Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101 On Mac.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2012
hi people who really love wizard101, i have exciting news to tell mac players and this is true! :). Kingsisle told wizard101 a very few weeks or months ago that they are trying to allow mac players play wizard101. If it wont allow you to play wizard101, i could go on my wizard and tell mr. lincoln about it. I hope mac players some day can play wizard101 without all these problems. I am Melissa Jaderiver, level 40 master pyromancer please friend me wizards. I am Melissa Jaderiver and i approve this problem. Thank you! PS I am on wizard101 a lot ,and mostly in the arena if you see my name friend me ok! I hope all mac players can play wizard101. Have a great summer and practice your math facts. I have a very special quote i made up " Some things can not work when you try to make it happen. Some things may not work when you want it to happen, but you are never right because one day they will work!
_ Melissa Jaderiver

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
My best friend uses a program that you either install or came with the Mac (free program) called wine. It runs windows games for you, and her game runs perfectly on her Mac.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
lionheart999 wrote:
My best friend uses a program that you either install or came with the Mac (free program) called wine. It runs windows games for you, and her game runs perfectly on her Mac.

You have to download it, but yea, I have it too and really have no problems, the loading can be slow at times but it plays just like it does on the PC. I think my friend has a video on youtube with a tutorial that shows how to set it up.... By set it up I mean it takes maybe 5-10 minutes.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
It is not possible to get W101 on apple/mac. On the download page it CLEARLY SAYS: W101 only runs on a windows computer.

Wolf SilverSpear ~ Level 51 Pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
Sorry, but, my friend's dad is a genius when it comes to
computers, and they also have a Mac. My friend's dad said it is really hard
to download it. And if he's a computer expert, then it must VERY HARD.
Sorry, wish I could help...

Survivor
Aug 13, 2012
you don't have to install windows on a mac or....whatever you can just get crossover, it is very easy. You can search it up on youtube it tells you step by step how to install it. It is free too! (though it is like a fourteen day trial) I know there is a video that tells you how to keep crossover forever (for free!) and be able to play wizard101 with it. You can also install other window games with crossover (which is pretty cool ) so don't waste your time, money on getting windows for mac? and things like that Just install crossover and your good! (hope this helped!)

Survivor
Aug 19, 2012
Fleur wrote:
hawn89 wrote:
Wait, there's a way to get wizard101 on a mac?
Does that require bootcamp or something, though? I would love to run wizard101 on my mac...but I'm not too excited about running windows on it, too, since I would only really use windows for wizard101.

Yah. I use this PC for games that I think only work on mac.
But now one of them works on mac and wizard 101 is too. I think... ?

-Taylor Swift BAM

This sucks at y moms house I can use wizard101 because she uses windows and at my dads house I have a mac and I cant run wizard 101 on it and I love wizard101 I am at level 16 and getting higher fast but I cant play wizard 101 on any accounts on a mac I need help NOW!

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Survivor
Sep 24, 2011
Ugh. I wish the game will let me sell my houses that I don't want. Everytime I go to vendor, it won't let me. I need help

Survivor
Oct 12, 2010
hi guys, i just recently got a mac computer and i have to return the computer i currently use to play Wizard101
i would like to know if you get one of the windows discs that put powerpoint, publishes, exel and word on the computer wizard101 should work normal??

could i please get a answer fast please :D

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
CoronaLime on May 27, 2009 wrote:
I've been partially successful at getting Wizard101 to run under CrossOver. CrossOver emulates Windows environment, so you don't need a copy of Windows and you can run in a Virtual Window within MAC.

One key gotcha is that you will need to disable Hardware Cursor in the option settings otherwise you won't see the cursor 'wand'.

You can download and learn more about CrossOver at:
www.codeweavers.com

Best Success!
Yeah but the real issue with CrossOver is you only get 2 weeks free then it costs more than the game itself. And it sucks if you're paying for the game to have to pay for that too.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2012
you can also use this thing called wine bottler i dont think the sound works but you can put on your own music (:

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
wo this thing is so big i dont think i can even finish reading it all wow

Survivor
Jan 19, 2012
how do i run wizard 101 on a mac you guys need to make it available on a mac too.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2012
I wish wizard101 was for mac as well because is not fair like if you have a mac computer and you would like to play wizard101 you can't because it can be played on a winddoor only

Survivor
Sep 06, 2012
Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
i cant find the write permissions bottle on the mac help

Survivor
Feb 04, 2013
Yeah I tried codeweavers as well. They seriously need to change that.
It is such a rip-off to give us a trial version, allows us to download the game, and when the trial ends we can't even use the things we downloaded. I can understand not letting us download more files, but not letting us use the files we already have is bunk.
KingsIsle should really sue these guys for trying to make money off of their free game.
KingsIsle makes nothing off of the initial download and I gladly pay for membership and extra items for an awesome game, however codeweavers makes up to over 60 dollars per purchase and still squeezes us for more by making us pay by year.
This company is making money off of their game respectively which is fine, but they are getting the short end of the stick by letting those guys make money off of them.

On a side note KingsIsle should really not advertise that this runs on an mac without telling us about the extra needed software. They would make more money if they just get someone to make their game compatible with the mac itself. It worked for me on its own for like two days, now it just freezes at the login screen.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Survivor
May 16, 2009
Delver
Dec 18, 2009
I don't know what is happening, but everytime I try to get W101 on my Mac(after the update) it won't work.
So frustrated over here