Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rare Pets Hatching

AuthorMessage
Squire
May 10, 2013
aluvian40 on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
I'm not gonna challenge you, I know what I've done, and what my wife and daughter have done.
We have all hatched pets that we couldn't equip, of course we didn't want to equip the pet on
those character, so your challenging me is pointless.

I know what school a Triton is a part of, and I agree, if you try hatching a Triton with an old
school (noob) dragon, then all you will get is a dragon with storm talents and maybe a higher
pedigree, nothing more.

In the mean time maybe I'll cya on the game. You could show me which pets you've hatched and
explain to me why or how you can only hatch pets you can equip, because where I stand you're
telling me that if I took the adult ice colossus and the adult wraith into the hatchery, which I do not
need to have equipped, to hatch them with my life character, that the only pet I would or must get
is a hybrid so that I can equip it. Because if that's the case, then you're just trying to hide something
that allot of hatchers have been using for a long time now, again, considering the hatchery allows
for a single person to go in with 2 adult or older pets, to hatch for a single hatching with maybe one of
those pets being equipped, or not.
I'm fine of hatching with you, and again, I know about Pedigrees.

If you have a Danger Hound we can probably make a different creature together.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
There must be some glitch because I got a fog unicorn from hatching.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
PlayHard101 on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
I'm fine of hatching with you, and again, I know about Pedigrees.

If you have a Danger Hound we can probably make a different creature together.
well if anything, my life character is named Artur DreamWeaver, or storm is named Artur WindForge,
and I'm normally in the seraph realm, and you can find me in the bazaar usually. see you there

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Professor Greyrose on May 7, 2010 wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose
Prof. Greyrose,

What are my best chances of getting a Shadow Beast if I have an adult Desert Beast?

Timothy Pearlflower, L90 Ice

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
kswgdog112 on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
There must be some glitch because I got a fog unicorn from hatching.
Then I would Love to hatch with you . Please tell me where and when and what realm.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
Jrl613 on May 26, 2010 wrote:
80,000 is a LOT Could we pay in crowns too
If we could pay in crowns, that would be really bad!!!

It's so easy to get lots of gold. All you have to do is just go to wintertusk, go to vestrilund and farm some bosses there. Easy!!

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
What it comes down to is it takes too long to train a pet to Mega, and KI rips little kids off of their money that KI knows they dont have half the time for snacks. They call it challenging, i call it greed. So there you have it, win win for KI and the kids are left hanging. Yea the ones that made this game what it is.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Haha ... wish I'd read this sooner. Now it's too late to earn the 100,000 I spent on hatching

Charles Nightsword, Level 36 See you in the Spiral! (or not)

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
Professor Greyrose on May 7, 2010 wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose
Ty that help so much... lol

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
What kind of crosses does one have to make in order to receive the winged orange tabby cat pet? I am DESPERATELY searching for the answer to this! I really want one of those. :(

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
TheTattooedGirl on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
What kind of crosses does one have to make in order to receive the winged orange tabby cat pet? I am DESPERATELY searching for the answer to this! I really want one of those. :(
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Mythic_Beast

It's not a hybrid, it's a pet from the Hoard of the Hydra Pack. So it's either try your luck with card packs or find someone who will hatch one with you.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2010
I have hatched with a lot of hybrids and I never got anything that I didn't want so far, so if I am correct I am a really lucky wizard or that hybrids should always work because you can't get other's school pets only yours, so hybrids might be 100% of getting it. Like I said its that or me being very lucky when I hatch with hybrids

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
rare pets hatching(i only read the first page of this message board) is 80,000 gold, then it is NOT worth it.
My brother hoped to get a fire dragon. So he mixed his dragon with his fire cat and got the same balance
dragon. and he spent lik 37,000 gold!!! Hatching rare pets should be 30k/40k, and common pets should be 10k/20k.

Thanks,
Danielle
PS my brother hatched a storm hound(rare) with a fiendish foo dog and spent 36k. Is the fiendish foo dog rare or common, because depending on that i might have to change my opinion. o. O

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
wizard101fanatic44... on Sep 30, 2013 wrote:
If we could pay in crowns, that would be really bad!!!

It's so easy to get lots of gold. All you have to do is just go to wintertusk, go to vestrilund and farm some bosses there. Easy!!
some people cant go to wintertusk. but your right, its easy to get a lot of gold. Just do your quests and you will have a lot of gold. Get rid of useless items(unless you decide otherwise,) by selling them. You should have a lot of gold in no time.
Danielle

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
whats the chance of getting a rescue rover?( its ultra rare) I really want one and how much do you think it would be(cost) if i hatched it with a unicorn? (I feel silly for just having a adult unicorn.)
Danille

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
I know you guys have had some, eh, "Problems" About hatching. I agree. I have hatched over 250 different pets, and i have NEVER gotten a hybrid. The best way to get a powerful hybrid, Is to hatch with pets that you can get from your wizard trainer dude.
So for example, I could hatch a stormzilla with a forest lord and have an EXTREMELY high chance of getting a Storm forest lord dude.

-Lucas Drakecoin, 49

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
MagicCookie9 on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
I know you guys have had some, eh, "Problems" About hatching. I agree. I have hatched over 250 different pets, and i have NEVER gotten a hybrid. The best way to get a powerful hybrid, Is to hatch with pets that you can get from your wizard trainer dude.
So for example, I could hatch a stormzilla with a forest lord and have an EXTREMELY high chance of getting a Storm forest lord dude.

-Lucas Drakecoin, 49
Really I have a forest lord on my life wizard. What will judgement do with your stormzilla because my balance wizard will like to see what happens and my balance wizard. Like to collect rare pet from hatching.

Amy LVL 84

Jordan talon lvl 70

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
I have forest lord and judgement to hatch and I will even get my old scarecrow pet that my old death wizard had. I remove my old death wizard for a new death wizard.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2010
Is there anyway i can get a pet like,

Wolly mammoth

Little polar bear ( I don't know the real name of the pet)

If you have one please tell me how you got it.

Alex Silverstone level 57

Survivor
May 30, 2011
Where can i get a storm beetle ? If any one can answer this I would really like to know thank you.

Jennifer Rose Blossom

Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
For those of you who are looking for help on hatching. The best site for me is wizard wiki. They help me so much with wizard and it will list the different pets available to the hatching process. Usually the best way for me to get gold is to make some new friends by helping new players advance into the game. Just by doing that you obtain a bit of gear to sell at the bazaar.

I agree that the pet leveling is a bit tedious but if it was easy there would be no system and everyone would have everything they wanted , which would make the pet system null and void :) So sometimes we have to trust our game makers and remember that they will be expanding these things to the best of their ability.

Survivor
May 28, 2011
This one might help everyone out there who's actually seeking for Better pet talents.
Here's my advice to you all :
1)you might looking for pedigree,rare,or simply just talents regardless of the pets.
2)I can only advice to anyone just to train the pet you'd like up to adult and hatch with another pets.
3)make sure use pet with the same school with you it benefit back to you in the process.
4)if you are looking a pet in particular then you made your choice cause takes time to get a right pet.
Good luck!

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
Those are great ideas! Let me help!

Shadow
Sea Serpent
Strom Serpent
Bone hound
Ninja Follower [human]
Shadow Hound
Liger [Lion and Tiger in one]
Griffon
Bat
Vampire Follower
Demon
Demon Follower
Battle Tiger
Battle Lion
Wolf
Battle Wolf
Night Bat
Star bat
Bone Bat
Lava T-Rex

And that's all I got right now! Headache from thinking to much!

-Wolf OwlStone-

Survivor
Jun 25, 2013
Anybody want to hatch with me I have a charred fossil and sun serpent that I want to have good stats.

If you want to hatch answer this post

#tylershadowgem

Survivor
May 27, 2011
XD. I payed 592k for a hatchery, and I got a Egg (The Easter pet.) but it had tiger stripes.
I first was like YAY i'm hatching!, ... Then when i got it i was like... !