Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question for Gama of Major importance

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Am i just missing something or is this as bad as it seems? Not the new minigames, not the pets growing up idea, not even the (incredibly overpriced) pet hatching. No the problem is with the whole concept of pet energy. I mean really? Even as a grandmaster you only have about 40 energy and each minigame costs 5 or 6 then at the most i can play 5 games before I run out. Then comes the real problem, it takes 50 to 60 minutes to regain enough energy for 1 game!. You only get 1 energy every 10 minutes!

This really needs to change, how about 1 energy ever 30 seconds? that would work. At least let us buy the full energy restore for gold!

I'm sorry but if something doesn't change then all the work done on this update will barely be used because it takes so long to regenerate energy.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
You need to realize that they do not mean for your to take your pet from egg to epic in a day (or even a week). Just as your wizard slowly progesses from Rank 1 to Grandmaster, so too does your pet.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:
Am i just missing something or is this as bad as it seems? Not the new minigames, not the pets growing up idea, not even the (incredibly overpriced) pet hatching. No the problem is with the whole concept of pet energy. I mean really? Even as a grandmaster you only have about 40 energy and each minigame costs 5 or 6 then at the most i can play 5 games before I run out. Then comes the real problem, it takes 50 to 60 minutes to regain enough energy for 1 game!. You only get 1 energy every 10 minutes!

This really needs to change, how about 1 energy ever 30 seconds? that would work. At least let us buy the full energy restore for gold!

I'm sorry but if something doesn't change then all the work done on this update will barely be used because it takes so long to regenerate energy.

So if you can play 7-8 minigames per day, then adventure the rest of the time, where is the problem. If you want to be obsessive about doing just one thing I would guess that yes, you should be adventuring over the new pets. If you can do two things in a day, you can do pets, then adventure, then recharge overnight, then come back the next day and repeat, etc.

Again, where is the problem???

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Well I'm on the fence about it I guess i'm going to see just how much money i have to spend to catch up my pet. I get it though. You have to look at it as such:

To play is free now, and to make your pet better is free as well. If you cannot take your time and build slowly it will cost extra. Really if you are crafting good snacks and doing derby at the same pace it evens out. You should feed your pet each and every time you play a game or your missing out on how to control what your leveling. And if you are in a hurry the more points on the snack the less energy your spending between levels.

Save money buy troll treasures = good advice XD

Explorer
Aug 29, 2009
My grandmasters have 48 pet energy. I use one of my pets on all of my wizards so I end up having to put it in shared bank and let another wizard take him out. That saps up all the energy but the reason why I share that pet is because it is my questing pet. Therefore, I do not even miss the pet energy. I'll choose time to level him up for hatching one day but for now, I'm happy just questing with him.

Patience is a virtue, but if you do not have the patience, buy crowns.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2010
i bought a crowns pet at target and it is my only adult. i have ONE teen and the rest are babies. since my only adult is rare [btw for $20 an ice cat that gives 50 mana and ice beetle is not worth it xD ] it costs a lot of gold to hatch it. instead of saving it up, im trying to level up my only teen, but its taking forever. i just want it to be adult to hatch. each game costs around 4 energy[i think], and i have 48. thats 12 games. plus im not perfect so maybe 36 xp. plus snack it take 125 or however much to level up. :( LEVELING UP SHOULD BE FASTER! so then add in questing. it takes forever for just one level. and then some pets give cards at epic, starting at babies, its just too much. there should be clothes that give energy, and a higher base. or AT LEAST let us play the minigames without taking energy or giving stats. it'll provide practice so when we do it for real, we'll get all 4 possible xp. Do SOMETHING!

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I agree with you, 100%. Actually, you haven't even run into the most frustrating thing about maturing your pet. By the Ancient level, any pet you have will have maxed it's stats. Then the real fun begins. You see, once your stats have maxed, your XP is cut.

Let's suppose that you played the Drop game. At that point, you will only get a single point of experience for each game played (at a cost of 8 energy per game). Another point can be gained by feeding it a snack.

So, it seems that Preacher (and many other people) have a misconception about the pets. His claim is that pets aren't meant to be leveled to Epic in a week or two. Ok, let's do the math. At 10 minutes per point of energy, you need 80 minutes to regain enough energy to play again. At 2 points of XP gained per game, that's 500 games you will need to play. That's 40,000 minutes of "recharge" time to get your pet from Ancient to Epic.

666 hours (coincidence?).

27 days.

27 days, if you NEVER allow your energy to completely max. In other words, if your pet energy maxes out during this time, you won't be gaining any. The timer effectively stops.

So, let's make this a bit more realistic. Let's say you woke up in the morning and immediately emptied your pet's energy by playing games. Then, before you went to bed, you did it again.

Well, my pet has 48 energy, which is enough for 6 games at Ancient.

If I use it twice a day, that's 12 games, or 24 XP for my pet per day.

41 days to mature him from Ancient to Epic.

Ridiculous.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
No, it is actually more than 41, as the game has to be perfect and the food has to be loved. So, unless you are perfect, and you don't get a perfect game score, you'll take longer by each miss.

Again, this is a major discussion issue on the boards here and on fan sites, and is something that needs to be fixed...but, for the most part, if you want an adult pet, you can get one easily enough. Beyond that....well...certain infernal worlds do freeze, don't they???

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009

and just how long did it take you to go from lvl 1 to grandmaster?
do the math on that.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
rdfrdrgn wrote:

do the math on that.

Many of us have done it in less than 41 days. I usually expect to reach level 25 by day 4-5 of play, two weeks through MS...and a week or so in DS. Usually I stall in DS as I start another, but....

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
lol took me a month and a half to get to level 46 so, I really think some people have points on this thread. I mean, pets aren't the easiest thing to control in time, but it will take allot of time to do it. So I get the point if your a grandmaster. If your bored, and you want your pet to be an epic then why does it have to be so hard? I_I But if you compare it to leveling your character, then its exactly the same. Or if you have allot of crowns, then it will be way easier to level. :)

Survivor
May 12, 2009
rdfrdrgn wrote:

do the math on that.

took me 2 weeks.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
rdfrdrgn wrote:

do the math on that.

24 days

Defender
May 31, 2009
I must admit that once I hit ancient and figured out what was involved to get to EPIC, I was somewhat put off. That is A LOT of games to play!

However, I'm not a fan of a lot of the solutions folks have proposed to speed things up. I, for one, LIKE the idea that an EPIC pet is something that takes effort - even a LOT of effort. Geez - it's called EPIC, and which to means something that very few will every have.

Ergo, all I don't think that KI should do anything to make it easier to get your pet. Making it something that everyone and anyone can do diminishes the exclusivity of having an EPIC pet. However, that said, I am NOT a fan of the minigames. As someone said here, the braintrust made a Fubar and the notion that playing mini games over, and over, and OVER, was in some way enjoyable could not be further from the truth. To me it seems like a huge non sequitur - people play the game to take wizards on an adventure and to fight evil, then they must also like playing games that have nothing to do with adventure or fighting. A serious disconnect for me.

However, unless a complete overhaul of the mini-game / pet thing happens, which I can't imagine it will - I think it's time some just accept that there's absolutely nothing wrong with an Adult or Ancient pet.

I don't mean folks shouldn't share ideas they have with KI - I, for one, think it makes more sense to level you're pet up by having them participate in some way in quests - but don't give up on the game just because you're not a fan of the minigames. The variability that pets bring to the game, and the huge advantage they give to all players, are a welcome addition to what has always been a fun experience for me. Yay pets!

mlb

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
And I am sick, tired and done with the silly games to level up pets. I can only admire someone who has the fortitude to put up with the silly games long enough to make it past teen with a pet. My pets will remain useless.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
I get the whole thing where the energy takes so long to get. I can reason with that. Fifteen minutes i can get. (although i think it should be about three or four at a time) but i do think that there should be missions that increase pet xp or something. these games tend to take a while and you only get four at a time.(max)