Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new sub-class: Alchemy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Originally, many wanted this to be another type of school in wizard101, but it would make no sense. So I decided and told my mother and grandmother "Why not make this like Crafting?". Think about it, it would give your potion bottles more uses than just for health and mana restoration.
You could make Statistics boosters and Tranformation elixers without having to buy them with crowns, and it could double as a cool, fun minigame inside of your house, it can also serve as a furniture in your house as well.
This could serve as something new and special in the Wizard101 world, Come! Let's work as one to bring this idea to life!

Justin DragonBlood, Lvl50Thaumaturge
Hunter StormWraith, Lvl18Pyromancer 8)

Defender
May 29, 2009
Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
I really like this idea.

They could crate alchemy reagents like "cat thug hair" or maybe "terrorwing draconian scale" and you could gather some normal reagents too and when you fuse them it could make a transformation elixir that could turn you into a terrorwing draconian or a cat thug.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
Ramza1114 wrote:
Originally, many wanted this to be another type of school in wizard101, but it would make no sense. So I decided and told my mother and grandmother "Why not make this like Crafting?". Think about it, it would give your potion bottles more uses than just for health and mana restoration.
You could make Statistics boosters and Tranformation elixers without having to buy them with crowns, and it could double as a cool, fun minigame inside of your house, it can also serve as a furniture in your house as well.
This could serve as something new and special in the Wizard101 world, Come! Let's work as one to bring this idea to life!

Justin DragonBlood, Lvl50Thaumaturge
Hunter StormWraith, Lvl18Pyromancer 8)

Good idea! Did you hear that they/re making two or three new sub-classes that are coming out near the end of summer?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
YES! This idea is great. I have a bunch of ideas ... here are some:

To make potions etc. you must have a Basic Cauldron. The Basic Cauldron cannot be bought or sold anywhere, only made by reagents. The witch on Firecat Alley will give you this advise. When you have reached level 5, talk to her. She will tell you to speak with your crafting teacher. When you have done that, Euroda Tangletree will have a quest for you to buy the recipe to make the cauldron. Then, use the reagents in your crafting station. (Must have gotten the badge novice crafter.) Talk to the witch on Firecat Alley and accept the quest to make your first potion. Judging on your school, you will always get a different quest here.

Ice: Frostwood Elixer (+2% Ice damage Ice Only 1 Hour)

Storm: Windward Potion (-2% Storm damage Storm Only 1 Hour)

Fire: Burning Beverage (+1% Fire Precision Fire Only 2 Hours)

Balance: Equalizer (+1% Everything Balance Only 30 Minutes)

Life: Lucky Liquid (+2% Health Income Life Only 1 Hour)

Myth: Forsightful Potion (+1% Minion Damage All Myth Only 1 Hour)

Death: Vile Poison (+2% Death Damage Death Only 1 Hour)

Level 10 Potions

Ice: Icy Liquid (+3% Shields)

Storm: Stormtossed Seawater (+3% Damage)

Fire: Magmar Concoction (+3% Precision)

Balance: Sandwater (+2% All)

Life: Holy Water (+3% Life Income)

Myth: Drink of the Unknown: Does a random effect.

Death: Reaper's Reward: Steals 25% of Enemy's Health. No PvP.

Level 15 Potions:

Ice/Storm: Winterwater Liquid Does random effects

Fire/Balance: Summerheated Balancer Random Effects

Life/Myth/Death: Spiritual Necrodream Remedy: Random Effects

Level 20-50 Are not yet made

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
mman17 wrote:
Storm: Windward Potion (-2% Storm damage Storm Only 1 Hour)

That is just a straight out insult to all diviners.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Your ideas and comments/complaints are good, many ideas for potions and such, I am thinking of adding actual alchemic items that are used, like a Mortar and Pestle, Alembic, Calcinator, and Retort (these are alchemic enhancers, they will up the effects of your potions) Just an idea I got playing another game of mine. Still, these items as mentioned earlier, will increase the potion's effects to higher levels, but as an idea by another player, can only be made through Crafting. I personally like his/her idea, and i think we should give certain levels of the cauldrons and enhancers. Thier level shown by the rank: Novice, Apprentice, Journeyman, Adept, and Master(the ranks of crafting, same ranks for both, it will save Kings Isle time if they make the idea, but it will be tougher than crafting in some spots.) I will understand if you dont like this, but it's better to share this idea than just leave it in my mind, am I right?

P.S. from now on, I'm only going to leave my Fire wizard's name as my signature, never on my Ice much anymore anyways...

Hunter StormWraith; lvl 18 Pyromancer 8)

Hero
May 19, 2009
Speaking of alchemy, i got a question for the admins. The theme in ds sounds just like one of the soundtracks off of full metal alchemest brotherhood, any relation?

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
youwerealmostajillsandw... wrote:
I really like this idea.

They could crate alchemy reagents like "cat thug hair" or maybe "terrorwing draconian scale" and you could gather some normal reagents too and when you fuse them it could make a transformation elixir that could turn you into a terrorwing draconian or a cat thug.
I think you mean "cat thug FUR", you could call it hair, yes, but it always has the official word fur.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
Delver
Jun 21, 2009
I don't think this makes sence, because alchemy is magic. Your bacicaly doubling balance. Unless, they combine alchemy with the teamate idea and make alchemy-balance-life school.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
MercMissionary wrote:
I don't think this makes sence, because alchemy is magic. Your bacicaly doubling balance. Unless, they combine alchemy with the teamate idea and make alchemy-balance-life school.
You are kinda off on the idea of thinking.
Alchemy is meant to be another, but somewhat more difficult version of Crafting, not another school of magic. I may have had something in the idea message that trailed off to this message of yours, but I assure you, as said before, Alchemy is just another, little more difficult version of Crafting.