Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rare Pets Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 19, 2012
Cameron, This might be a little late but get sime crowns and go to crowns shop and buythe snack packs the "super" one. I bought some the day I got banned for 5 days so.......... cant level my storm hound for pvp sadly

Matthew Lifecrafter Level 46 Life

Justin breeze level 5 storm PvP Sergeant

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
I'm quite angry that my ancient friendly dragon is retired. Now, all it hatches are annoying (no offfense) baby buddy dragons! I want my ancient friendly dragon to be USEFUL! Please, I want something different!
-Kristen Daisyleaf

Survivor
Feb 23, 2012
:x What will give me a good rare pet with Utility Dragon and ...? i gonna hatch but i dont wanna get a regular pet

Survivor
Mar 10, 2011
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Survivor
May 25, 2009
I think it should tell you what pet you will get before you hatch so you don't spend 80,000 on a pet you already have

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
You know, I figured out that all the level 48 pets will have a small chance of getting a hybrid. But, the level 58 pets can be a 100% of getting a hybrid! I have a scarecrow, and I've already made a Stormcaller and Crop Watcher! All in one try! But when I try my Wraith for other level 48 pets, it doesn't go so well... and it made me mad!

Level 70 Necromancer,
Shannon Deathglade
"I will wander till the end of time, torn away from you"

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose
I am monica willow weave and I really want to have a fog unicorn :D :?

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose

I actually think they should be hatch-able but you have a low chance of getting one.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
dippyskip wrote:
I think it should tell you what pet you will get before you hatch so you don't spend 80,000 on a pet you already have

Agreed.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
limiting that u can hatch is just sad. Especially if you paid to get the pet.

Pet hatching should be open to all of them.

The point of having a rare one is that all want to hatch with it.
And if you have it then it helps get it evolved.
think about it

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
i want a brave hound that is storm so i want to hatch a crabling w/ a brave hound. will this work?

Wolf Stormstrider
inventor/alchemist

Survivor
Aug 16, 2011
awesomedragon596 wrote:
cold someone plz hatch with my adult helephant

I would hatch w.ith you tomorrow sometime in the morning/afternoon. I have an adult heck hound and ice bird. My ice bird casts ice bird.

Aaron Firegrove Magus Pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
you can always look up the different combinations online! i am about to hatch my wraith with a helephant, i looked it up and it said i will get a death oni! :) so just look it up, always helps :)

Explorer
Aug 09, 2011
since there is no a way to get sheep, fog unicorn, or the shard tail dragon by hatching is there a way u can get it somewhere besides contests or stuff like that
all i really want is the fog unicorn so if anyone knows info on that plz tell me

pika47

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
Well Professer i am with them i mean really! Making a wizard pay that much for hatching a DANG PET! Well thats it for now! :D The Enchanted Were Wolf JohnOwlthorn.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
I hatched my Chimera Pet with a fierce Hound and i got another chimera pet!

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
i have looked all over this pet related message board and a good amount of it the people who right arent happy with it neither am i. i trained a fiery judgement to epic after a fwe tries of many judgement pets every type of judgement but guess what i got on my epic feiry judgement may cast weakness 9 life resist gargantuan card ( with colossal i have no need for it making it useless ) and for its final talent guess what it has i dont even remember i got so angry i put it in shared bank never to see it again and i rage quit farming pets just to get spritely all i wanted was spriately and a random may cast thats all what do i get well ill tell you what i never get spritely onyl times i will ever get it is pets that get it 100% of time

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
Almost every time i hatch a pet i get the one that i used, so i end up with copys of my own pet.

Survivor
Oct 06, 2012
why do we have to pay so much for a simple hatching i don't get it!

Administrator
lunamoon986 on Nov 6, 2012 wrote:
why do we have to pay so much for a simple hatching i don't get it!
Economics, my young Wizard. It's the same reason a rarer pet costs more to purchase in the first place.

The rarity of the two pets you are hatching impacts the cost of the hatch.
The rarer the pets - the more valuable the outcome - the higher the cost to hatch.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Nov 6, 2012 wrote:
Economics, my young Wizard. It's the same reason a rarer pet costs more to purchase in the first place.

The rarity of the two pets you are hatching impacts the cost of the hatch.
The rarer the pets - the more valuable the outcome - the higher the cost to hatch.
Its actually because Doctor Pureau has a very tight monopoly within the Spiral Universe and he can charge whatever he wants.

There seems to be a demand for pets only by Ravenwood students. Students at Pigswick Acadamy in Wysteria don't seem fond of them. Their pet store doesn't even sell any. Some bosses have pets, but you never see them. They drop them sometimes when defeated. There are pet snack vendors on other worlds, but I think only for the benifit of Ravenwood students.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Professor Greyrose on May 7, 2010 wrote:

What pets!?
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

HOWEVER

I don't get it?!?

But what if....

~Professor Greyrose
Prof. Greyrose,

Did KI do away with the Dragon Blade as a talent of pets recieved as a gift when buying the 10 or 20 dollar cards?

Administrator
Promethean oxnhors... on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
Prof. Greyrose,

Did KI do away with the Dragon Blade as a talent of pets recieved as a gift when buying the 10 or 20 dollar cards?
The Dragonblade card is only available on the prepaid card pets during the months of December and January - see https://www.wizard101.com/game/prepaid-card for more info.

community@wizard101.com