Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Invisible enemy?

AuthorMessage
Delver
May 04, 2009
I was just fighting in the Haunted Cave on Triton Avenue. I got into a battle with a Rotting Fodder. When the fight started, he became INVISIBLE. He was still casting spells at me, and putting up shields on himself. When I selected a card to cast at him, it wouldn't let me cast it. Two more wizards joined the fight, which brought in two more Rotting Fodders. We beat the last two okay, but none of us could cast a spell on the INVISIBLE one. We had to flee to end the battle.

I did send an e-mail to Help and Support explaining the problem. Not sure if anyone else has seen this.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Did you have the 2-D combat display on, if so, then you could have just selected the health display to attack him.

If it was on and you still couldn't attack him, then idk what's wrong.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Hollen1233 wrote:
I was just fighting in the Haunted Cave on Triton Avenue. I got into a battle with a Rotting Fodder. When the fight started, he became INVISIBLE. He was still casting spells at me, and putting up shields on himself. When I selected a card to cast at him, it wouldn't let me cast it. Two more wizards joined the fight, which brought in two more Rotting Fodders. We beat the last two okay, but none of us could cast a spell on the INVISIBLE one. We had to flee to end the battle.

I did send an e-mail to Help and Support explaining the problem. Not sure if anyone else has seen this.

This has happened in the past, and people solved it by clicking on the 'banner' with the name of the creature that appears.

Delver
May 04, 2009
I'm not sure about the 2-D combat display. I'll have to check that out.

And for "clicking on the banner", I didn't know about that one. I'll try it if it should happen again. (Hope it doesn't...)

Thanks for the comments.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009

hollen did you look up because when i was fighting the monster was FLOATING!!! and i could not attack it either!

Delver
May 04, 2009
Blackm4gik32 wrote:

hollen did you look up because when i was fighting the monster was FLOATING!!! and i could not attack it either!

Yep. I looked all around. Couldn't see anything until the other guys came into the fight. Never did see the first guy again. But he was there. He kept hitting me with damage. But I couldn't hit him. :?

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
Something Similar happened to me. I was fighting a Rotting Fodder, but when we killed it, it was still casting spells and stuff, but it wasnt there. Sure, we could still attack it, too, but it wouldnt die!
I guess that's why they call it "Un-dead" 8)

Ian ThunderFlame, lvl 36 Diviner, with Barney the Firezilla.