Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Privates with warlord gear

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
I see privates with warlord gear on. I know this is cause they were warlords and ranked down and didnt take off the gear. But should this be aloud Deigo? or should this be reported? Sense they arent warlords anymore it doesnt seem like they should have this gear on due to it not being fair to others that have the gear but cant put it on

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Very true...no are warlords...then why do they have the gear? Passed from the famliy? :? :? :? :?

Defender
May 31, 2009
But should this be aloud Deigo? or should this be reported?

A very good question, indeed. I, for one, think that Captain or Commander gear should be allowed for one level BELOW and higher - once you lose that rank, you can no longer put on that gear. As it is now, you only have to be that rank to BUY the gear - any rank can wear it.

Why one level below? Imagine if you will that you JUST make Commander and then lose your next match - I don't think you should have to give up your gear. However, rank below that level, then you should have to rank up again with everyone else in that rank. This should prevent the Fully-Loaded Private v. Just-Starting PVP Private matches.

Regardless, unless KI changes this, this is NOT a reportable offense! You may not like it, but it's allowed by the game and those doing it are not breaking any rule.

mlb

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
I see privates with warlord gear on.

Hello Alec,

I have to agree with you on this one. It seems that the ranked match system bases the matches on PVP rank. However, a new private level 28 shouldn't be matched with a private who was once a warlord, wears arena gear, and is a grandmaster.

In my personal opinion, the ranking system should simply take this gear into account and only match people together who have similar gear. Likewise, wizard level and spell capabilities should be taken into account as well.

But your idea of simply disallowing warlord gear if you're not a warlord, is probably a very simple solution to this problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 24 (Adept Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Initiate Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Pyromancer)

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
I see privates with warlord gear on. I know this is cause they were warlords and ranked down and didnt take off the gear. But should this be aloud Deigo? or should this be reported? Sense they arent warlords anymore it doesnt seem like they should have this gear on due to it not being fair to others that have the gear but cant put it on

1 or 2 reasons, First, it may be crown gear, other reason, probably -1 bug, I have barely any knowledge of it, so it may be, it may not.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Cas~ Yes i know it isnt reportable. And it is veteran and warlord gear
Peas~ I dont think the gear should be accounted then 4v4 start ups would take hours.
Angel~ Isnt a glitch and it is ARENA gear not crown

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
Ever remember typing these words to a chain stunning thread?

"Then don't pvp, its not a requirement!"

Complain about complainers and then complain yourself? Not very smart.

Defender
May 31, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
Cas~ Yes i know it isnt reportable. And it is veteran and warlord gear

lol! Then why ask the question "should this be reported?" If you don't want an answer, don't ask a question!

On your second point, I stand corrected. Sort of. You are correct that there is Arena gear available to Veteran players, NOT Captains as I mentioned. However, there is no such thing as Warlord Arena gear. It has been the subject of much discussion that there should be Warlord gear, but to date the best gear out there is in fact available to Commander Level players and above. People often refer to it as Warlord Gear (such as yourself) because mostly they are the ones who wear it, but in fact it is Commander gear. Check for yourself, and you'll see that the icon is Commander, not Warlord.

Not that any of this changes anything, mind you, but since you seemed so keen to correct me I thought it only proper to set things straight.

mlb

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Caspeen wrote:
But should this be aloud Deigo? or should this be reported?

A very good question, indeed. I, for one, think that Captain or Commander gear should be allowed for one level BELOW and higher - once you lose that rank, you can no longer put on that gear. As it is now, you only have to be that rank to BUY the gear - any rank can wear it.

Why one level below? Imagine if you will that you JUST make Commander and then lose your next match - I don't think you should have to give up your gear. However, rank below that level, then you should have to rank up again with everyone else in that rank. This should prevent the Fully-Loaded Private v. Just-Starting PVP Private matches.

Regardless, unless KI changes this, this is NOT a reportable offense! You may not like it, but it's allowed by the game and those doing it are not breaking any rule.

mlb

Correct. You just have to be at the rank to get it, but you can wear it at any time, even if you aren't that rank anymore. It is fine that way, doesn't need to be changed.

Hero
May 19, 2009
[Bumbed]

I cant stand these guys, plz just make pvp commander gear for ranks commander or higher. If they lose their rank the gear should auto-unequip. Its not fair that these guys get to fight againt lower ranks without top of the line gear, i've had on several occassions the game winning kill only for them to resest 35-40% and thus cling to life with only 35 health. I could understand this being acceptable if i was fighting commanders and warlords, but right now i'm at veteran and fighting others of the same rank who happen to have commander gear. Its called COMMANDER GEAR nuff said.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
the people earned it. let them use it!
did you know some people literally cant do 1v1 anymore because their rank is so high?
did you also know that when they get that high of a rank, they rank down to get matches?
and did you know this, some people literally rank too fast so rank down to get tickets!
I say let them use it, it is better experience for you to have to fight them then. look, you fight a person with full gear and win, you feel good about it
no one likes losing, so dont come here every time you do