Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101 On Mac.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
this game was my fav until my windows computer completely broke! Cant you guys just make a version for Mac.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
rocketlauncherdude wrote:
OK, try this:

Installing Wizard101 on an Intel Mac using Wine (Open Source Freeware)

This has worked on a Macbook Pro (OS 10.6) and a Macbook (OS 10.5). Other versions of Wine may work but I’m not volunteering to try them. Also, I have not fully tested this so YMMV and use at your own risk.

1) Download InstallWizard101.exe from https://www.wizard101.com/game/downloadinstructions
2) Download WineBottlerCombo_1.1.44.dmg (BETA) from http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/
3) Double-click WineBottlerCombo_1.1.44.dmg and drag'n'drop Wine to your Applications folder. Forget WineBottler since it isn’t necessary and has additional dependencies (requires Mac Developer Tools and MacPorts).
4) Go to Applications folder and double-click Wine (puts a wineglass in the Apple Menubar)
5) Click on the wineglass and select Configuration > “Prefix created successfully”
6) Close Configuration window (and any other windows)
7) Click on wineglass and select Winetricks
8) Put a check in: d3dx9 (MS d3dx9_??.dll) and vcrun2005
9) Click Apply and close Winetricks
10) Click on wineglass and select Control Panel
11) Double-click Add/Remove Programs and click on Install
12) Navigate to where you downloaded wizard101.exe and select Programs (*.exe) from the drop-down “Files of” window
13) Select InstallWizard101.exe and click open
14) Click Play > sign-on page will show ASCII characters instead of graphics
15) Enter Username and Password and click on Login (sometimes takes twice)
16) Once the Play button appears click on Settings and select Advanced Video Tab
17) Uncheck Fullscreen and Apply
18) Click OK
19) Click Play (the first time loading will take a while)
>>> In Options leave Resolution blank and Fullscreen OFF

To use, navigate to: your home directory/Wine Files/drive_c/Program Files/KingsIsle Entertainment/Wizard101

- right-click wizard101.exe and select Get Info. Change "Open with" to Wine in drop down window (if it isn't already)
- right-click wizard101.exe and select Create Alias. You can then drag this alias to your dock

* You may need to install a later version of X11 (XQuartz) as well. I had to install 2.4.0 on the Macbook. Get it here: http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki

It really worked!!

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
PokemonWisard wrote:
McWizard wrote:
OK I read the thread about how to get Wizard 101 on a Mac, but when you click the "Install" for the game it says you need to download Window Installer 2.0 I downloaded, then it says I need to download files for Installer to work. What files though? Some download, then others have this page of things to read no download, and one said this download has been moved, then it takes me to where it is but I can't find it. Can someone help?
just get crossover :-)

I really wish i can help but I have the same problem :-( i am sad

Survivor
Jul 29, 2008
Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
Survivor
Dec 13, 2011
You have to download codeweavers, you can get the trial (14 days) but you have to pay for the full version. I seriously think it is totally worth it. But ask a parent and remember to save up. :)

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
I can't run Windows 7 on my Mac, and Windows XP is so slow! Please port the game to Mac OS so I don't have to reboot and can experience the game similar to a native Windows 7 PC.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
my friend has a mac and he just wants to try wizard101 so just make one on mac thats for free.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
I had a macbook air and actually had to take it back and get a windows computer because the performance of bootcamp, and codeweavers program was so horrible that it made wizard101 so much less fun.. I really think they should concider.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
Honeybee313 wrote:
Oh well. I guess I have to jump on this bandwagon too.

One of our computer died. :(

And guess what. We got a mac.

Searching the message boards and looking into options, I don't see that I will be playing Wizard101 on my mac any time soon.

That's sad too. I had started a sub-account so that the family could play together at the same time. So it looks like one of the accounts will be going on hold (or away) for a while. No sense paying for two accounts now.
i also have mac but my windows computer died so now i am paying for a acount wich i can not even use so i am tryieng to see how to get windows or how to play on a mac :-( :x

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
I have a MacBook and I would really like to play Wizard 101 without installing Windows for $200. I wish I could play on my Mac. Could Wizard 101 just make it compatible with Mac, too? Please help. :(

Survivor
Jun 09, 2011
kimmyxcore wrote:
I have Boot Camp and Windows Vista downloaded onto my iMac, but I haven't using Boot Camp before and I'm unsure of what exactly to do in order to download Wizard 101.

Someone please help!
):

I've been playing on my mom's PC (with no sound) and the screen is tiny and it's been killing me!

ok in bootcamp what you gotta do is just download it. I think you need bootcamp open though. Either that or download it as a bootcamp file.

Hope this helps! :-)

Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
Unfortunately RIGHT NOW there is no way that wizard101 can be played on mac. Right now I cannot find a link, but wizard101 will be coming out on mac soon :D :D

Survivor
Jun 09, 2011
McWizard wrote:
OK I read the thread about how to get Wizard 101 on a Mac, but when you click the "Install" for the game it says you need to download Window Installer 2.0 I downloaded, then it says I need to download files for Installer to work. What files though? Some download, then others have this page of things to read no download, and one said this download has been moved, then it takes me to where it is but I can't find it. Can someone help?

Wizard101 IS coming out on mac sometime in the near future :) :-) :D
stay tuned for updates 8)

Survivor
Jul 10, 2011
hi, are you makeing a mac form of wizard becuse i tried crossover games but i loss connectin in water works last boss

-nicholas watergem

Survivor
Jul 10, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Wizard101 runs on a Windows enabled computer. To enable Windows on your mac, visit apple.com and follow their instructions. Link below.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3986

but the thing is that costs like 100-200 dollars and codeweavers shuts down paralles lossses connection!

please make mac virsion

Survivor
Oct 15, 2010
hunteray09 wrote:
I want it full on Mac. I don't want to have to download crossover. I wanna go to the website and just start playing like a PC. It would make playing SO much easier rather than playing on an old laptop. Plus, it would get Kingsisle MORE money and players!!!
I agree more money seems like it would make KI happier and i know so many people would be so happt happy happy.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2010
nanagray wrote:
Why is it so difficult to make wiz available for mac users? You're so proud of the fact that you have over 10 million users; this would open it to so many more. I have been playing for eighteen months, two accounts and four wizards higher than level 60. I have had a mac for three years. I ressurected my old computer so I could play this game. My old computer finally died and all I have left is my mac. BTW, have followed the threads you recommend and the three of us can't figure out how to set up my mac for this game. I have boot camp. I guess I will have to cancel our three accounts.

Setting up a mac version would probably make it so costing it wouldn't bee worth it. Windows and mac do not work well together a seat of windows can cost lots (especially win7). It would likely double amount of game costs probably cost millions in dollars to KI and frustration due to down time to players, I say bite the bullet and buy a pc or just dont play they would probably loose half of player base to Minecraft (or another game) which give many freedoms this doesn't in the amount of down time this would need, then again some freedoms are freedoms people don't want their kids to have. So I say maybe once they have free time and they can afford (money wise) to run a backup version or something to play while main was down.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Wizard101 runs on a Windows enabled computer. To enable Windows on your mac, visit apple.com and follow their instructions. Link below.

Listen to what the fairy has to say guys! Prof. Greyrose just said that at Apple.com you can follow their instructions to download Windows Software and play Wizard101 on your Apple Computer.
Now if only there could be Wizard101 on Smartphones, iPhones, and iPods.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2010

I loved her quote it fits right in into her school ... ice !! Im balance and I love it cause u have a little of everything !

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
The only thing I do not like about the Wizard101-on-the-iMac thing is that the problem is, for me, my laptop is broken, and the iMac has a trial unless you buy CrossOver. But, really, I didn't think so. Made me mad the last day the trial was over . But, somehow, my parents told me to fix the laptop (reason it was broken was because the modem is broken). So now, I don't feel like tearing the whole Earth into hundreths :-D. I know some of the faces you fellow wizards would get. Like these: , and for people that are theurgists :(.

Level 68 Necromancer,
Shannon Deathglade