Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

bad day for healers

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
i am not sure if any one knows this but there are some new spells in the test realm and i find one i am not to happy about as a healer my self i was upset about the new infection spell after time i gain to like and use it on other healers as for this new life spell (i am sure all schools will get it) is none other then a life spell dis spell know as entangle (not sure of spelling) as you know what a dis spell is if makes your life spell fiz and you lose the pips that where going to be used now this spell will change the way pvp is played for one if say one healer is to go seond the other tam can uses the spell on the healer and make sure he cant heal know i am sure some will say you an just uses a low pip or shileds spell and fiz on it but hear me out say i need to heal my team i dont have time to uses othr spells to heal or if i need to heal me team and i go second and some one uses it on me as i use rebirth that means i lose my pips no heal and they just might take otver the battle however like i said before about the Infection spell i was upset at first but if i wont be able to heal i am sure this will go for all healers

Hunter ashgem-life wizard-lvl50-badge(bookworm)

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
sagehyuuga wrote:
i am not sure if any one knows this but there are some new spells in the test realm and i find one i am not to happy about as a healer my self i was upset about the new infection spell after time i gain to like and use it on other healers as for this new life spell (i am sure all schools will get it) is none other then a life spell dis spell know as entangle (not sure of spelling) as you know what a dis spell is if makes your life spell fiz and you lose the pips that where going to be used now this spell will change the way pvp is played for one if say one healer is to go seond the other tam can uses the spell on the healer and make sure he cant heal know i am sure some will say you an just uses a low pip or shileds spell and fiz on it but hear me out say i need to heal my team i dont have time to uses othr spells to heal or if i need to heal me team and i go second and some one uses it on me as i use rebirth that means i lose my pips no heal and they just might take otver the battle however like i said before about the Infection spell i was upset at first but if i wont be able to heal i am sure this will go for all healers

Deal with it. Storm, Ice and Fire have had to since the beginning.

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
ya kno theres this amazing thing. its called periods. you should really try them. and yes, i agree with the above poster, elementals such as i have dealt with it from the start, its only rite that there shuld be one for all types.

Defender
May 31, 2009
77296, The Helpful wrote:

Wow. Thank you for more of the very helpful, very insightful commentary you excel at.

As noted by the somewhat pithy previous post, this shouldn't come as a huge surprise since these kind of spells have been around for some time. However, curiously enough, they have been limited to only a few schools, so by introducing these new spells it simply evens it out a bit.

You are absolutely right that these spells can be devastating if you go second. Imagine trying to uncork a Heck Hound, or Tempest, or any other x spell, only to have dispel thrown on you at the last second - say good bye to 14 pips! What is but a minor annoyance going first can be a real game changer going 2nd.

But if it's a bad day for healers, it's also a bad day for certain attackers as well since several other schools are also getting these dispels. But it's important to not lose sight of the fact that while it's just another spell to have to learn to overcome, Storm, Fire, and Ice folks have had to deal with this already and I daresay they have faired just fine.

Adjust your strategy a bit and so shall you.

mlb

Defender
May 31, 2009
Popman98 wrote:
ya kno theres this amazing thing. its called periods. you should really try them.

“People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones”

So he/she doesn't doesn't believe in the rules of punctuation - your spelling leaves just as much to be desired.

Painful as both posts are to read, you DID get the point and that should be what's important. Especially in a forum where folks of all ages post, please be a tad more tolerant of the myriad of writing styles and techniques. It's content and intent that counts and the OP got his/her point across - there's no reason to be hostile.

Ya kno?

Defender
May 08, 2009
Well, its actually a neutral day for life wizards.Though this is annoying, but,as posted above,elemental wizards have been dealing with this for a while.If anyone has checked, a few new pets in the test realm are equipped with rank 7 spells.One is a mutation of helephant, a rank 7 life spell...thats an attack!

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
Caspeen wrote:
Popman98 wrote:
ya kno theres this amazing thing. its called periods. you should really try them.

“People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones”

So he/she doesn't doesn't believe in the rules of punctuation - your spelling leaves just as much to be desired.

Painful as both posts are to read, you DID get the point and that should be what's important. Especially in a forum where folks of all ages post, please be a tad more tolerant of the myriad of writing styles and techniques. It's content and intent that counts and the OP got his/her point across - there's no reason to be hostile.

Ya kno?

i wasnt being hostile, i was merely suggesting. but yes i suppose that was a little rude.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
yes we elementals have been dealing with this, but guess what mr life guy? Life AND DEATH AND MYTH AND BALANCE now have to deal with it to so get over urself -3-

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
You're all missing the point the initial poster intended to make. A life dispel isn't on the same level as, let's say, a fire dispel. People will re-arrange their point distributions and allocations just to get their hands on a life dispel.

Dispelling a fire dragon is great, dispelling a rebirth when it's most needed is another thing entirely. These new dispels will throw everything into chaos, more so than the level 48 spells already did.

Luckily, i won't be sticking around to watch the crash and burn of this declining game.

Survivor
May 08, 2010
I know I bring my posts back to my WoW days alot... but it's where alot of my gaming background is from. If you look at ALL other MMORPGs in the gaming world... ALL classes have some way of making a healers life "heck" ... In WoW it's Mortal Strikes (Reduces the amount of healing done), Counterspell (Interrupts the casting heal) so on and so fourth. It's just going to be another strategic thing you're going to have to think about in the deck.

... It's not something KI is developing for the first time... Damage classes in other games have been making healers lives hard in other games forever...

... as an above poster mentioned, adjust your strategy and you'll be fine... remember YOU too will have access to these new abilities and YOU TOO will be able to use them.

Survivor
May 08, 2010
madv2c3 wrote:
You're all missing the point the initial poster intended to make. A life dispel isn't on the same level as, let's say, a fire dispel. People will re-arrange their point distributions and allocations just to get their hands on a life dispel.

Dispelling a fire dragon is great, dispelling a rebirth when it's most needed is another thing entirely. These new dispels will throw everything into chaos, more so than the level 48 spells already did.

Luckily, i won't be sticking around to watch the crash and burn of this declining game.

Clearly you haven't seen the awards this game has been raking in over the past few months... hmm...

... Not sorry to see you good this game will be better without ya <3 Enjoy your further gaming adventures.

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
I agree with the poster about this games DECLINE and yes I have a life wizard and she does pvp on teams this will pretty much take storm wizards out of pvp since they depend on a healer to keep them alive in a match.
can I ajust my deck sure, will this create chaos of course it will.
Thing is am I willing to pay for this kind of thing I don't think so but we shall see?
Fallon Grandmaster life- rank commander

Defender
May 31, 2009
OK, I stand corrected...

My first reaction to this was that other Dispels exist out there so this is just another one, but Madv2c3, I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that a LIFE dispel is NOT the same as any other. Not necessarily for the reasons that everyone else listed, however.

Is this unfair for LIFE wizards? Well, it certainly is gonna affect them plenty. My perspective is mostly from 1v1 since that's what I do mostly, and in this I think that it's not such a big deal. In team formats, however, I think this Dispel will indeed create problems for LIFE. Since the primary objective in pretty much every team format is to kill the LIFE first, I envision that the strategy of choice will now be to sink the LIFE wizard under a heap of dispels. In a 4v4 format, that might mean everyone casting a Dispel on the LIFE wizard, in effect taking that player out of commission for 4 rounds. Almost like stunning, but only on the LIFE Wizard.

However, I think there is a BIGGER impact to be felt by this. Imagine you are Myth, or Fire, or Balance - the only LIFE spell you pack in your deck is most likely healing spells, Satyr or Pixie or Sprite. Now, imagine that someone throws a LIFE dispel on you. Since most non-LIFE wizards don't carry zero pip LIFE spells, that pretty much dooms that wizard to casting a LIFE spell that is gonna result in the loss of pips. AH!

As a result I think we can pretty much guarantee two things - one, people will INDEED get this dispel and use them plenty, and two, there will be a run on LIFE wands/blades since this will be one of the few options available to non-LIFE wizards to bust this dispel without losing any pips.

Taking these into consideration, I now do agree that this dispel will affect game play more than any of the other dispels. I don't know whether this is necessarily unfair to anyone in particular since it affects LIFE wizards as well as all other schools, but regardless, I think it will have a dramatic impact pvp strategies.

As such, I do hope that KI reconsiders LIFE dispel. If not by getting rid of it entirely, I do think that it would only be fair to put it's accuracy down to, say, 40% or so.

As to the supposed DECLINE of this game - I couldn't disagree more. While some might not like what KI is doing, and some may even leave, I think they are doing what they can to improve this game and I appreciate the effort. If enough folks use these forums as they are intended - as places to post ideas and constructive feedback - I suspect that they may rethink some of the changes that so trouble some. Until then, give the game a chance.

mlb

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
madv2c3 wrote:

thank you for seeing eye to eye, this is the point i was trying to make. you all dont seem to know what kinda of spell it realy is unless you are a life your self. now yes others have to deal with it but a healer has to be albe to do its job, i am, not saying they should be over others but its the same reason in pvp that you always kill the healer first. and yes the spell is here to stay and i have grown to like it if i go first i use them like infection. however one thing i see now that up sets me is they did not bring the balance dispel from test to real so much for fairness.

all in all its from a healers point of veiw and this is the fourms where i am free to say and type what i wish (with or with out spell check)

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
madv2c3 wrote:

Actually, it is on the same level. The purpose of the fight is to defeat the other guy(s). The way to do that is to take their health down to zero. You're dispelling my attack is a way to protect your health. My using entangle is way to prevent you from regaining health loss from previous attacks.

In group fights, entangle actually means less, as every player has the ability to heal themselves already - it would be awfully hard to put entangle up on everyone. Put those heals back in your deck (and sideboard) and no longer rely on the life wizards to get you out of trouble.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
I see it as a great addition to the game. I come from playing a number of CCG's going back to Magic: The Gathering and ChronX. Those games had great depth and complexity. There were many strategy and deck building options. I like Wizard101. It's a good game with an interesting back story, fun animations, and well developed mechanics. KI obviously takes pride in its product and provides a quality experience for its customers. What the game lacks is a certain depth of strategy in the arena. Most every one has the same spells trained. Ice to tower shield and life to Satyr. Following this that leaves only a few training points to play with in other schools, so every one plays to the strongest advantage of their primary school. I have seen very few surprises in my arena matches. I think dispells for the spirit schools will add an interesting addition to the game. Especially entangle, since it affects everyone who uses life healing spells (which is almost every serious wizard). If you think it will affect you unduly as a healer for your PvP teams, just carry a wand with a life attack spell. Dispell gone, and you don't spend any pips. This even gives you a pip advantage. You will have to be more careful in planning your moves in the future, but its not really different than what elemental wizards have been doing for a while now.

I say anything to provide more depth and complexity to the game strategy is a good thing. I'm looking forward to seeing what spells are going to offered with the Celestia schools. I'm even sitting on a few training points to take advantage of this. I look at developing and adjusting strategies as a challenge to keep the game fun and interesting.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
77296 wrote:
sagehyuuga wrote:

yeah i am a level 36 storm and i have to admit storm has been rough with all the fizzleing, but you need to learn to try again.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
make treasure cards of the 0 pip 40 heal spell you gain at lvl 5 and put them in your deck.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
okay i dont really think you guys are getting the idea... this person is saying us healers already have infection to worry about. but not since there's a life dispel we have actually 4 things to worry about including shields and weakness... and when you look at the odds its not really fair... all of the other schools only have to deal with dispel shield and weakness. that and balance doesnt have a dispel... so when you look at the odds its not really fair for life these days in rank pvp... :(
Also i do have a storm so i do understand what you elemental grandmasters are saying.

Sestiva Frostblood grandmaster life
Cassandra Lotus river grandmaster storm.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008