Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

unable to collect books/ light crystals

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2009
I have a fire wizard that just got to DS. At the end of Mooshu I noticed that I was unable to collect the last two books--i could get to the book and my quest said it was the right one, but I didn't have an option to click X. Then I completed the first tower in DS and fought to get to the crystal-and it won't let me turn it on!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Tara

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
wyethia wrote:
I have a fire wizard that just got to DS. At the end of Mooshu I noticed that I was unable to collect the last two books--i could get to the book and my quest said it was the right one, but I didn't have an option to click X. Then I completed the first tower in DS and fought to get to the crystal-and it won't let me turn it on!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Tara

The books were supposed to be a "No Quest Helper" quest and will be that way with the update. There is an issue with the quest helper in that regardless if you need the book or not, it will point to the closest book. The book you are attempting to get (and the one that your quest helper is pointing to) may not be the actual book you need to clear this quest line. Look at the fine details of the books you still need to get location details. You may find the quest helper is misleading you into going to a book you have already collected.

As far as the crystals go, I believe that the quest line runs like this: You run around and light the colored crystals in the area under the covering behind Zarathax to open a portal. Of course, there are a lot of bosses in between all these crystals. The quest helper can be helpful, but sometimes a bit confusing. It may send you to a dead end (in this case the spot you need may be above you or below you). Look around to help the quest helper help you find the spot you need. You will be looking for a door that you pass through to reach a platform with monsters on it. Around these monsters should be the crystal you are needing to light. Once you have lit all the crystals, you will come to a portal created by the lighting of those crystals. Hope this helped.