Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frustrations abound....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
I am wondering if any one else is frustrated with these problems.
1) I am a level 45 paying member, and for some reason I can't talk to Merele Ambrose to get into the new pet pavillion. I have tried everything and never get the conversation prompt. I find this extremely lame, what exactly am I paying for if I am unable to participate in the new features?
2) Not being able to move on or complete quests because what you need is so incredibly difficult to access. (scrap iron for crafting quest, and grizzleheim yardbird quest.) I have had both these quests for a long time and am really put-out by how difficult it is to complete them.
3) Getting hung up on the environment and caught up into battles I don't need to fight when moving through an area. ( I often quit playing due to this.)
I no longer feel that 60$ was a good deal and regret buying a memebership, as an adult parent player, I can't imagine how the kiddos must feel!

Administrator
tiffery wrote:
1) I am a level 45 paying member, and for some reason I can't talk to Merele Ambrose to get into the new pet pavillion. I have tried everything and never get the conversation prompt. I find this extremely lame, what exactly am I paying for if I am unable to participate in the new features?
This feature is not in the LIVE GAME. This is only available on the TEST REALM, if you are not logged into that completely separate version of the game, you cannot participate in this feature. For information on how to participate in the Test Realm go to https://www.wizard101.com/game/testrealm

tiffery wrote:
2) Not being able to move on or complete quests because what you need is so incredibly difficult to access. (scrap iron for crafting quest, and grizzleheim yardbird quest.) I have had both these quests for a long time and am really put-out by how difficult it is to complete them.

Scrap iron can be purchased in the Bazaar, transmuted from other reagents and there are many guides on the fansites as to the best locations for this item. The yardbirds are an exploration quest, the more you explore the areas of the Spiral, the better chance you have at finding these hidden items. This quest is not a prerequisite to any other quests, so you are not being blocked from advancing.

tiffery wrote:
3) Getting hung up on the environment and caught up into battles I don't need to fight when moving through an area. ( I often quit playing due to this.)

Players with slower internet connections will find a greater difference between where their computer shows the character to be located, and where the game servers show the character to be located. If you are encountering this issue on a regular basis, make sure you have a strong internet connection. If you feel your internet connection is up to par, contact our support team with a copy of your dxdiag and they can help diagnose the issue you are having. We have techn support for a reason, and we encourage people to use it. Just send an email with your dxdiag to support@wizard101.com

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your support email.

tiffery wrote:

I no longer feel that 60$ was a good deal and regret buying a memebership, as an adult parent player, I can't imagine how the kiddos must feel!

I'm sorry you feel that way, but the issues you are having are technical issues as stated above or the intended gameplay mechanics, in the case of the Yardbirds. This is an MMO, if you need help in the game, ask for it, you will find other players will gladly help you with your tasks.

community@wizard101.com
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
tiffery wrote:

No, this isn't frustrating....it is on the test realm only currently. My guess is that you didn't fully read about this in the news or message boards.
tiffery wrote:

Wow, this really floored me. With as much dialog as there is on this board on how to gather scrap iron...they list places, times, and methods to get it all in under an hour of searching. Use the search button and look for 'Scrap Iron' and you'll find out the easy way to get it...if you are truely willing to put in the effort.

As for the yardbirds. Go over to Wizard 101 Central (a fan site) and look for the info there. They have wonderful 'cheats' for when you get fustrated.
tiffery wrote:

Either a slow connection (not KI's fault) or you are not watching the patterns of movements and thinking through the best way through the mobs. I have a medium connection speed and I now only get caught when I get lazy.
tiffery wrote:

As an adult, spending approzimately an hour or two pay for a year of entertainment is a great deal. $60 is less than a night out for an adult (dinner and show), or even an adult's impulse purchase, etc.

And most of the kids realize where these problems really originate and seek to improve themselves.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
tiffery wrote:

Wow, this really floored me. With as much dialog as there is on this board on how to gather scrap iron...they list places, times, and methods to get it all in under an hour of searching. Use the search button and look for 'Scrap Iron' and you'll find out the easy way to get it...if you are truely willing to put in the effort.

Sorry, but the Search function on this message board is woefully inadequate. She is better off looking in the forums at wizard101central.