Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Night/Day In The Spiral

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
I think that KI should make a night/day thing for all the Worlds and soon-to-come Worlds. Like, in Wizard City, at say, 6:00p.m.-6a.m. it should be night, and then for the remaining hours it could be day. Give me some feedback.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
MABorth wrote:
I think that KI should make a night/day thing for all the Worlds and soon-to-come Worlds. Like, in Wizard City, at say, 6:00p.m.-6a.m. it should be night, and then for the remaining hours it could be day. Give me some feedback.

Hello MABorth,

I agree. I think this would add a much needed sense of time to the game. I commented on this in another thread recently:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/17977.ftl

Upon searching these message boards, I see that several other threads exist on this topic as well:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/12091.ftl

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/11635.ftl

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/18419.ftl

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/12521.ftl

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 24 (Adept Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Initiate Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Pyromancer)

Historian
May 15, 2009
this could not because KI has players ALL over the world and times are different for everyone and couldnt be set for everyone to be happy

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:
this could not because KI has players ALL over the world and times are different for everyone and couldnt be set for everyone to be happy

Hello Magician,

Actually, this isn't an issue at all. The time of day does not have to appear the same for all users. What you and I see on our screens is what is generated by our own individual computers.

So it could be midnight for me and noon for you, and neither of us would ever know the difference.

As I have indicated in my other post, there are definately times when it would be better to have the time of day synchronized. For instance, when I'm in my home and you visit me, you should be put into my time of day. In other words, if it's 10pm my time, then when you visit me at my home, it should be dark for you, even if it is noon in your local time.

Anyway... The timezones of the different users really is of no consequence.

Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Sorcerer)

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:

How about the game asks you what time zone you use and then it knows what time to make it day or night for that player in the game.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
taxon101 wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:

How about the game asks you what time zone you use and then it knows what time to make it day or night for that player in the game.
I am not sure if thats a privacy violation even though they ask for where you live. So is it a violation

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
taxon101 wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:

I am not sure if thats a privacy violation even though they ask for where you live. So is it a violation

Hello Fred,

Actually, the game could get this information directly from the operating system automatically. It wouldn't even have to ask the user for any information. Unless of course, they wanted to make it configurable. Like offset from what your real-life time is.
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Sorcerer)