Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Correlations between schools

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
Everyone knows that every school (except balance) has an opposite. Life and Death. Myth and Storm. Fire and Ice. And balance stands alone. I know that the opposite of life is death, and fire melts ice as ice douses fire. But i dont know what the difference is between storm and myth. Why do they deal extra damage to each other? What is their connection?

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Yellow and purple are colors that despise each other by what I think.
So I think its because of color but its definitely not why

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Myth is earth realted.

Troll hits GROUND

Cyclops comes out of GROUND

Minotaur...idk how hes related to ground :?

Earthquake is self explanitory

Golem is made of wood...isnt that life? Well anyway he is myth.

Orhturus comes out of ground.

======================================================================

Storm is sea, sky and electricity related.

Triton comes out of WATER

Kraken also comes out of WATER

Wild bolt is...again self explanitory

Storm lord idk if its sky, sea or both :?

Windstorm again self explanitory.

Also storms cause eriosions in the earth which is bad for the earth. I was curious about this too but there are a couple threads about this. As for the poster about yellow and purple not to sound rude but is wrong.

water/sky doesnt get along with earth like cat and dog.

Defender
Oct 14, 2009
I think it is because Myth has to do with the mind, and Storm has to do with the environment/body.

Delver
May 29, 2009
z189ack wrote:
Yellow and purple are colors that despise each other by what I think.
So I think its because of color but its definitely not why

I don't know about despise each other but they are opposites on the color wheel. Yellow, red, and blue are the primary colors. Purple, orange, and green are their complementary colors.

Try it for yourself:

Draw a circle with three lines cut into it like a six-sliced cake.
Start with one pie slice and label it yellow skip one go to blue skip go to red.
The blanks in-between make up the complementary colors. Red and blue=purple; blue and yellow=green; yellow and red=orange. No matter what order you will always have blue:orange, red:green, and yellow:purple as the opposite colors of one another.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
paladin429 wrote:
Everyone knows that every school (except balance) has an opposite. Life and Death. Myth and Storm. Fire and Ice. And balance stands alone. I know that the opposite of life is death, and fire melts ice as ice douses fire. But i dont know what the difference is between storm and myth. Why do they deal extra damage to each other? What is their connection?

Well, being a myth wizard, I have noticed that most the myth spells use the ground someway in attacking, while storm uses the air and water. air and water go together, but earth and the other two don't.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
paladin429 wrote:

think this way...

mussels vs. brains

power vs. mind

storm vs. mith

you see they are like to of the things that most people have one of brains or brons (strangth), some people in the world are relly strong (storm), whall others are smart and pay people to work for them (mith somonds minons to help them) so strong people fight smart people and storm fights mith. this is how i look at it.

Sean Shadowrider lvl 39 death/ storm wizard

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
balance enemies are weak against life death and myth. Second storm is thinking of ideas for the future, myth is of the past. Technology and ways of the past dont mix well if you have ever tried to teach an old relative about some new technology lol

Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. It really helped me to better understand the ways of Myth and Storm better. :D

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
zinthow wrote:
paladin429 wrote:

think this way...

mussels vs. brains

power vs. mind

storm vs. mith

you see they are like to of the things that most people have one of brains or brons (strangth), some people in the world are relly strong (storm), whall others are smart and pay people to work for them (mith somonds minons to help them) so strong people fight smart people and storm fights mith. this is how i look at it.

Sean Shadowrider lvl 39 death/ storm wizard

I have two things to say.
One: Good point
Two: You really need a good spelling lesson (no offence meant)

David StormHunter, Grand Master Pyromancer, Savior of the Spiral