Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Multiple People on the Same Account

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 22, 2008
Hi, my brothers and I share a single account (because there is no point in wasting another $60 on another wizard) and we try to help each other out, but we try to log in and provide fighting support for one another as well, but you don't allow two people on the same account at once. I don't understand why, there isn't a security risk, assuming that you haven't given out your password to any strangers (which you shouldn't do anyway) and there are multiple wizards to use. Okay, so maybe you should tell someone if the wizard they are trying to use is already being played, but if you use one wizard, while your brother is using another, there is no harm done. I just think my opinion should be heard.

Administrator
Young Wizard this question has been asked and answered many times on these message boards.

More than one person cannot log in to an account at the same time, period. If you are logged in to an account, and someone else tries to log in to that account, you will be logged out.

The only way you can all play together is with separate account logins. Please see this post about character transfer requests.
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/16444.ftl

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
proffesser greyrose, i think that he is asking why you cant like whats bad about doing so.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
What's "bad" about it is that a single account is meant for ONE person. Each additional person is expected to PAY for their own account, which is why they offer the family plan. Having multiple players use one account is similar to buying a game, then making several copies of it for your friends to use, which is wrong and illegal. There's no way they are going to allow you to do that, which is what they would be doing if they allowed multiple simultaneous log-ins on one account.

KingsIsle HAS to make money on this game in order to pay their staff, pay for the equipment they use to develope the game, pay for the buildings that house the employees and equipment, and for any other expenses that must be paid in order to keep this game going. They make their money via subscriptions and crown purchases, and in a way, allowing multiple people to use one account is similar to theft. The non paying players are "stealing" game time they should be paying for. I haven't read the terms of use, but it probably states that the purchase of a single subscription only grants you permission for one person to use that account.

Cat