Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Dragon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2010
My son and I play this and all he wants right now is a pet dragon. Is there any way to get one for him? Apparently I can't give one to him, and he can't seem to save his money long enough to buy one himself, so is there anyway to get one for him? Some place that sells them for crowns?

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Hmm..
There is sadly, no pets you cant buy from vendors.
Yes, there is the
friendly dragon,
etc.
But those are sorta hard to get.

~Dakota Dawn

Just saying,
the dragons on the test realm are newbie wizards =D

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
tskoffina wrote:
My son and I play this and all he wants right now is a pet dragon. Is there any way to get one for him? Apparently I can't give one to him, and he can't seem to save his money long enough to buy one himself, so is there anyway to get one for him? Some place that sells them for crowns?

Best way to do this is to buy a gift card with a dragon and place it onto his account. https://www.wizard101.com/game/giftcards
This page will tell you which come with dragons (Toys'r'us, Blockbuster, 7-11)

Delver
May 29, 2009
tskoffina wrote:

If you are willing to use crowns, then you can buy gold with the crowns and gift those to him. Just make sure you tell him that "sudden appearance of abundant gold" is for the purchase of his dragon.

Hope this helps and he enjoys his new dragon.

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress
Tatiana Fairyglade Grandmaster Theurgist
Brianna Mooncloud Grandmaster Diviner

Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
Defender
Oct 14, 2009
z189ack wrote:

Just saying,

That bug was just fixed!

Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
tskoffina wrote:

an idea is buy the cheapest pet (blood bat at pet shop)

Survivor
Jul 09, 2008
z189ack wrote:
Hmm..

Not necessarily, I have a pioneer dragon which was available to the Beta Testers just before or as the game went live to the public. But generally, yes.

As for the original question, I haven't seen any dragons available for crowns.. but crowns can buy gold..

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
tskoffina wrote:

I just bought a gift card at 7-Eleven. It gave a red Sturdy Dragon as a pet. Not sure if buying a gift card is available to you or not?? (You also can choose either 5,000 crowns or a subscription when you redeem the card.)

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
tskoffina wrote:

NOTE: Not sure if you saw my first post to your reply yet, but I also just went on the game, and the Wizard City Pet Shop has red dragons.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
z189ack wrote:
Hmm..
There is sadly, no pets you cant buy from vendors.
Yes, there is the
friendly dragon,
etc.
But those are sorta hard to get.

~Dakota Dawn

Just saying,
true (It is funny when you have them in the cannon game)

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
tskoffina wrote:

Sorry to come back again...but I was thinking. If you and your son both play on the same account, you can buy the red dragon (at the pet shop) and you can go to your dorm room. Put the red dragon in your "shared bank", and then your son can log on, go to his dorm room and pick up the pet from his "shared account". :D

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
I have seen a dragon for sale at the Bazaar, in Olde Town. There are other pets auctioned off at the Bazaar, also. The goat from Moo Shu was there, the other day. No spells or enhancements but it looks cool.

If you have seen Wizard101's list of stores that sell gift cards for $10 or $20, I think that you will find a store near you. The gift cards give you a pet and crowns (or pays for subscription) ... but best of all, the gift card pets have a spell or enhancement which you probably won't get if you just buy a pet from Pet Shop or Bazaar. Every month, the pet changes. You could buy a card today (May) and if you redeemed it you might get a dragon but if you kept that card for 2 months, for example, then you would get the pet that is listed for July (maybe it would be a ninja pig or a different kind of dragon). This month I decided to get the dragon from Toys r Us so that I could get the Guiding Light spell.

As a suggestion, your son might want to "farm" for a pet. These pets usually have a spell or enhancement attached. Free. He should be doing "farming" anyway so that he can get the best gear for his wizard (to make him a stronger and cooler looking wizard). Student wizards have been kind enough to make lists (and update them) as to where you can get a pet or gear ... it is called a "drop". You can do a search on this forum or on the internet for farming pets or farming or farming gear or guides to farming, etc. Also, be sure to read some of the fan sites that Wizard101 has approved ... you will save time and money ... and have more fun ... by learning what other wizards have experienced. Also you can join in with a group of wizards to farm or do a difficult instance like Big Ben.