Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Marva Wingflame tips needed.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I have been trying to defeat Marva Wingflame, a can't get it done. I am playing by myself, if that matters.

Is there a trick or something to it? She shields herself, she has 2 "protection Pox" that do nothing but shield her...

Not sure if I'm missing something or not. Thanks.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
take her out first, then once she is out, put as many different blades and traps on yourself and one pox, then hit as hard as you can

Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
Marva Wingflame is hard to defeat by yourself. If you cannot get a friend to assist you, then I suggest using a minion or a hireling from the Store. The key is to as quickly as possible defeat the two Pox characters first and then focus your attack on Marva.

If you are interested, I will help you. Just let me know the day, time, realm and your character name.

Tristan Skyriver - Grand

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
kirsch1 wrote:
Marva Wingflame is hard to defeat by yourself. If you cannot get a friend to assist you, then I suggest using a minion or a hireling from the Store. The key is to as quickly as possible defeat the two Pox characters first and then focus your attack on Marva.

If you are interested, I will help you. Just let me know the day, time, realm and your character name.

Tristan Skyriver - Grand
eh you could do that, but my way makes it less likely for you to die lol

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
Haze922 wrote:
try to get a myth that has earthquake
become a friend with a myth that is at least level 42 i agree

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
i am a level 44 death and i have gone up against this marva lady exactly 25 times. i never give in to anything but i think i may just quit wizard 101 altogether. its becoming such a ripoff for me and has added stress over my usually calm emotions. maybe the programmers dont mean to do this to there loyal customers, but they need to take this head on. i met a little kid at school whom also played wizard101, and he could not beat it. many young children play this game but are now finding it too hard . this mavra lady seems practically unbeatable. i have soloed her many times , and i would say that is 24 too many! kingsisle needs to fix this. a kid friendly game needs to be easier.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
xsaku wrote:
i am a level 44 death and i have gone up against this marva lady exactly 25 times. i never give in to anything but i think i may just quit wizard 101 altogether. its becoming such a ripoff for me and has added stress over my usually calm emotions. maybe the programmers dont mean to do this to there loyal customers, but they need to take this head on. i met a little kid at school whom also played wizard101, and he could not beat it. many young children play this game but are now finding it too hard . this mavra lady seems practically unbeatable. i have soloed her many times , and i would say that is 24 too many! kingsisle needs to fix this. a kid friendly game needs to be easier.

There are some thing in this game cannot be soloed, she is one of these things, yes it is annoying having to fight her (IN A GROUP I DIDN'T SOLO), also, why take out the challenge in a game? If young children realize this is something they cannot beat, then they ask for help.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
have always done this in a team of the trick is destroying pox first then working together to destroy her. Also reorganizing your deck to possess more attacks to be able to whittle away all the defense once the pox is gone helps.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Fires DoT spells are also good for taking out multiple shields. Scald will do the same on all of them.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
mavra isn't hard to defeat by yourself she's impossible I went through 3 reshuffles trying plus my entire treasure deck filled with healers I still couldn't get her under 600 I give up. and Oh this was my fifth try if I can get 2 or better 3 people to go in with me I might try again and as for taking the defenders out first thats how I was killed the first 2 times but more quickly than the other 3

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
arkansas99 wrote:
mavra isn't hard to defeat by yourself she's impossible I went through 3 reshuffles trying plus my entire treasure deck filled with healers I still couldn't get her under 600 I give up. and Oh this was my fifth try if I can get 2 or better 3 people to go in with me I might try again and as for taking the defenders out first thats how I was killed the first 2 times but more quickly than the other 3

Solo with Fire wiz and beat her. All those damage over time spells makes it near impossible for her to stay shielded (Dragon, Scorch, Heckhound, and Fire Elf) Wiz with damage over time spells have the best chance of beating Mavra alone. Not impossible but extremely long.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
Jabbers wrote:
I have been trying to defeat Marva Wingflame, a can't get it done. I am playing by myself, if that matters.

Is there a trick or something to it? She shields herself, she has 2 "protection Pox" that do nothing but shield her...

it is quite hard for yourself because they have EVERY sheild, including tower shield. but i soloed her on my balance and i beat her the first try.

Ellie Silverleaf- Grandmaster life
Ellie Ghostblade- Grandmaster balance

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
To be honest she is not that hard to beat, just go after the pox first (which put up the shields) once they are done its easy. If you have a pet use them also they come in handy for breaking the shields.

Have beaten her solo with a pyromancer / myth and life sooo it CAN be done.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
I don't think she's that hard to beat. I soloed her on death and beat her first time.
Kill pox first, then take her out. Poison, wait for all the shields to die, then hit with wraith.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
Jabbers wrote:

I got a friend to help me. First we destroyed the pox then we took a long time getting rid of the shields and then we attacked her full power.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
i am having trouble too... could someone set up a time and place to meet to bet her? thanks

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
Use Earthquake.
Use minions.
Use fire spells. Fire Elf, Link, Scald, Fire Dragon.
Take out the Pox first.

I've done this several times solo, on storm, death, and fire.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
Muisak wrote:
arkansas99 wrote:

Solo with Fire wiz and beat her. All those damage over time spells makes it near impossible for her to stay shielded (Dragon, Scorch, Heckhound, and Fire Elf) Wiz with damage over time spells have the best chance of beating Mavra alone. Not impossible but extremely long.

I am a level 46 fire wizzard you mentioned a dragon spell I don't have that one and don't know where to learn it but I had another idea does the myth henchman from the crown store use the earthquake spell also it would be nice if the fire wizards had a similar spell to get rid of an opponents shields

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
arkansas99 wrote:

I am a level 46 fire wizzard you mentioned a dragon spell I don't have that one and don't know where to learn it but I had another idea does the myth henchman from the crown store use the earthquake spell also it would be nice if the fire wizards had a similar spell to get rid of an opponents shields

You won't get Fire Dragon till level 48. Are you using your minion, the Flame Servant? The damage over time spells will remove the fire shields. And most likely, a myth henchman may use that spell, but you can't count on it.
good luck!

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
Mavra's a really long battle, but not all that hard to solo. Be sure you've got a couple of reshuffles, discard the first one that comes up and from then out you can reshuffle any time you need to.

I've found it a lot easier to focus on HER first, not the Pox. Mavra is the only one throwing damage spells, the Pox never attack. They can't hurt you without her. The sooner you go after her, the less damage you'll take and the fewer shields you'll have to get through to do it.

Once she's gone it's just a matter of time, whittling away at their shields until the Pox are gone too. Pick one Pox as your target and keep hitting the same one over and over, get rid of it and then do the same to the other one.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I don't know why people make such a big deal over this battle. It's pretty simple.

You will need two people, at least.

The first person into battle should have Earthquake. I happen to have a Death/Myth wizard that has Earthquake, but a treasure card will work too.

Leave the traps out of your deck. Bring Storm shields and blades. Wait until everyone has blades up. The first person in uses Earthquake. The other person (or people) uses a "group" damage spell in the same round. Of course, you would prefer a Grandmaster spell (Power Nova, Storm Lord, Fire Dragon, etc).This may not kill Mavra, but the important thing is to kill the Poxes.

With the Poxes dead, she is easy to take down.

As for Minions, they are a waste of pips. People seem to like calling in a minion and making this a long battle, but it really doesn't have to be. I love going in and beating Mavra in 4 or 5 rounds. Remember, the "test" is to see if you are a good strategist. Since Mavra uses a different strategy than any other creature in the Spiral, you need to custom design a strategy to beat her!

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
Jabbers wrote:

its easy i beat her solo 8)

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
xsaku wrote:
i`ll help you even though i`m in the crucible.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
ajsvid wrote:
arkansas99 wrote:

You won't get Fire Dragon till level 48. Are you using your minion, the Flame Servant? The damage over time spells will remove the fire shields. And most likely, a myth henchman may use that spell, but you can't count on it.
good luck!

((SPOILER BELOW ))
thank you for your tips but you forgot to mention that you couldn't use the dragon spell on mavra because you have to beat her before you can get it as part of the dragon quest I'm now 48 and I have the dragon thank you again for your tips they worked like a charm she fell without my having to reshuffle even once