Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Enchanted Treasure Cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
I know your probably aware of the big rush to trade enchanted treasure cards before the update, but what are you going to do about cards players have already aquired?
The biggest solution i see for now is to just perm. delete all of the ones not lingering in a sideboard right now, this should destroy most of the cards you did not want them to gain.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
thouman9999 wrote:
I know your probably aware of the big rush to trade enchanted treasure cards before the update, but what are you going to do about cards players have already aquired?
The biggest solution i see for now is to just perm. delete all of the ones not lingering in a sideboard right now, this should destroy most of the cards you did not want them to gain.

How about we just let people who have buried themselves in Uber Load time get the penalty of holding a max amount of treasure cards (Heavy Load time!).

Just let people run out of them.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
How about we CONTINUE to be allowed to make treasure cards using keen eyes, accurate, etc. because this is a very FUN thing to do and honestly, how often do we pull out a treasure card? Every once in a while maybe?

It is a fun thing to do with friends (trading them) and adds a little bit of work to do to get them. Look, you still have to go BUY keen eyes and others at library or bazaar so your gold is being spent.

It is a GAME and taking this away (I guarantee) will cause you to LOOSE players. I myself heard about this the other day (I have a LIFE Grand and am working on a Storm Grand in time for Celestia) and I am a loyal subscriber....I really thought about two reasons I MIGHT quit playing, and this was one of them.

The other , to be dead honest is this PET realm that seems geared for a MUCH younger audience. That's cool, games move in different directions and I applaud Kings Isle for choosing this younger route to intice young players. My 7 year old is very excited about it, but she also loves WebKinz and McWorld, and Club Penguin, all of them...ugh.

I would have been MUCH happier to see more effort put into another WORLD like Celestia...we need more worlds to play in the spiral. That is what made this game what it is...not by taking things away from the players (ability to craft cards) and merging pets together (which has not worked for ANYONE I have asked who has been in the test realm BTW). So I am not convinced, but I like some of the games I will give you that. The excitement of a new area is very good.

Please DON'T take our ability to make treasure cards away! What does it hurt anyway? Keep it fun- it is a game after all.

Thanks!

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
tburkman wrote:
How about we CONTINUE to be allowed to make treasure cards using keen eyes, accurate, etc. because this is a very FUN thing to do and honestly, how often do we pull out a treasure card? Every once in a while maybe?

It is a fun thing to do with friends (trading them) and adds a little bit of work to do to get them. Look, you still have to go BUY keen eyes and others at library or bazaar so your gold is being spent.

It is a GAME and taking this away (I guarantee) will cause you to LOOSE players. I myself heard about this the other day (I have a LIFE Grand and am working on a Storm Grand in time for Celestia) and I am a loyal subscriber....I really thought about two reasons I MIGHT quit playing, and this was one of them.

The other , to be dead honest is this PET realm that seems geared for a MUCH younger audience. That's cool, games move in different directions and I applaud Kings Isle for choosing this younger route to intice young players. My 7 year old is very excited about it, but she also loves WebKinz and McWorld, and Club Penguin, all of them...ugh.

I would have been MUCH happier to see more effort put into another WORLD like Celestia...we need more worlds to play in the spiral. That is what made this game what it is...not by taking things away from the players (ability to craft cards) and merging pets together (which has not worked for ANYONE I have asked who has been in the test realm BTW). So I am not convinced, but I like some of the games I will give you that. The excitement of a new area is very good.

Please DON'T take our ability to make treasure cards away! What does it hurt anyway? Keep it fun- it is a game after all.

Thanks!

You can still make the Enchanted Treasure cards, you just cannot Trade them once Test goes Live.

It was never meant for Non-Storm to be able to obtain WildBolt.

The Trading function was intended to reward Crafters and people who get Lucky Rare Drops to be able to share those Treasure Cards with their friends. Due to rushed coding, KingsIsle accidentally opened up the flood gate and allowed all spells to be cheaply passed around, ruining the 'Special' Feeling of each school and making them all bland and Vanilla.

Before you whine and cry, go and read the post by Professor Greyrose regarding the FINAL WORD from Merle Ambrose on the subject. At the end of the day, Enchanted Treasure Trading is going to disappear, thankfully.

Stock up if you must, but don't expect pity when you run out.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
I was upset with this. Once in a while I would ask my friend for some life cards so if we were doing something hard, I could MAKE SURE WE DONT DIE! Alos, i GIVE lower level say death friends of mine, some poisons or cards to help them out. Though lots of things will be gained when we dont need to worry about TOO many cards floating around.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
honsetly this is VERY upsetting. i made a life toon and would like to give my other non healing toons some of her awesome heals. and some of the good damage cards to her as that life has a hard time killing stuff. if you take away the enchanted trade then let us beable to put them in our shared bank so our other toons can use them. another thing is you can't even use enchanted cands to craft things like pet treats and gear you may need baddly. so the point of enchanting comes to a big zero. i hope something can be done. i could even see not allowing spells that are for first schools only not to beable to share trade ect. this would stop like the lvl 10 warlords and so on. another idea can we trade snacks? i mean as that we get them in a drop or have to make them. that would be nice

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
i find this very upsetting as well. i loved the game until the updates (pet - insanely expensive to hatch and no trade tcs) came. i had several wiz and some of them cant heal and so i usually have satyrs on their tc deck. it seems my only option right now is to buy back all training points again just to get the heal. I think that using tc made the game more interesting. KI could have just limited or ban use of it in arena but not remove enchanted tc trade all together. People only complained about it in arena anyway. My subscription will end this week and at first i was excited to renew it because of the updates. But now, it seemed the update just made me want to stop playing for a while until KI offers something better or fix it.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
I cant help but think that banning enchanted tc trade is a direct result of complaints about abuse of it in pvp (chain stunning, bolt, beguile). Only solve it for bolt. Others u can still buy it in bazaar. Before if u want to pvp (and you will if u r a grandmastr with nothing else to do), ur only requirement is to train up to tower shields. Now, if u still want to do pvp and want to rank up, you NEED to train in BOTH ice for tower shields and life for satyr (unless of course ur happy with a pixie heal ). This update just CHANGED the whole game. Mutated cards cant be even traded anymore. For storms, mutated lightning elves are game changing. Most people have A LOT of shields against storm. Why bother with mutated cards if you cant use it? Fire wiz wouldnt use lightning elves. I notice that a lightning elve pet can be redeemed in arena but how likely is it that u can get that one card when you need it?

People who leveled up multiple wizards for the purpose of trading cards bet each characters are in a huge disadvantage if they chose their second and third school not thinking about this poor update.
A better update could have been: 1. no stuns and other abused spells available in auction 2. limit the use (or ban it if u must) of enchanted tc fr other schools in pvp ONLY (not many people use enchanted cards from other schools in PVE -- too pip consuming).

Banning enchanted tc trading is the easiest program to do. Its like if u have a problem, just get rid of everything. It is not the most effective or appealing solution to players.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
pucci1 wrote:
i find this very upsetting as well. i loved the game until the updates (pet - insanely expensive to hatch and no trade tcs) came. i had several wiz and some of them cant heal and so i usually have satyrs on their tc deck. it seems my only option right now is to buy back all training points again just to get the heal. I think that using tc made the game more interesting. KI could have just limited or ban use of it in arena but not remove enchanted tc trade all together. People only complained about it in arena anyway. My subscription will end this week and at first i was excited to renew it because of the updates. But now, it seemed the update just made me want to stop playing for a while until KI offers something better or fix it.

Or you could just start crafting your Sprites, Pixies, and Satyrs, and stop whining about it... How about that?

Pets are expensive to hatch because that keeps them from being all over the spiral, as KingsIsle will be losing money in the GIFT CARD department, since Gift Card pets can be hatched out of the Hatchery for in game gold...

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Good Idea, was tired hearing " TRADING CARDS " each time i went shopping. BUT some of us Prep for battle with enchanted cards in our side deck. there should be an easier way to make them. I bet the people at wizard 101 have never spent time trying to make enchanted cards while every person on unicorn way jumps into your fight to show you there storm bat spell ( while your prepping your side board with dragons ), everyone knows what I mean. It just make you just want to ........... ( the dots pop up here too i see ). Please if you are going to take away the trading of spells you can't use, make it easier for us to use the ones we can.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
xxmajorwoody wrote:
Good Idea, was tired hearing " TRADING CARDS " each time i went shopping. BUT some of us Prep for battle with enchanted cards in our side deck. there should be an easier way to make them. I bet the people at wizard 101 have never spent time trying to make enchanted cards while every person on unicorn way jumps into your fight to show you there storm bat spell ( while your prepping your side board with dragons ), everyone knows what I mean. It just make you just want to ........... ( the dots pop up here too i see ). Please if you are going to take away the trading of spells you can't use, make it easier for us to use the ones we can.

... this is why some people use Golem Tower, and others use the far side of Unicorn Way and not the starting side.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Johnist wrote:

Or you could just start crafting your Sprites, Pixies, and Satyrs, and stop whining about it... How about that?

Pets are expensive to hatch because that keeps them from being all over the spiral, as KingsIsle will be losing money in the GIFT CARD department, since Gift Card pets can be hatched out of the Hatchery for in game gold...

Obviously you HAVENT tried crafting a satyr. I wouldnt have complained about it if it is easy to craft. Satyr needs a tower shield if u want to craft it. If i need ONLY one satyr for my wiz, then it would be all good. Again obviously i will be needing more than that. Know what you are talking about.

As for the pets, 90000 is ridiculous for something that might look exactly the same way and might have exactly the same stats. there is no guarantee. If the pet is rare, and there is a guarantee that you will have a new pet, then that wouldnt be so bad. But for regular pets (stormzilla, etc)90000 is WAY too much. If you are mixing pets that are boss drops, how can KI lose money on that? If you want a gift card pet, you will still buy it regardless.

Historian
May 15, 2009
pucci1 wrote:
I cant help but think that banning enchanted tc trade is a direct result of complaints about abuse of it in pvp (chain stunning, bolt, beguile). Only solve it for bolt. Others u can still buy it in bazaar. Before if u want to pvp (and you will if u r a grandmastr with nothing else to do), ur only requirement is to train up to tower shields. Now, if u still want to do pvp and want to rank up, you NEED to train in BOTH ice for tower shields and life for satyr (unless of course ur happy with a pixie heal -). This update just CHANGED the whole game. Mutated cards cant be even traded anymore. For storms, mutated lightning elves are game changing. Most people have A LOT of shields against storm. Why bother with mutated cards if you cant use it? Fire wiz wouldnt use lightning elves. I notice that a lightning elve pet can be redeemed in arena but how likely is it that u can get that one card when you need it?

People who leveled up multiple wizards for the purpose of trading cards bet each characters are in a huge disadvantage if they chose their second and third school not thinking about this poor update.
A better update could have been: 1. no stuns and other abused spells available in auction 2. limit the use (or ban it if u must) of enchanted tc fr other schools in pvp ONLY (not many people use enchanted cards from other schools in PVE -- too pip consuming).

Banning enchanted tc trading is the easiest program to do. Its like if u have a problem, just get rid of everything. It is not the most effective or appealing solution to players.

ugh no player seems to get it let me pull a quote from grayrose

The trading of enchanted cards was never intended; it was an error on our part that players were able to use this system to gain access to spells they were never suppose to receive. Yes, this has been an issue in PvP, but that's really a minor part of the overall problem (as PvP is a relatively minor part of the overall W101 experience.)

Please understand that we went to great lengths to craft and balance the difficulty and "fun factor" of our game. We spent thousands of hours pouring over spreadsheets, implementing, testing, and then repeating that process until we got it right. We planned for players to have "easy" fights and "hard" fights. We planned on solo areas, and areas where we wanted them to ask other players for assistance, fostering social connections. As part of this process -- and to make each class feel special -- we created a handful of custom, unique spell that were restricted to each class. We wanted each player to feel like they could do something that other players could not. Each class was engineered to have areas of strength and weakness, so that the style of game play (and strategy) would different from one player to the next. We wanted to foster a sense of identity, to make the game interesting (and different) based on the path that the player chose to follow, and (of course) to make the game balanced across 300+ hours of gameplay.

After all that effort, we made a mistake, one which allowed player to use 50 gold enchantment cards to circumvent these class restriction. Oops! I wish this mistake had never been made in the first place; had the class restrictions been properly enforced from the beginning, players would have thought "well, that makes sense" and not given it another thought.

The problem is, this may seem like a minor issue, but it is not. This one oversight fundamentally dilutes the unique nature of each class. Replicating these spells creates a huge imbalance in our system, not just in PvP, but in the overall play cycle and in the experience of the game we spent so much time and energy crafting. If everyone can cast everything, what's the point of having classes at all? To borrow a phrase from The Incredibles, "When everyone's Super, then no one is." In my eyes, being able to mass produce a collection of class-restricted, high level spells for a trivial amount of gold falls pretty clearly into the category of stuff we should fix. And so, we are fixing it.

I certainly realize that you may not agree with this decision. Much like a parent sometimes the "right" decision is not necessarily the most popular one. In this case, I recognize that some people will be unhappy with this fix. But as the director of the game, I have to look out for the health of the game as a whole. It's my call to make, and I stand by my decision. You may not agree, but I do hope you will understand