Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What significance?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
OK, so I have been playing Wizard101 for almost as long as it has been out, and when I want to meet my real friend we always meet in Gamma's room. I just want to ask what significance does Gamma have in the game besides the tutorial and tutorial tips.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
Are you saying that Prof. Ambrose shouldn't have a pet? I like Gamma and envy his room. Think of Gamma as Prof. Ambroses' familiar and brain trust without which Ambrose communication with wizards would be so above their heads that they would be very hard put to get started on their next major quests. And the proof of that is when you are called to Prof. Ambroses home for an important message only to end up in Gammas room to wonder in point of exactly how old is Prof. Ambrose and the model of the spires shows he has to keep up with massive worlds and think of the number of students that he has to deal with. I mean seriously, a person of his paygrade in similar institiutions would not know the name of the students trusting the faculty would take care of the training issues while he deals with public images, board of directors, and other official tasks. Fact is, given that he takes the time to assure that wizards properly go about their next major phase is pretty impressive, and that cant be done but with the assistance of Gamma.

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
Really? You have that much time to think about and type that? I was asking does he do ANYTHING for quests or to help you???? Not about simplifying what Ambrose says??

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
Defender
Aug 15, 2009
Ok grumpy, short answer is no. Gamma gives advice early but once you get the hang of things he is JUST Prof. Ambrose pet. He does not give quests however, I am sure that KI reserves the right to change that as would be appropriate from the new pet stuff. Like maybe a pet related quest. As of yet no quests from Gamma.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I don't get it.

You have no problem accepting that a cow, a frog, a fairy, a dog and a krok can be teachers. Or that throughout the spiral, you get quests and help from animals that speak and are intelligent.

Yet Gamma is Professor Ambrose's PET? Why?

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
Ok, for one thing I am NOT "grumpy". If you ask me I think the level 48 pet quest should be given from Gamma since she is a pet her/his self. By the way, what gender is Gamma?

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Why is there a floor and a sky in the game? Why do we have all this detail? It just adds to the experience. So why can't Ambrose have a pet? Just keeps adding on the the experiance. But Gamma does help with a quest, well... sort of. As far as I have gone I have only talked to him once (not including the tutorial). Its the quest where you have to find out the history of wizard city. But since I am not completely through the game, I still have yet to find out if I have to talk to Gamma again. Oh and Gamma is a boy (I think).

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
As far as I can tell Gamma is Ambrose's pet because he chooses to be and its what it says in the story lines

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Greek letter.....Character
> alpha .................. Ambrose
> beta ................... Bartleby
> gamma ............... Gamma

then maybe Dworgyn, etc....

no idea if there is any connection to this, but maybe??? :?

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
If he just is his pet why does he have his OWN room and desk??? Do our pets have that??? The answer is NO! they do not.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
They will lol
Now go to gammas room look at gamma perched on his perch under his name reads "AMBROSE'S PET" there that is as plain and factual as i can get.