Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What The Best School In Wizard101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
I was wondering which u think is the best school? I got two school that i think are good like storm and myth. Storm is cause they got a lot of power in the beginnning. Plus u can kill someone in one shot with the right blades and traps. A good combo for storm is lord and triton. Lord for the stun and triton for the kill. Myth is cause of all the minion like minataur. they heal, shield u and they attack your opponent. Also the greatest combo for myth is earthquake to take away all the shields then orthrus for the finish blow. All the other schools i think there good but not as good as storm and myth

STORM AND MYTH ROCKS :-D :-D :-D :-D

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
I can't decide! I'll just list all the pros.

Fire: Great damage and cool spells!

Storm: Coolest spells and incredible damage!

Ice: Great defences

Myth: The minions

Balance: Lots of traps and all different kinds of spells

Death: Pretty good attacks but gives healing to yourself

Life: Really good healing and secondary school.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2008
doom288 wrote:
I was wondering which u think is the best school? I got two school that i think are good like storm and myth. Storm is cause they got a lot of power in the beginnning. Plus u can kill someone in one shot with the right blades and traps. A good combo for storm is lord and triton. Lord for the stun and triton for the kill. Myth is cause of all the minion like minataur. they heal, shield u and they attack your opponent. Also the greatest combo for myth is earthquake to take away all the shields then orthrus for the finish blow. All the other schools i think there good but not as good as storm and myth

STORM AND MYTH ROCKS :-D :-D :-D :-D

I personally think that death and storm are the best. you have death for the life draining/gaining back life aspect, and storm for the gereral power.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2008
Everyone has their personal opinion.
I think myth is the best school. I love to PvP (1v1, in particular), and myth is the PERFECT class for PvP!

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
I think that ice and life should go together ice has a good advantage, because life cloths give you LOTS of health and when you are battling you can attack the enimy but also since you have such weak spells the enimy can kill you easily so you can heal with life XD :D

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
The best school In wizard is.......................the one that you have the most fun playing.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Venus1111 wrote:
I think that ice and life should go together ice has a good advantage, because life cloths give you LOTS of health and when you are battling you can attack the enimy but also since you have such weak spells the enimy can kill you easily so you can heal with life XD :D
I think that death is best school because it can do lots of damage
then it gives you health.It has the best blades and traps. :D :D 8)

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
cokevspepsi wrote:
I can't decide! I'll just list all the pros.

Fire: Great damage and cool spells!

Storm: Coolest spells and incredible damage!

Ice: Great defences

Myth: The minions

Balance: Lots of traps and all different kinds of spells

Death: Pretty good attacks but gives healing to yourself

Life: Really good healing and secondary school.

To add onto this, I will post all the cons:

Fire: Low accuracy, and you don't get instant results.

Storm: Freakisly low accuracy, lowest health in the game

Ice: Lowest damage, not so great accuracy.

Myth: Not so great accuracy, not many damage spells. Mostly known for the ability to summon minions.

Balance: .... N/A It's even in everything - damage, accuracy, etc. Hmm... Well, there's one. You can't do a boosted damage against ANYTHING without feint, blanaceblade, or bladestorm.

Death: Not so great damage, even though it steals health.

Life: Not many attack spells. Actually, very few attack spells, so if you ONLY play with life, and no other spells, then you're kinda doomed.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Storm or Fire. here's why.

Storm- at first, things really stink. You fizzle all day long and when you do attack it pretty much equals out a bunch of weak attacks. Howerver, when you're around level 30 or so and you can get accuracy clothes, things turn around. Storm at that point becomes the best

Fire-I'm only level 15 on fire but it seems pretty stable. My best wizard friend scarlet summerbreeze is fire and she said she really likes it. It has the 2nd most poweful attacks and ok accuracy, good health, and it attacks over time. Its not a bad school.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
ppl ask that a lot and it boils down to your preferences and play style. I like myth for solo and life when i don't solo. A lot of people would disagree because of their preferences and play styles. That's one of the great things about this game is eight different ways to like it and several combos to enhance it.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
Balance is the greatest school of all because its power is SO POWERFUL . IF you want to know more go to the balance school and read the Book. everthing in balance is balance ..... lvl 50 Storm . Defeated Sea Lord 1 on 1 and use only storm spell to DEFEAT!!!

Survivor
May 19, 2010
All schools to have their good and bad sides to them.

The combination I'm most successful with of my characters is with Life as my primary school and Myth as its secondary school.

You last a lot longer because of all of the healing spells and you have a lot better chance of soloing the dungeons you go through; however, the down side is healing yourself so much that the boss battles take quite a bit longer. If you have the patience for that, it's what I would suggest.

My other two characters are Fire/Storm and Death/Frost.

I've found Death as a primary school is a bit tougher than the others in the first 15 to 20 levels. But, when you get the higher ability cards (and know where all of the trainers with the free bonus cards are), you have an easier time with it.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
My absolute two favorite schools have to be Balance and Life. With balance, you have a card from each school in the beginning. It's a lot more work than most schools, but it all centers. If you notice, each balance spell contains a little bit of the other school. "Helping Hands" does healing. "Spectral Blast" can give off lightning, fire, or ice. Plus, Balance has all the defenses and a crocodile for a teacher!!! (But I still think Balestrom is cool.)

Life is awesome too! High accuracy, but low damage. That's okay! It makes up for healing other people. But I don't think Life would be anything without Seraph/Centaur.

This is just my opinon on the two best schools. All the schools have their advantages and disadvantages. They're all cool in their own way.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
I've heard this question be asked many times... and there are just so many answers. Well, I thought of four different schools i thought fell in to the category of the "Best" schools. Then i rated them 1-4.

1. Ice
2. Balance
3. Storm
4. Life

Here is my reason for each:

Ice: Ice has high health, and amazing defenses which are very annoying to other players fighting ice (an advantage), our attacks are viewed as weak, however, we are stronger than Death, we aren't the weakest.

Balance: This school isn't best with clothing colors but its somewhat good with defenses, and they have many different forms of boosts that can help others power up their spells. They have second highest health, and the spell judgement can be very useful.

Storm: Storm is extremely powerful, with its spells reaching over 1000 damage in just a few pips. people judge storm as bad because of our low health and accuracy, however, we are very powerful when combined with Ice and life. And they don't need high health because by the time the enemy hits them, the enemy will be dead that very same round.

Life: Life is best for healing, and i find that being with life guarantees that you will make it through a fight 100%. Life may not have the strongest attacks, but its rank 6 spell beats ice's rank 6 spell, and they don't need strong attacks because they can work their way through battles.

overall, i think these are the best schools (Ice being number 1)

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
They are all awesome! Here's what makes each individual school AMAZING!

Fire(my school): High attack spells.

Storm(my secondary): Powerfull spells.

Ice: Not too strong, but not too weak.

Life(my secondary): Healing spells.

Death: Attacks and heals in same spell.

Myth: Strong spells.

Balance: Various types of spells.

Wizard: William DarkFlame (Pyromancer)

School: Fire

Secondary School(s): Life and Storm

LvL: 37

Worlds Unlocked (5): Wizard City, Krokatopia, Grizzlehiem, Marleybone, and MooShu

THAT'S RIGHT I WRITE EVERY PART OF MY WIZARD'S STATUS

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
I vote Life as the best for Main.

Grandmaster Life here.

The lower spells may not look like much in a duel, but once you hit Centaur, you can do some real damage with a Blade and Trap. I've actually done a 1 hit KO on a death NPC in Dragonspire with the help of a Feint. 3k + damage there, go me. :D

And well, I can't die, can I?

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
i personally think Myth is the best because it gets Minotaur Earthquake MinotaurMinion and Orthrus 4 awesome spells right there boo yah woot go myth