Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 45 Balance Amulet

AuthorMessage
Delver
May 29, 2009
I noticed that each school except Balance and Life gets an attack school only amulet for level 45. These are all based on the level 42 school spells.

Fire gets Helephant-Snowcrusher's Flame Pendant
Ice gets Colossus-Spiderkeeper's Frostcharm
Storm gets Stormzilla-Markmaker's Lightning Locket
Myth gets Minotaur-Chronius' Continuum Circlet
Death gets Wraith-Kraysys' Astral Carcanet

Life gets Dryad-Crystalline Queen's Pendant

Balance gets...Donate Power-Shadowmark's Charm of Making.

Balance gets a three pip spell to donate pips to another player. Not able to be used on themselves. Life does not get an attack, but their spell can be used on themselves or others.

As a student of Balance, I would rather see an amulet with a higher attack of Spectral Blast or Judgement. I would even rather have a higher level of Helping Hands. I think these cards would better serve a Balance wizard who solos or plays as a team.

Agreement or not, please post your thoughts.

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
SorceressMiklai wrote:
I noticed that each school except Balance and Life gets an attack school only amulet for level 45. These are all based on the level 42 school spells.

Okay, lets look at this...
Fire - Level 42, Robe, Pet, Pendant (Stomp, Stomp, Stomp)
Ice - Level 42, Robe, Pet, Pendant (NEEDED THE BOOST!)
Storm - Level 42, Pet, Pendant (Robe is 38) (Smash, Smash, 70% BOLT)
Myth - Level 33, Robe is 42, Pet is 48 (Dual Attack, Attack and Shatter, Dual Attack)
Death - Level 42, Robe, Pet, Pendant (Attack & Heal)
Life - Pendant is 38, Robe is 33, Pet is 26 (Heal, Attack, Heal)
Balance - Pendant is 33, Robe is 28, Pet is 42 (Assist, Attack, Attack)

Lets see... of all these, Life, Storm, Myth, and Death play to their School's Specialties.

Do I feel bad for balance for having a Group Only useful pendant? kinda... Just replace it with Troll Ear (Level 10+) and use your Guiding lights to boost your Helping Hands, I guess.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
SorceressMiklai wrote:

Balance gets a three pip spell to donate pips to another player. Not able to be used on themselves. Life does not get an attack, but their spell can be used on themselves or others.

As a student of Balance, I would rather see an amulet with a higher attack of Spectral Blast or Judgement. I would even rather have a higher level of Helping Hands. I think these cards would better serve a Balance wizard who solos or plays as a team.

I agree but minotaur is a lvl 33 spell not 45. But yes i do find this a problem, we cant get earthquake but you do get a hydra amulet from jade oni. But they should change it to lvl 45 only. I dont wanna see lvl 5 myth using orthrus in the future so i dont wanna see a lvl 35 using a balance meant-to-be only lvl 42 spell

Explorer
Jun 08, 2008
i have a balance wizard and i agree that is a useless spell, i'm not a donate pips wizard i may need those pips myself , thats why i use the oni's amulet with the hydra

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I think that there were a few places that when such items were designed a school got lost in the mix. I agree, the amulet should be able to be used in solo or multi-player combats as all the other are. My own personal choice would be like the old crown gear with a boosted Judgement. Or maybe 2-3 uses of an enhanced Dragonblade, etc.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I can certainly see the merit of having a self-boost pendant for Balance, but I'd just like to mention that this is still a very young game. Personally, I like that Balance is a support school like Life and figure the donate pips spell plays well into that. And who knows how valueable such a spell may become later.

Other schools don't have these more subtle powers and I for one think it can be a very valueable spell in a team. (Emergency heal, next-round Triton-KO, etc).

I like that Balance can both solo, buff, and heal, which is more support than most other schools can offer.

Cheers,
Morgrim SoulForge
Morgrim HexForge