on it. But I have to agree, This is REDICULOUS!!!
what is up? It's awful to have to pay so much money!! I was in the harchery, doodley doodely do, and for one, it was SOOO expensive. Plus, when peoplz see you have a cool pet, they are like, Let's hatch a pet!! What's the deal??

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
OK so um i had defender pig which i bought at RITE AID and when the first pet update was made it turned black with green eyes i herd it looks like death ninja pig that is dropped in mooshu NOW that the new update was a made a couple days ago its back to the normal lame looking defender pig
so whats the deal will i get my death ninja pig back?

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
jagoff999 wrote:
With regards to the identity crisis - I just bought what I thought was a Balance Jade Oni only to find out that it thinks it's a myth pet giving me myth abilities which I do not need. I spent quite a few crowns on this. A fix would be nice.

I won't profess to know how to do any of the background stuff in making a game like this, but this one seems pretty straightforward.

What is it with the myth being forced onto other schools? I have the same issue with an Earth Walker. Zeke said he was going to look into it, but so far no response. I have a sinking feeling they are going to say, "So sorry, but that is how it is."
I kind of wish I knew that before shelling out REAL MONEY on a pet that has a limited value to the school I purchased it for.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
Sorry for being off topic, but what are the hybrids for danger hound? ive never seen it before.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
NuclearWar wrote:
Sorry for being off topic, but what are the hybrids for danger hound? ive never seen it before.

Danger Hound is not a hybrid.