Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do U play wizard101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
Hey peoples! I was thinkin bout this the other day, I thought 2 myself 'why do I play wizard101?' and the reason why was: 1 it's hard 4 me 2 make friends 2 this is where I can escape real life 3 u can meet some really nice people 4 it helps me take my mind off things 5 people r really mean to me and when I go on wizard101 I feel like all my friends are waiting 4 me and my bad days turn good ;] aaaaand 6 my style is emo, just the style, and thats y people make fun of me, but its worth it, i'd rather be myself and be made fun of, then be like everyone else and be friends with the mean girls and just be another clone, i found this quote in a book: "you may make some enemies, but you will ... also find supporters"

how bout u? What r/is ur reason(s) u play wizard101

-Olivia GriffinDust lvl 50 ice, Diana NightWhisper, AND Megan NightWhisper both lvl 1 (first, second, and third account star people)

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
Hahahah yeah it is a REALLY good way ot relieve stress and I think its really cool thinking that you have actuall powers :-o :D

Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
my reason is beacuase i have a rare decise and i go here to escape pain and real life. it lets me escape real life. i also like wizarding games and i cant find any good ones online then i found this and my life exploded. so yes i use this game to escape the frustrations of real life (p.s. if i miss any fs my key has been not working)

valdus rostrunner lvl 32 thuamatugre

wizarding comes with responsiblity is my motto

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I find it is a good place to go and kill an hour or three...and it is so stress free coming from the real world :)

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
livee wrote:

Hello Livee,

Good post. Good question. I hope that your inquiry sparks some really good discussion. My answer is actually complex, but I'll try to keep it brief.

The reason I STARTED playing Wizard101 is because I am a divorced adult and my son got me into the game so that he and I can spend time together while he is at his mother's house during the week.

Like masters (voldus rostrunner), I too have a rare disease which is currently affecting the muscles in the lower part of my body, making it very difficult to walk. So, I don't get out much.

Fortunately, my fingers and hands are still working fairly well, and I can operate a computer well enough to enjoy this game.

Wizard101 gives me a virtual world, where I can run, jump, play, and relate with other people. It gives me social interaction that I crave in my life, when I don't have much of an opportunity for that in real life.

It is a virtual world that allows me to break free from a lot of the issues that I deal with in real life.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 33 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Initiate Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Pyromancer)

Survivor
May 15, 2010
Defender
Aug 15, 2009
I was only going to play for about an hour to check it out, and for some reason I am still going at a couple months away from a year, bought the subscription and quite a few crowns, changed my religion to moodhism, and looking forward to beating up more critters with cool people.

Community Leader
Greetings livee ,

When I started playing wizard101 it was because I saw the commercial while the kids watched TV. I said to them doesn't that look fun? of course they all said yeah. Went to the room, yes they followed ;) and down loaded wizard101. We all were amazed at the graphics after all we had been playing another game together , but wont say it here.from then all history.

We play wizard101 to have family time and because of the hours of entertainment it gives. Did you know wizard101 is a good teaching tool too?
how about economics ;) and how to take care of money.

I simply enjoy wizard101 so much.

Your Friend,
Paige MoonShade

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
LOL, good question!

My nephew showed me this game last Christmas. I thought it would be fun to play with my sons. Six months later, the kids don't play anymore (the quests were too structured for them) but I have 6 wizards, all in different schools and all over the spiral!

I love the graphics and the way the game is structured. I enjoy figuring out the best way to use the different spells of each of the schools. I have fun with the houses and collecting stuff to decorate them. I don't craft much but sure I will get around to it!

Although I mostly solo the game, I do enjoy playing with others and teaching them tricks they don't know. Also enjoy learning tricks from others!

All in all a great way to chill after work or to spend a couple hours relaxing on the weekend. Thanks KI!

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
livee wrote:
Hey peoples! I was thinkin bout this the other day, I thought 2 myself 'why do I play wizard101?' and the reason why was: 1 it's hard 4 me 2 make friends 2 this is where I can escape real life 3 u can meet some really nice people 4 it helps me take my mind off things and 5 people r really mean to me and when I go on wizard101 I feel like all my friends are waiting 4 me and my bad days turn good ;]

-Olivia GriffinDust lvl 50 ice, Diana NightWhisper, AND Megan NightWhisper both lvl 1 (first, second, and third account star people)

First, I am sorry people are mean to you outside the game. No one should bully another person.

I play wizard101 because I have a reasonable amount of free time and have nothing else to do with it. It also lets you get away from stress and bad days, just like other people have said. It gets your mind off of things.

Defender
May 29, 2009
Here is why:

Malistaire(For the millionth time):So you have your magic spells, Blah blah blah, but, do, you, have, what, it, takes, to, defeat, me?
Me: *yawn* I is bored. *Goes downstairs* *Goes onto W101.com* *Gets it downloaded* *Sees the blurb* *logs in* *Creates wizard*

Result:

Caroline DawnRunner, lvl 1 Novice Conjurer, No Title, Private

I play it because it is ADDICTING!

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
I played to hang out with my daughter, and we had three accounts since occasionally my wife played too. We eventually (after four or five months) got bored and unsubscribed.

My daughter eventually was ready to play again, so I re-upped. I think I'll be gone soon. The game was fun to learn but doesn't vary enough to hold my interest, and I find myself annoyed by people zooming around on mounts and annoyed by the recent improvements to pets. I don't want to feel I need to mess with a pet to be effective.

Whether she'll stay if she has to pay $10 a month (a big hunk of the monthly allowance but do-able) remains to be seen.

I do think Wizard 101 has the core of a great game. Heck, maybe it's still great and I'm just burnt out. I am annoyed by the attempt to extract more than the monthly subscription fee, though. Makes me want to play something else.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
livee wrote:
Hey peoples! I was thinkin bout this the other day, I thought 2 myself 'why do I play wizard101?' and the reason why was: 1 it's hard 4 me 2 make friends 2 this is where I can escape real life 3 u can meet some really nice people 4 it helps me take my mind off things and 5 people r really mean to me and when I go on wizard101 I feel like all my friends are waiting 4 me and my bad days turn good ;]

hey it's livee again! Ty 4 all ur wonderful comments!!!! And callin me livee and not Olivia :D lolz (olivia was the name I was born wit but I change my name every year or so, not it's been a while since I started playing w101 (starte playing a week after it was created) and my name is now: starlight (2 make it schort u can type *lite if u want)) I got bored cuz: island of the blue dolphia is such a boring book(homework) and wanted to c if this was posted! An it was!!!!!! I've been getting all my friends to play even my (fake) twins (we look like each other) plz tell all ur friends to answer this!!!! Ty I will write another Ty note when I get more comments!!!

-Olivia Griffindust lvl 50 ice and Lauren Griffindust lvl 1 ( looks like a grand)

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
Well, I was playing another online game called Toontown (yeah yeah make fun ) My dad, brother, and I saw the Wizard 101 commercial multiple times. Finally I decided that maybe I should give it a try. So after a couple of glitches and junk....

KAITLYN ICERIVER WAS BORN!

So now I'm addicted. My dad got started on it but he never got hooked. My brother didn't really get into it either. So I'm the only wizard the family.

Oh btw I enventually quit Toontown. It was too boring so dad canceled the account.

Kaitlyn IceRiver Adept Thaumaturge
Lucas LifeGiver Magus Theurgist
Angel Talon Initiate Necromancer
Shelby Moon Novice Necromancer :(

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
I have one reason which pretty much sums up everything: This game is awesome. In every aspect this game is completely awesome. Even if there are some things that need to be fixed, or improved, or added; KI will work to make it happen. And if they don't make it happen, then there's always a perfectly good reason for it. Like the enchanted treasure cards issue, they took away the trading for a reason. Just my two cents.

Victoria Spiritblossom, lvl 39 theurgist

Survivor
May 24, 2009
livee wrote:

Hello livee,
I mostly have the same reasons as you which doesn't make it hard to relate. the only thing that isn't the same reason is that people are mean to you :( people sometimes make fun of me for my height so i can realate to it but anyway i am sorry you get bullied and yes this game keeps my mind of the bad things!

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
first of all, i started playing cause my friend was convincing me and telling me about it. about a week later, i tried it and it was good and then my sister peeked over and decided to play it also.

i play it cause its a fun game and plus, you meet new people and become friends (watch out for predators) and i play it on my computer time and i wasnt that addicted to it, i still do real life activities like riding my bike and all.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Well I orginally started because my daughter wanted to play and I wanted to make sure it a safe enviroment. Than I discovered that it had a lot of benefits.

1. The most important reason was this was a way I could spend time with her and enjoy something she liked.

2. I am a disabled veteran and the pain can be intolerable. I don't like taking the medication because of the side effects and this game gives me away to escape the pain.

3. It has been a great way for me to lose weight. Before my last surgery, I lost 5 lbs. My nutritionist is now refering her other patients to this game because of my weight loss. I know it isn't a lot, but when you have a lot of physical restrictions anything that helps is great.

4. It is a great stress reliever. I feel so less frustrated from all the problems in my life after playing. I now have my sister addicted and looking for more victims.

So these are my reasons.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
Delver
Feb 23, 2009
nerual48 wrote:
LilDog067 wrote:
Cause it's fun :).

That's a real good reason.

And it's because it is.

My reasons;

1. To get things off my find.

2. To fulfill my dreams, as I had always wished to live in a fantasy/magic world.

3. I enjoy playing it because of..just everything! The beautiful landscapes from MooShu was what really had me into the game. I almost cried when I left MooShu to go to Dragonspyre.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth MistLeaf (Level 42 Master Thaumaturge)

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
fancymay wrote:
nerual48 wrote:
LilDog067 wrote:
Cause it's fun :).

That's a real good reason.

And it's because it is.

My reasons;

1. To get things off my find.

2. To fulfill my dreams, as I had always wished to live in a fantasy/magic world.

3. I enjoy playing it because of..just everything! The beautiful landscapes from MooShu was what really had me into the game. I almost cried when I left MooShu to go to Dragonspyre.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth MistLeaf (Level 42 Master Thaumaturge)

Why? Because My teenage son got me addicted too it!! LOL. Darn him LOL

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
I play Wizard 101? Well I stumbled across it a little bit ago. I usually play those Hardcore MMORPG's World of Warcraft, Aion, Age of Conan, Perfect World International, Shaiya, and Runes of Magic to name a few.

I played each one of these games with a combine total of 10 to 15 years at best, my last being Runes of Magic. Well, most of these games are a free download, with an Item Mall.

Obviously WoW, Aion, and AoC are subs to play. . Pay to play if you will. Well a number of times I was buying Diamond Cards for RoM's Item mall, and most of the times I couldn't find RoM cards, They where either sold out, or some stores never carried them. But every Store I checked looking for a Diamond card for RoM? Every store had a number of Wizard 101 cards.

One day I said to my self. " Self, you are going nuts looking for these Diamond Cards, and driving all over gods creation just to find them. just try this Wizard 101 game and see what it is all about." So I did and here I am

Wizard 101 IMO still needs a lot of bugs fixed on it. Number 1 being Fizzle rate on all schools, 2 Resistance of same school spells on all school spell cards used on the player.

I am not crazy about the Graphics, I like more realistic looking graphics WoW's graphics is bad to. but all in all it is a good game to pass time.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
:) :D :( :-) :-o 8) :x :P :? i play it cuz it's FUN!

-Tanner Deathcaster lvl 34 Necromancer

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
ya me to i get made so i just play wizard101 i love the game i am now level 21 almost 22 yay :) :-) :D and i have my own alone time with my friends there and i to have mean friends so i have always met new and awesome and nice friends!!!!! i love this game and i hope you want to be freinds :D :D :D :D :D :D