Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice needs a new spell

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Sense the first ice gets after beetle is stun, and stun shield has been added it kinda losses it's point. especially sense it only stuns 1 enemy. Could this possibly be replaced plz

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
The stun shield has been added for wizards to learn and use in PvP. I have never seen a monster use a stun shield, not even in Mavra Flamewing's defense class.

Since you get it in the beginning of the game, having it stun all enemies would make it way too powerful. Plus, until you get to Colussus Blvd, you are only fighting one enemy at a time anyways (assuming you solo).

As you (and the enemies) progress in strength, early spells becoming useless to keep in your deck (I doubt you toss Ice Beetles at your enemies in Mooshu!). However, an ability to stun your enemy is always usable.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
But it matters if you are first in the battle or not if you are, it will work. if you aren't, it wont because the round has ended, so i agree that there really shouldn't be a stun and there should be a different spell. and also stun block is useless! i have only seen it be used once in pvp and enemies never use it. i wish they would change those two spells. :(

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
If you stun the enemy a stun block is put up by itself, enemy or wizard. I wish we could switch it with ice blade. We dont get it till MOOSHU! every other wizard has it by the time they get to the krokopshinx

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
Sense the first ice gets after beetle is stun, and stun shield has been added it kinda losses it's point. especially sense it only stuns 1 enemy. Could this possibly be replaced plz

I think it could be replaced, it's not a very useful spell.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
444sparky wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:

I think it could be replaced, it's not a very useful spell.
thank you. maybe replace it with ice blade, sense we get it WAY later then other schools

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
My main wizard is Ice. I stopped using Freeze before I finished WC because it hardly ever seemed to work, and I have never used the stun resist spell. Not very useful, these two. They definitely could be replaced.

Survivor
May 22, 2008
Need is the wrong word. I went from level 1 to Dragonspyre in 7 days as ice and solo'd everything, even the towers in DS and big ben.

What I did notice though is that we get Ice Wyvern in the Krokotopia level range, but I was using it as my main attack even as I started Dragonspyre...

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Enct wrote:
Need is the wrong word. I went from level 1 to Dragonspyre in 7 days as ice and solo'd everything, even the towers in DS and big ben.

What I did notice though is that we get Ice Wyvern in the Krokotopia level range, but I was using it as my main attack even as I started Dragonspyre...
congrats mr hardcore gamer but yes that is a problem too sense it is does about the same damage as a sunbird

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
Enct wrote:

That is a problem that several schools have: they are missing one or more tiers of attack spells.

- Ice doesn't get a real attack spell past Ice Wyvern for MANY levels. Frostbite doesn't count because it is a DOT and way overpriced in pips for what it does, so it hardly ever gets used.

- You don't get a three pip attack spell with Life unless you take it as your primary school.

- Fire doesn't get a two pip attack spell like most schools. Instead, Fire gets a cheesy DOT (albeit a very useful one, unlike Frostbite) and has to limp along with Fire Cats until they get Sunbird.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
first off I LOVE frostbite it is very useful when used right. And I have a fire and I once i get fire elf i kiss fire cat goodbye forever

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
this is so stupid. the only reason ice doesnt get a balde till ms is because they have the most health and they have really good accuracy.
no monster uses stun shield so yea you can stun monsters. the shield is a result. also stun does work if you are last that monster will pass next turn(or should)
ice beetle is useful to use against shields like tower shield or ice shields just saying
frostbite is an awesome card and can take more if you use traps and blades
Scarlet Redthorn grandmaster fire
Chris Deathbringer lvl 33 nature's wraith rocks(meaning life)
i have a sister who is ice named Destiny Iceheart grandmaster ice

Survivor
Mar 23, 2010
If you really want a blade before MS, just visit the balance tree near the sphinx and get elemental sword. Elemental trap also if you want a little more power and variety.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
LetterBee wrote:
this is so stupid. the only reason ice doesnt get a balde till ms is because they have the most health and they have really good accuracy.

Really good accuracy? Nope. Both Life and Death are ahead in accuracy with 90% and 85%, and Myth is equal to Ice with 80%. Ice is in the middle, which may seem unfair since its attacks are so low. However, defense-wise, Ice is the best, hands down.

I agree totally that Ice Blade should be learned earlier. Stun does help for like the first five levels, then it becomes obsolete, since you really can't stun an enemy more than once, and its accuracy rate is only 70%. Stun shield... No point but in PvP.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
LetterBee wrote:
no monster uses stun shield so yea you can stun monsters. the shield is a result. also stun does work if you are last that monster will pass next turn(or should)
ice beetle is useful to use against shields like tower shield or ice shields just saying
frostbite is an awesome card and can take more if you use traps and blades
Scarlet Redthorn grandmaster fire
Chris Deathbringer lvl 33 nature's wraith rocks(meaning life)
i have a sister who is ice named Destiny Iceheart grandmaster ice

1- ice sword attack is better than ice bettle, and cost 0 pips.
2- Scald does the same damage, for the same pips and its ALL ENEMIES, so its not a awsome spell.
3- Really good accuracy? You're kidding right? 80%? NO, life have really good accuracy.
4- Freeze? a 70% accuracy stun spell for one enemy only is great? No, its not.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
I agree. Not because I love Ice, but because once you get Wyvern and maybe Blizzard, those are your main attacks. The others aren't that powerful, even in Grizzleheim. =/ Using Wvyern and Blizzard and secondary school spells over and over gets a little tedious.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Maybe something like 35%-40% tower shield to all. Also frost giant needs to change, every rank 7 spell is unique and different except frost giant. Its exactly the same as storm lord just half as powerful.
power nova hits all and adds weakness
orthrus strong double attack
life heals all+absorbs
dragon has strong aoe dot
scarecrow attacks all and converts half
stormlord strong attack all + stun
frost giant weak attack all + stun