Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you 100% hatch other person's pet as egg?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Well, I have not used the test realm but once or twice, (cause I want to finish DS as quick as possible). And I have not seen this post, so if you use the over priced hatchery, when you hatch an egg, will you 100% get other hatcher's pet? Or will you still have a chance at getting your pet in an egg?

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Angelocean wrote:
Well, I have not used the test realm but once or twice, (cause I want to finish DS as quick as possible). And I have not seen this post, so if you use the over priced hatchery, when you hatch an egg, will you 100% get other hatcher's pet? Or will you still have a chance at getting your pet in an egg?

Well it depends on what pet you are hatching because if for example, (this is what I'm getting) if you hatch an Orthrus with a Stormzilla you might get an even rarer Storm Hound that has an Orthrus card in it. It is like a electric purple Orthrus. I hope this helps.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
You will not necessarily get the other persons pet. If you combine two different pets, you generally get a copy of the less rare pet (ie, unicorn + pixie queen = unicorn). Some pets won't copy at all--like shardtail dragons, pioneer dragons etc--you either get a cool new hybrid (if you combine two non-copyable pets) or the non rare pet.

If you want a copy of a rarer pet, you need to try and use a rarer pet than the other person has. For example, if you want a copy of a seasonal pet (black cat, christmas elf), try using a pet that can't be copied when you mix with their pet. For example, shardtail dragon + their black cat = black cat.

Combinations of lvl 48 pets currently sometimes give a cool new hybrid, but sometimes your own pet back (and sometimes piggles, lol, but that is a bug hopefully!). Not sure yet if it is possible to get the other person's school pet, but I don't think so as they have changed things to make sure you get a usable pet.

The system is still changing, so don't get worried if you don't like how it is right now. It has changed already since the last update and will likely change again.

Hope that helps.
Tara

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Well said tara. If you want to see some of the new pets, go to wizard101central.com / forums / test realm/ then there will be 2 guides, one of hatching school pets, and one of some pets dropped that have been found and recorded. Remember it is still new so they are still finding new combos and new pets. Just like in live lol

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
Not sure if this is in the correct forum but, how does the pet card transfer work. like I have a special storm colosus(sp) that has the dragon blade card if I mix him with my jade oni does my new pet keep the dragon blade card or does it get the oni card?

Survivor
May 01, 2010
It might not get either. Here's my "success" story:

I hatched a Hydra/Stormzilla pet with my Balance and Storm Grands (different accounts).

My Storm wizard recieved another Stormzilla. My Balance wizard recieved another Hydra.

Both babies had lower "potential" than the parents, i.e. a lower pedigree. Niether baby gave me a card, even if I matured it.

In other words, I spent 200,000 gold for a couple of worthless pets.

In short, the answer to your question is "No".