Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rare Pets Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose
I agree with all of this, but one issue we really need to fix is the COST of hatching. It is WAY too high. I went into the hatcher for the first time to hatch my crimsonzilla and helephant, and realized I needed 30,000 MORE GOLD!

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
wizardmaster369 wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose
I agree with all of this, but one issue we really need to fix is the COST of hatching. It is WAY too high. I went into the hatcher for the first time to hatch my crimsonzilla and helephant, and realized I needed 30,000 MORE GOLD!

Dude fire hatching with fire? So wrong.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
For a childrens game the prices of things vs. the amount of time played is extremely skewed. This game is made so that kids have to spend long hours for small pay out or break out there parents credit card. They should be able to play for small amounts everyday and find it rewarding. 80,000 for pet hatching is high even for me, and I don't work, spend countless hours a day farming and have paed for crowns with a credit card, so I can't even image a younger child trying to get up the money to afford a rare pet hatch.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2010
I know right? i want to be able to buy a orthus or whatever it is called so i can breed it with other pets to see what i can get! :Di know that they are the school's pet but wouldn't it be nice for a death wizard to be able to have a life pet or vis versa ? Anyways, thats what i think. I am a death wizard so ya. My name is Tabitha DragonHeart so if anybody sees me, just say hi! i will probabky be in Mooshu

Explorer
Nov 17, 2009
SnookumsMcSnook wrote:
I think Level 48 pets, and possibly the Storm Beetle and/or Death Scarab should be added to the list.

greyrose was just saying the promo pets cant be hatched to make another, and she didnt include the beatles and level 48 in the list

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
LuvBug8888 wrote:
I know right? i want to be able to buy a orthus or whatever it is called so i can breed it with other pets to see what i can get! :Di know that they are the school's pet but wouldn't it be nice for a death wizard to be able to have a life pet or vis versa ? Anyways, thats what i think. I am a death wizard so ya. My name is Tabitha DragonHeart so if anybody sees me, just say hi! i will probabky be in Mooshu

Well I definately don't want to see a death wizard walking around with my Orthrus. It was a very difficult quest that I had to complete in order to get Orthrus (a tower in the Labyrinth at that). SO , I do not support this idea, if we had to work hard to get our pet then so should anyone else who wishes to have it. You can't just want to buy evrything then what would be the point of playing?

Anyways does any one have a EPic Jade hound? what talents does it have?

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
MasterEdward101 wrote:
SnookumsMcSnook wrote:
I think Level 48 pets, and possibly the Storm Beetle and/or Death Scarab should be added to the list.

Are you crazy I think the list is already longer then it should be, dont add any more to it.
I want to grow some really cool pet, and people your taking that away from me.

Strom Beetle is a crowned pet if you add it, then you should add all the other crowned pets, and the Death Scarab was only for the twitter winners first, then everyone got one from the Pokemon Marathon on Cartoon Network.

SO NO! Don't Add them to the List!

I agree. Especially wth storm bettele. It's a great pet and one of the easiest to raise. ANd, it was my first pet, adn when the pet area came, my storm bettle was already a teen! so I think that pets like that should be hatchable. ( P.S. You can't bye a storm bettle anyomre! The only way to get it was when prospector zeke was in Olde Town. Good thing I got mine on the last day...)

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Killa567 wrote:
I was really looking forward to the advanced pet expansion, especially the hatchery. HOWEVER, after spending countless times feeding my pet and playing mini-games just so I can make it qualify, I find that it costs 80000 gold to hatch. This made outraged me. For one thing, I spent maybe an hour of nothing but mini-games, spending crowns for potions and such. And now I have found that I have completley wasted my time, since finding that quantity of gold is pretty much impossible. I demand this price to be lowered drasticly or to be completley removed. The constant spending of gold and crowns at random times just kills the fun out of the whole expansion.

REALY??? 80,000??? THAT'S NOTHING!!! To combine my storm bettle with my cloud demon cost me like 1,000,000 gold!!!!!!!!!! I think that pets should have raritie levels. the higher the combined number of the pets raritie, the higher the cost. like 2 rariteie 1 pets ( like a piggle) should only be 1000 gold to combine, on the other hand, if you combine the upcoming epic pet, ( which would be raritie 10 [ the highest raritie level]), with a clud demon ( which would be raritie 6 ) should be about 60,000 gold.

Made by David Firblade, the many hopes wizard SO LONG... >.>

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
i have a idea for a pet the pet is a mini you!! you can buy clothes for it too! and if your on a mount the pet should be on top of the mount with you!! if you publish this plz lemme have it thx for the time

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
Since you are hatching to create a new pet or one with better stats, I think the price is fine as is. They lowered it a few months back and I like it as is. We all have to just work for the gold.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
It cost me 43k to cross a Wraith and a Firebird to get a spider that doesn't give a card until adult or ancient (these 2 give a card at baby). Then my wife and I crossed my Wraith with her Satyr which gave me a Ghast (wraith basically, and she got a Woodland Haunter (a tree like pet with branch wings). This cost us BOTH 45k+ and it took over 20 hours to hatch them. The pricing is outrageous, and like I've seen most say, this game was started for kids and yet KI seems to be out to suck the parents dry in an downward spiraling economy that has no end in sight. They need to re-think, just because we can't bad mouth them on their sight, there are lots of other mmo forums that we can speak our mind w/o being censored for speaking out minds, and these sights are also the ones they like to quote from and are used to give them their awards.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
i am so mad i have hatched twice with an ancient wraith and an ancient hydra twice now and wound up with no hybrid pet i am really steamed pls some one tell me how this works

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
honestly Kingisle, i hate your pricing on everything, pretty much. 60 thousand gold just to get a dumb pet that hardly even gives a 10% boost to anything is such a waste, especially the change of wasting all your time and effort to get another. Leveling these pets cost money of course, and i dont like your pricing on crowns, 5 dollars on a snack pack with only 7 snacks is kind of overboard. You guys obviously dont understand how difficult it is to work your butt off to get 80 thousand gold and hatch, and then fail. I've given up on hatching, because ive wasted all my time saving up tons of money and getting a stormzilla 3 times in a row, im tired of it, i think its such a waste of time. please fix this, your prices are outrageous. even 30k is kind of too high.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2009
Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
Survivor
May 07, 2010
First of all I want to say great job on Celestia, I can't stress that enough! I think everything they have done with the pets is fine. We should give these guys more credit, it's not easy pleasing all us Wizards 8) If I were to change something I would make pets that come with cards/spells have mini quests or full blown quests to get thier pets trained to Epic. This way it might make it easier on us New Wizards, so we know what pet comes with what card and if any card/spell even. My second idea and way easier one coming from a game designer's point of view would be to just add some better snacks on drops or in the shop. This game rocks, and I am an Admin on several servers and gaming platforms, I used to own my own gaming Co. even. There is one thing I know that is for certain in the gaming world, gamers like change! Playing the same maze game for example, over and over to train a pet is boring, repetitive, and monotonous. I know you just got done adding 10 new levels but I am level 60 already for crying out loud! Please do something to keep me in the game. I love this game and never want it to end, but all good things seem to Readers: I need your support and show of force on this issue, please reply if you agree, or even if you don't agree, with an explanation on why. There are no wrong answers here, alls I ask is for you to please be honest, and mature when replying to this post.

~Jason Griffin~

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
the only part i hate about hatching is when you have to pay 20000 gold to hatch why wont they make a kraken pet

Survivor
Oct 11, 2010
I wish pets can actually have there own turn with spells like cyclops, casting a cyclop spell.......

Survivor
Jul 20, 2010
its a lot of money you know i think idk but it would be good for it to be at least 15000 or 20000

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
JasonMN wrote:
First of all I want to say great job on Celestia, I can't stress that enough! I think everything they have done with the pets is fine. We should give these guys more credit, it's not easy pleasing all us Wizards 8) If I were to change something I would make pets that come with cards/spells have mini quests or full blown quests to get thier pets trained to Epic. This way it might make it easier on us New Wizards, so we know what pet comes with what card and if any card/spell even. My second idea and way easier one coming from a game designer's point of view would be to just add some better snacks on drops or in the shop. This game rocks, and I am an Admin on several servers and gaming platforms, I used to own my own gaming Co. even. There is one thing I know that is for certain in the gaming world, gamers like change! Playing the same maze game for example, over and over to train a pet is boring, repetitive, and monotonous. I know you just got done adding 10 new levels but I am level 60 already for crying out loud! Please do something to keep me in the game. I love this game and never want it to end, but all good things seem to Readers: I need your support and show of force on this issue, please reply if you agree, or even if you don't agree, with an explanation on why. There are no wrong answers here, alls I ask is for you to please be honest, and mature when replying to this post.

~Jason Griffin~

I agree. I may not be lvl 60 (not even close)
but when i was playing this game i got up to lvl 12 (without being mem :) )
then i had NOTHING to do but i loved thas game.I kinda know how you felt.(i got gift card 5 days later lol)

Survivor
Aug 20, 2010
its not true you can find rare pets any ware like i found a shard tail dragon at nightshades tower

Survivor
Aug 20, 2010
Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
ok im looking for someone with another fierce hound because i have a good feeling it will make like ultra hound or something if you hatch a fierce hound and a fierce hound

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
JasonMN wrote:

~Jason Griffin~
I agree with the pet snack part i am always going to the bazaar for pet snacks and can you make mage snack packs less and for gold if you can thx

Survivor
Sep 22, 2010
hi what does firezille make best with

What pets!?
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

HOWEVER

I don't get it?!?

But what if....

~Professor Greyrose