Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Experience after Level 50/teleporting

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
Yesterday my husband and I both reached level 50. We were under the impression that you can't get additional experience past that point until the expansion but he has 280 and I have 1,286 (or so) on our bars. We noticed that today we haven't added any additional to those totals. So we seem to be at level 50 plus a little bit of change. Just curious if this generally happens or if there is something strange going on.

Also, we've had a few issues with teleporting and siguls recently. Hitting go to friend and then briefly disappearing and reappearing in the same place we just left as well as getting stuck on siguls, unable to move anywhere but able to get free by teleporting to the other person after they move somewhere else. It's only happened a few times, but it was strange.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
It is common to have some xp over lvl fifty. Seems like the next quest does count just after you lvl up.

AND

I get stuck in sigils a lot. Usually when someone ports on me or the other person backs out has a tendency to cause that. If that could be fixed that would be great otherwise i have worked around that by either porting to the person in the instance i am going or leaving and coming back in the game. I got so used to it I forgot to complain But now I know I am not the only one.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
I noticed this also and asked why the exprience points for the rest of the quests don't count on the level 50 bar. the extra points aren't enough to take you into level 51 so i would have thought they would let us have them and just stop us accumulating points from battles.
i have 5 Grandmasters now and have saved the final collection on loads of quests for when the cap is raised, i make sure to do Grizzlehiem and run through the game to Malistaire( but don't fight him, at least not when it's my quest) then i do side quests to take me to grand, i do the final battle but not collection.
each guy has about 15k waiting to be collected from people like zeke in ds and the king in grizzlehiem and the prospector in crystal etc.
i'm thinking it will give me a head start in Celestia and also not braek my heart by doing the quests for nothing.

Administrator
apostlesmock wrote:
I noticed this also and asked why the exprience points for the rest of the quests don't count on the level 50 bar. the extra points aren't enough to take you into level 51 so i would have thought they would let us have them and just stop us accumulating points from battles.
i have 5 Grandmasters now and have saved the final collection on loads of quests for when the cap is raised, i make sure to do Grizzlehiem and run through the game to Malistaire( but don't fight him, at least not when it's my quest) then i do side quests to take me to grand, i do the final battle but not collection.
each guy has about 15k waiting to be collected from people like zeke in ds and the king in grizzlehiem and the prospector in crystal etc.
i'm thinking it will give me a head start in Celestia and also not braek my heart by doing the quests for nothing.

Sorry to disappoint you young Wizard, but no record of experience is kept after you reach level 50, As we have stated on these message boards before, any experience you would have gained from quests or duels after you've reached level 50 is not credited and is gone forever.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
that makes no sense to me. if i have the quest still outstanding e.g. i haven't collected my points off zeke for the stone roses quest yet, why when the cap is raised would i not be attributed the points?
i have outstanding on one of my guys.
2420 from Vidor Drakesmith,
2280 from Kozel Toothtamer,
2420 from Darkstone,
550 from Valgard Goldenblade,
2280 from Zarek Pickmaster,

so best part of 10k outstanding.

if i leave the collection until the cap goes up why will i not get the points?