Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rare Pets Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
hmm, i know what you mean.
but i would like to explain something.

first they fixed the price, i only have to pay around 20,000 and 40,000 for a lvl 58 hybrid.

second its mentioned before, keep your gold high.
i have max gold and a lot of stuff on my bank that i could sell, i also have 2 extra characters just for their spaces, so the price is not that bad.

third yes its unfair, my friend got a archfiend and i got a helephant (XD after 15 tries i finally got a death oni and 2 archfiends) so they should raise that change. not really that you can choose but say like 65% that you get a new pet.

forth for all you people, hatching is kinda cool but not necessary i still use my helephant it gives 5% power pip chance, 8% fire resist and 85 health boost. not the best pet but he does what he does.

and if your a good wizard you dont need a good pet, duh.

signed John Anvilsmith transcended pyromancer.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
My freind and I hatched a death leperchaun with the card and a balance dragon hoping to get a balance leperchaun with the card. It cost both of us over 20,000 coins to breed it and it turned out to be another balance dragon ! Is the death lepercaun an advanced pet

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
I think that you should have a better chance of getting the other pet instead of your own pet.I have experience with this i hatch my pet heck hound and have only got heck hounds!This is very annoying.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
First of all I think that hatching costs too much and when I hatched my jade oni with the sea dragon I got the jade oni back and it cost like 41000 to hatch them. Second of all I wish the pets that don't cost crowns have spells and not like the brown spider in mooshu. And then there are like no pets that know the sprite spell and that's like the main reason that I lose battles is because I spend so much time in the pet pavilion and then when my pet levels up the get talents like add balance or spirited. But the thing that really bugs me is the silver chests. Is there a pet at the end or what? Also I wish that the pets you get from defeating bosses would have more powerful and rare spells like never before seen ones.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
I really want the bazaar to get a pet slot so instead of hatching you can get rare pets through the bazaar and I dont understand how you can hatch a pet when you have a heckhound because its not rare doesnt know any spells and you can buy it for 5000 gold and you should only be able to sell hatched pets in the bazaar because you could get scammed

Talon Fist
level 48
Master of Death

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose

But Professor Greyrose, we all know how expensive it is to hatch a pet and all the work we have to do just to get them to adults. So really that should be how to get rare pets. Also can a pet hatch another if it is older than Adult?

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
ringowolf11 wrote:
First of all I think that hatching costs too much and when I hatched my jade oni with the sea dragon I got the jade oni back and it cost like 41000 to hatch them. Second of all I wish the pets that don't cost crowns have spells and not like the brown spider in mooshu. And then there are like no pets that know the sprite spell and that's like the main reason that I lose battles is because I spend so much time in the pet pavilion and then when my pet levels up the get talents like add balance or spirited. But the thing that really bugs me is the silver chests. Is there a pet at the end or what? Also I wish that the pets you get from defeating bosses would have more powerful and rare spells like never before seen ones.

I have opened a silver chest multiple times, and there is no pet. Well, unless you get lucky :D.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
Trixster wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose

But Professor Greyrose, we all know how expensive it is to hatch a pet and all the work we have to do just to get them to adults. So really that should be how to get rare pets. Also can a pet hatch another if it is older than Adult?

I think you can, but I don't know for sure. :D

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
Trixster wrote:

Also can a pet hatch another if it is older than Adult?

Yes, each pet must have reached at least adult level, but higher is fine.

There are many wizards who won't hatch with anything less than an epic pet.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2011

What pets!?
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

HOWEVER

I don't get it?!?

But what if....

~Professor Greyrose

I breeded my Fierce Hound and a normal dragon and just got another dragon is Fierce Hound one of those pets?

Caitlin Blue

Explorer
Sep 19, 2009
ok before you start hatching and spending a lot of coins, you need to know how to hatch smartley! if you dont know your basic egg types, hybrids, or how rare a pet is, you dont need to be hatching. you will just be dissapointed and confused. so i hope you actually learn how to be a wise breeder and do some research.

Samantha Hawkrider Transcended Theurgist

Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
I love the level 58 hybrids like with the myth one (forgot what it is called) and the level 48 stormzilla = tempest hound

I wonder what is the hatch for wraith and the myth pet. I just hatched my wraith with the ice school pet and I think I finally got a hybrid cause I have 4 jade onis and 3 wraiths. I got my level 58 pet and it will hatch later today (day before Christmas). Also I wonder what is the chance of you getting your pet back, getting the other persons pet back or getting a hybrid.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
I tried hatching with a level 48 hydra and a level 48 elephant but i love wizard101 but not the hatching i got a elephant! and the next try was the wraith and elephant! i got a elephant!

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
I think it's kinda cool to mic pets to see whats it gonna be like?
i think that the pet rasing to an adult should be lowered (opinion)
the xp its taking me a while for my dragon :( thxs if you see this :P

IM cameron mythsword!

your game rocks!

Survivor
Aug 14, 2011

What pets!?
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

HOWEVER

I don't get it?!?

But what if....

~Professor Greyrose

Zouramaster:
ok i get this but they don't have to completely cut the special pets off so no one can get them. How many of each of these were given away anyway? I wanted a summer dragon or a shardtail but yah know whatever. It would have been nice if they would let them hatch. (By the way i heard the price to hatch, how are we supposed to make that much???)

Survivor
May 31, 2011
goldenheart387 wrote:
paying 80000 gold for the hatching process and ending up with one of the same pets we started with is ridiculous and a waste of time.

I SOOOOOOO agree! It is ridiculous! I think we should have to pay up to 20,000 and that is it. I tried to hatch with someone and it cost that much. It wasn't fair. It would take me forever to get that much, and I would rather buy a permanent mount from the crown shop with that gold than hatch a pet.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
Why are the pet talents messed up now? They have not been right for a couple months now! If I hatch two pets together (both at epic) I keep getting traits that I have never seen in either pet! Gargantuan likes to show up for some reason and pierce as well, then I got selfish traits on a pet with pedigree 66? Neither of the "parents" had any of these traits!
It is really discouraging for those of us who enjoy working on our pets and leveling them up. There seems to be no more rhyme or logic involved in the hatching process. What is going on? :?

Survivor
Dec 04, 2011
whats the point in it costing so much anyway KI isnt gaining anything from it anyway so they might as well change the price

Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
Hi,

Noticed someone suggesting separate quests for pets and that they could only run in circles inside. You can turn them loose in your yard or in the theater if you own one. Personally I would like to see a measure of their progress after epic. Also, how much is needed for next level same as for your wizard. I know it says my pet improves after a certain amount of feeding, (I feed him some of the cheaper equipment I get, you get money or other rewards for it), and every so often it says my pet improves. Also think there should be a better price for pets that have been raised to adulthood. I now have at least 8 pets. Too many to work with. LOL

Survivor
Sep 07, 2011
i totally don't understand it costs 102,000 to hatch a utilility dragon!!!!!!??????

Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
guys stop whining first of all if your hatching fails doesnt mean you can be really upset there are thousands of players who tried alot of times for 1 hybrid second of all you can get gold back when you sell items you dont need especialy when you get to zafaria or celestia at those places you earn gold quickly third of all if its too expensive just cancel the hatching and hatch with someone else last of all good luck with those hybrids! :D

Defender
May 15, 2010
Okay, i bet lots of people here are just reading comments and haven't even tried this. I saw a comment that said it cost 100,000 gold to hatch a firecat and a piggle. Ok, 1. Why would you even think that would be worth it.
2. That's a lie. It cost me about 35,000-40,000 to hatch a snake in a basket and a sea dragon. No crowns. Just a few hours of farming. your claiming it cost so much to hatch these pets? Wow. Try it, and don't just read comments, and jump to conclusions.

Valkoor Skullspear

- Adept Necromancer

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
Danger hound and Danger hound= ghost hound. Danger hound and Hydra= ghost hound. 50% each way.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Survivor
Mar 10, 2011
Could someone please hatch a Helephan pet with my Jade Oni pet.
Meet me at the hatchery in the the Helephant realm this Sunday or April
22 at 10:00 AM?
Please respond.

Valkoor Mythrider Level 46 Pyromancer 8)