Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scrap Iron = Cruel Joke

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
I keep looking for scrap iron. I found enough to do ONE Crafting project and that took me a MONTH.

WizardWarrior1193 mentions in another post to google for maps of reagents, but when I did that I got pages of other stuff and could not find any such "maps" If anyone knows a link for this wonderful gift I am quite sure that many of us would appreciate such knowledge, as WizardWarrior1193 could not be bothered to let us in on it. :?

I am a lvl 48 and STILL can't get passed my marleybone crafting, which is ridiculous as I have gone thru marleybone, krok, mooshu and dragonspyre. ugh!!! This does NOT make crafting fun, but really irritating. Irritating enough that my son quit the game!

Community Leader
My favorite place is in the newgate prison up by the o leary brutes just run back and forth.
There are many helpful guides and Maps go to wizard Community then click on fan sites, wizard101 central( fan site) has a very detailed map.
once you get there click on crafting and find reagent maps in the sticky posts

Hope this helps.

Hero
May 27, 2009
If you are level 48, you should be able to do Big Ben - this is a great source for scrap iron, and if you solo, you'll have all the spawns to yourself. Exit before the top level if you don't want to fight Meowriarty. Personally, I find my scrap iron at the ends of Newgate Prison - use the teleporters and check outside each bosses' hideout, Blue, Yellow, Green, change realms and repeat until you find what you need. Maps are only good if no one else is using the same map and beating you to the spawns.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Matreya wrote:
I keep looking for scrap iron. I found enough to do ONE Crafting project and that took me a MONTH.

WizardWarrior1193 mentions in another post to google for maps of reagents, but when I did that I got pages of other stuff and could not find any such "maps" If anyone knows a link for this wonderful gift I am quite sure that many of us would appreciate such knowledge, as WizardWarrior1193 could not be bothered to let us in on it. :?

I am a lvl 48 and STILL can't get passed my marleybone crafting, which is ridiculous as I have gone thru marleybone, krok, mooshu and dragonspyre. ugh!!! This does NOT make crafting fun, but really irritating. Irritating enough that my son quit the game!

Usually by the time I finish Marley, I have enough from just casual gathering. But, if you didn't, you need to farm if you are serious.

Farming Scrap Metal:
1) Select a movement path in MB that takes 1-2 mins to traverse. This should have a minimum of three spawn sites.
2) Move through the path, switch realms, run through the path in the reverse direction, switch realms, etc.

Two scrap iron runs:
1) Regent Square: Just beyond Diagmore (towards Westminster), past the palace, to just beyond's Sherlock's place. FIVE spawn points. Under 1 min movement.
2) Chelsea: Take the first right to the dead-end. Three spawn sites behind the skylights. Less than one min to check the three sites.

Note 1: Do not compete. If you can't find any scrap on your trips, it means someone else is farming. Switch to another run.
Note 2: If you are serious, you must do this at a time when the players are low. No idea if you are east or west coast, etc...but, if you are east coast, do it before 8 am, if west coast, after 10 pm, etc.
Note 3: If you can't plan on a serious run for any reason, you can buy at the bazaar...when I am there there are always a few pieces when I look.

Note 4: Scrap Iron is easy to find compared to Black Lotus in your MS crafting.
Note 5: DS crafting makes Black Lotus collecting seem like a piece of cake.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
if you go up and down the street that digmoore station is on and change realms over and over you can pick some up there.
i got scrap by the tons .
good luck:)
monica sanddust
Grand Mastrer LIFE

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Go to Chelsea Ct. Take your first right, go to the dead-end. Look on both sides of the rooftop you are on, then change realms. Keep changing realms, and especially go to the realms that aren't crowded! It took me less than an hour to get over 18 pieces of scrap iron!

Rogan Firehammer

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
Idk if you knew this, but you can buy a recipe to transmute scrap iron. Found at a local recipe vendor in Marlybone. :)

Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
ok i must be the most luckiest person in the spiral becuase i usualy exept my crafting quest and the zeke quests at the beggining of a world and i go thruogh it and uselly find items as i go my favorite place to get scrap iron is at 6-12 pm west coast on a perfect server and i usaully get about 5 piecies aday so try my stratagy

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
I have had the same problem, so I know what your going through.
1) Find a perfect realm
2) Go to Regent's Square
3) Run along the OUTSIDE of Regent's Square (There should be Scrap Iron along the walls somewhere)
4) When you have run through the outside, switch realms, etc.
5) If you can't find enough in Regent's Square, go to Chelsea Court and take the first right you see. There should be Scrap Iron along the left side.

Amber DawnWhisper lvl 45 life

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Sigh, my two favorite farming spots announced to the world. Oh woe is me! 8)

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
Thats the problem. There is just not enough scrap iorn. A while ago it used to be 5 of each item instead of 2 of each item. I would check the bazaar every once in a while to see if there is any. It sells quickly.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Actually, I was just kidding. You really don't need to farm scrap iron if you pay attention. My newest character (5 days old) has just finished Ironworks, and has half the scrap iron needed (16) in just random finding it... by the time you finish the clocktowers and big ben, you should have enough for all the 4 crafted items.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Yeah!! Me too! I'm level 45. I still cannot get anymore of Scrap Iron at Marleybone area. This is total insane!! Why can anyone give a better help to get more Scrap Irons for Crafting?? Tell it to the webmaster to get more Scrap Iron now!!!

Matreya wrote:

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
I have learned the fastest way to find stuff is REALM jumping , I had to find a lot of Mistwood and Scrap Iron and Marley Bone has it in the Square
I kept real jumping and flying around.Only spent about 1 minute in every realm. You have to wait 1 minute to jump again but This worked fast . Also worked great for Stone blocks in Krosphinkx and Black Lotus in MooSho

Happy Hunting

FYI

Same thing goes for battles if your having a problem beating a certain creature or a big boss

REALM JUMP to the more crowded realms and you just might find what you need HELP

Have fun

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Matreya wrote:

If you think scrap iron is tough, just wait till you get to Black Pearls. I need 16 of those to make 2 Flamesoul Cloaks for the crafting quest in Dragonspyre, and I have only been able to acquire one! I got tired of running around Mooshu waiting for them to drop off the lotuses, so I tried buying them from the bazaar, but there aren't any. It's terribly frustrating to invest all that time in the low-level crafting quests only to discover that the higher level quests are IMPOSSIBLE.

I stopped playing the game for several months, and I was truly optimistic that some of these issues would have been resolved by now. Unfortunately not. I was looking forward to playing this game with my son over summer break, but it's only the 1st day and I'm already annoyed lol.

The scrap iron is comparatively easy to obtain. Just go find a place in Marleybone that has a couple scrap iron spawns. I believe I used an L-shaped stretch in Chelsea Court. Run the length of that stretch, collect 1 or 2 scrap irons if you're lucky, then change realms and repeat. I don't remember how long it took, but it was doable. The black pearls? Not so much.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
lisiedawn wrote:
If you think scrap iron is tough, just wait till you get to Black Pearls.

I would forget about farming the pearls themselves and get the recipe to make them. I believe they require Black Lotuses, which -- conveniently -- is what they might be contained in anyway.

So farm the lotuses till you're blue in the face (or buy them when you can at the Bazaar) and make the pearls.

Yes, it's annoying, but at least that way you can use all the lotuses you'll be getting anyway.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Akylax wrote:
lisiedawn wrote:
If you think scrap iron is tough, just wait till you get to Black Pearls.

I would forget about farming the pearls themselves and get the recipe to make them. I believe they require Black Lotuses, which -- conveniently -- is what they might be contained in anyway.

So farm the lotuses till you're blue in the face (or buy them when you can at the Bazaar) and make the pearls.

Yes, it's annoying, but at least that way you can use all the lotuses you'll be getting anyway.

It is wicked annoying. I farmed for an hour to get 55 lotuses (and zero black pearls), with which I was able to create 3 black pearls at my crafting station. Now keep in mind I need 16 black pearls for that one quest. If the extremely low drop rate holds true, that equals 6 hours of farming for one quest. I'm loathe to do that myself, and I can guarantee my child wouldn't have the patience for it.

I can understand making things rare at the outset, so the most dedicated players are rewarded with having the coolest items before anyone else does. But crafting got released a long time ago. The fact that you still can't obtain reagents within a reasonable period of time or even buy them at the bazaar for exorbitant amounts of gold means there truly isn't enough to support the user population. I was shocked to find several people farming black lotuses the other night at 2am.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
lisiedawn wrote:
It is wicked annoying. I farmed for an hour to get 55 lotuses (and zero black pearls), with which I was able to create 3 black pearls at my crafting station. Now keep in mind I need 16 black pearls for that one quest. If the extremely low drop rate holds true, that equals 6 hours of farming for one quest. I'm loathe to do that myself, and I can guarantee my child wouldn't have the patience for it.

I should have said more, I think, in my last post. I agree with you completely! The farming quests are too darned hard, and I'm not even up to the Black Pearl quest (whatever that is).

I sympathize with the KI folks, though. They need to make the gathering quests hard enough to take time to do (you're not expected to do them in a day or two; you're expected to collect them while doing other quests). At the same time, they can't make them too hard.

So the Black Pearl quest probably needs a tweak. :) I wouldn't be surprised if it was a single line of code that determined the percentage of Pearls that appeared from Lotuses. Or maybe reduce the number of Lotuses needed to craft one.

Till then, I'll just plug away. Shame you can't trade regents between characters.