Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rare Pets Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
if i was going to hatch a pet it would be HeckHound it would work for me all the time but I don't have him that sucks for me :(

Defender
May 09, 2009
i'm still a little ifey i havent seen any completly new pets at all i would feel much better about hatching if you ALWAYS got a completly new pet because that way it would be fun and interesting to hatch new pets.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Killa567 wrote:
I was really looking forward to the advanced pet expansion, especially the hatchery. HOWEVER, after spending countless times feeding my pet and playing mini-games just so I can make it qualify, I find that it costs 80000 gold to hatch. This made outraged me. For one thing, I spent maybe an hour of nothing but mini-games, spending crowns for potions and such. And now I have found that I have completley wasted my time, since finding that quantity of gold is pretty much impossible. I demand this price to be lowered drasticly or to be completley removed. The constant spending of gold and crowns at random times just kills the fun out of the whole expansion.

I 100% agree. I did the same thing as you. Spending hours and hours doing nothing but those boring minigames and spending money on Crowns to refill. When I finally got my Black Cat as an adult, I went running to the Hatchery. My face was like this: But, when i found out how mutch it costs to hatch a pet (around 60,000 Gold), my face turned to this: So, if anyone who is trying to get their pet as an adult and is reading this, stop wasting your time! Unless you have 100,000 gold, it's not worth it.

Wizard: William DarkFlame

Level: 30

School: Fire

P.S. I also DEMAND the price to be lowered. Well, actually, it should be FREE!

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
Ok anyone have a shardtail dragon?If so meet me in the commons you pick the realm as long as it says perfect and area my wizard's name is patrick-fireheart i have a crab pet, add me as a friend and wait till i raise my dragon to adult and help me farm gold thanks.

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
willwolf64 wrote:
Killa567 wrote:
I was really looking forward to the advanced pet expansion, especially the hatchery. HOWEVER, after spending countless times feeding my pet and playing mini-games just so I can make it qualify, I find that it costs 80000 gold to hatch. This made outraged me. For one thing, I spent maybe an hour of nothing but mini-games, spending crowns for potions and such. And now I have found that I have completley wasted my time, since finding that quantity of gold is pretty much impossible. I demand this price to be lowered drasticly or to be completley removed. The constant spending of gold and crowns at random times just kills the fun out of the whole expansion.

I 100% agree. I did the same thing as you. Spending hours and hours doing nothing but those boring minigames and spending money on Crowns to refill. When I finally got my Black Cat as an adult, I went running to the Hatchery. My face was like this: But, when i found out how mutch it costs to hatch a pet (around 60,000 Gold), my face turned to this: So, if anyone who is trying to get their pet as an adult and is reading this, stop wasting your time! Unless you have 100,000 gold, it's not worth it.

Wizard: William DarkFlame

Level: 30

School: Fire

P.S. I also DEMAND the price to be lowered. Well, actually, it should be FREE!

did you buy a house? mount? same cost, don't spend an hour on mini games for your pet. play until it increases to 50 and then go out and kill to get money at the kraken, or the arena on krok. also do one quest while your at it.
feeding it a snack that you get from a drop is worth going out to fight, and the other dropped items when you sell them gets you closer to the price for hatching.
also, if the price was lowered, how many people would be there just to hatch a pet, 10 million dream ghouls running around? no thanks, keep the price where it is. however i think having a baby lvl 48 pet is not worth waiting for, i just got my baby just hatched wraith, even had to wait for it to hatch without the 5% pip bonus.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose

I think our pets should not be naked. I think Wizard101 should put a pet clothes store so our pet can look cool. I want clothes for our pets! I think it is a good idea. Whoever agrees with me i thank you. Everyone should like the idea.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose

How do you get a life minoutar. PLZ TELL ME!

My wizard's name is Flint
He is lvl 46
A life wizard

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
Wow. I learned more in an hour reading this thread than in the last three weeks of playing. I have to admit, my family got into this game primarily for the hope of breeding pet dragons. Our family is pretty diverse, but one thing we all love is dragons. But with paying for so many accounts, there is not money left in the budget for buying crowns, we just don't have that kind of income. Just buying the family accounts was a serious consideration for us. I am glad for threads like this, as it gives us a heads up. Now we know not to even try for breeding anything until/unless some major changes are made. For us, its a waiting time, as I see this as a complicated problem with no easy answers. I agree, pets that have to be leveled and quested for should stay that way. I also agree that rare pets should cost considerably more than common ones. I also think that the "maybe you'll get a rare, maybe you'll get a clone" concept is a money grabbing game killer. Lots of games give you a blue print of what breeding will do, and their players appreciate that, a lot. It makes it worth the amount of work you do if you know what you are working for. I don't agree that just making it is cash is the answer, but that is where KI has to decide which side of the line they want to be on. Some games care about the players that only can afford accounts, not extras, and do the extra work required to care for them. Others take the attitude of we are here for a profit, and that comes before all else, and cater strictly to the wealthy. Only time can say where KI will choose to stand.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Johunt wrote:

How do you get a life minoutar. PLZ TELL ME!

My wizard's name is Flint
He is lvl 46
A life wizard

You can get a life minotaur by defeating Brownwood Tormentor in Helgrind Warren, the dungeon to the left of Jotun's dungeon in GH.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2009
i dont want to wait for my pets to become adults infact how do pets come adults

Survivor
May 20, 2010
dear mr.lincon i killed youkai twenty three times and one time it showed the minotour pet but then i disapeared i really want you to fix that probrolem
:(

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
Wizard101 needs emphasis on *NEEDS* to lower the hatching price honestly im trying to hatch with my rain demon with a heckhound and over 50000 gold now 5000 gold maybe but never that much id prefer is like 500 but that sure as heck probably wont happen i've only met a few people that have hatched a pet they had to buy at least $50 worth of crown Wizard101 get it lower the price maybe people will start doing it more :x

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
Ok, guys, you people should really hear what you are saying. First of all, those people complaining over that lvl 48 pets shouldn't be hatched is ridiculious. For any of you that don't know, all lvl 48 pets can actually MIX with other lvl 48 pets. For example: If I mixed a Helephant with an Orthrus, I have a chance of getting an Inferno hound or a War oni. Yes, there is still the chance you may get the same pet you hatched with. But if that happens, look at the big picture, you have a new pet. You can train it and feed it and love it. Plus if you say, had a wraith, mixed with a stormzilla and got a wraith, you can train THAT wraith until it is adult, wheras it may have stats that are better than the first gen. wraith. BAM! Right there you get something positive out the hatchery. If you get the stormzilla, where you can't use, you can give it to another wizard, or let it free in your house (or so I think you can do that). But still, atleast you can say you have a new pet altogether.

For those of you people who are saying that false advertising stating that "millions potential combinatations" is false, then your statement is false.
If you guys would stop complaining and actually look and read about the pets, you would see that pets are made of TWO factors, appearance AND statistics. Sure you might get the same pet, but the STATS will not be identical to the parent once trained. And if you think appearance is the only thing, then you are only getting half of the pet update.

And finally, for those of you who are complaining that the pricing is way too high, I am sorta agreeing with you, and sort of not. The hatchery is a luxury, not just another thing that you can use. Once you do actually get the gold, take a chance. And if you do not get what you wanted, I already stated above. Just try again. Oh, and you people have complained so much that they actually ARE going to drop the price.

Ok, I am done.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
I disagree. They claim that pet hatching is for everyone but in reality the prices insure that only a tiny fraction of the players will ever hatch a pet.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
I have tried 11 times to hatch with my stormzilla with a wraith, and i got 11 stormzillas i am wondering where these millions of combos are i mean if i get 11 stormzillas this is trash. They lied and scammed us i have sent 8 messages to them and not one reply. I mean 0 for 11 thats just wrong they need to say if you hatch you will be scammed i mean i have a better chance winning the lottery then i do with lame idea they came up with. i have been a member for 2 years and the last 4 months wow i cant wait till they come up with next to make are wallets smaller. They need to return are gold back or give us the pets that we pay for cause man this is a rippppppppppp off.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2009
Darkhole54321 wrote:
shaggyzon2 wrote:

So, here's my question: What, exactly, does one have to do to be a "V.I.P."?

Most of the more popular bloggers like the Friendly Necromancer are considered VIPs and are given the super rare Sheep pet.

can you explain this a little more? so to become VIP i need to post more on the website?

Survivor
Oct 29, 2009
on this topic i really feel like 80000 is WAY to high.. the hours i would spend just to get there would be a feat in itself.. but to not even be ensured about what i'm spending 80000 on is asking WAY to much of me 2 do.. when i could buy so many things for my house or multiple houses at that even!! i think the solution to this problem should be..

1.) KI posts the possible pet combo's.. becuz what i've seen is not millions.. i haven't seen ONE cross-bread pet.. KI does an amazing job at promoting such ideas.. i was SO pumped up for this new feature!! instead of my lil helephant runnin around w/ me i was fantasizing a death helephant or a helephant with wings IDK something that would have that "wow" factor.. but for me to spend 80000 gold thee most expensive ammount payed for in this game.. is again asking 2 much of me for a CHANCE of it being changed? well SHOW ME WHAT I'M GETTING!! i'm saying have the guy who runs that breeding area (doctor guy) have him post on here promoting what you can breed and what the NAME of your pet will be and its abilities.. BUT DONT SHOW US IT (cuz i want it 2 b a surprise :P) leaving us WANTING to do it and you can even promote it by saying something 2 the extent of "go check it out at my store and see what your NEW pet will look like"

2.) 80000 should be lowered to a lighter load.. depending on the pets being crossbreaded.. if there the 48 level pets.. i'd say 20000-25000 is a REASONABLE price.. (given KI posts what i'm getting from cross breeding) i don't like gambling.. i don't want to spend ANYTHING unless i'm getting something back guarenteed.. i knew right away that MILLIONS of possibilities was a stretch obviously for promotional purposes.. but 0 possibilites really is what i've seen..

3.) this celestia deal better be what yu've made it look 2 b.. becuz the pet thing is a cool idea.. but you didn't really fulfill my dreams of it.. frankly i don't find anything good about it so far.. just a waste of my time w/ no reward.. and if you guys take so long to make MAJOR updates for it.. this is going to be the last for awhile.. and i really DON'T want to stop paying sometime soon from sheer boredom of lacking something to look forward to..

Thats the changes i feel like would PERFECT my mind on the current crisis.. This game is absolutely amazing and i love it and all.. but from that strong love for this game comes high expectations.. and you really didn't do it on this one KI.. i pay 10 dollars a month or whatever it is now i 4get.. and business goes like this.. you please the customers.. we please you by spending our money and giving it to you under the understanding that we are asking certain things for you.. we are giving you guarenteed money!! we are telling you we want to play this game i'm spending an hour of my wage to play this game a month.. and i don't want to stop anytime soon.. but if you don't fix these problems sometime within the next month or two idk if its worth doing the same missions over and over w/o any changes being made for each school or SOMETHING to look forward to at the end..

SRY 4 the long message.. but thanks for reading and hope that i speak for the players and parents of Wizard101 by saying "Please listen to your customers here" and thanks for listening 2 me :)

Survivor
Oct 29, 2009
sparkle4567 wrote:
i dont want to wait for my pets to become adults infact how do pets come adults

you do the mini games in the pet zone in wizard city.. feed it snacks after doing the mini game to basically doubles the work you just did in the mini game ;)

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
GeoffTillman wrote:
I disagree. They claim that pet hatching is for everyone but in reality the prices insure that only a tiny fraction of the players will ever hatch a pet.

Anyone can hatch pets,BUT!!! a low level player(noob) can't make a large amount of money to make it worth the time, even if they save all therer money up,but then they have no equipment no house's, they have NOTHING!!
but money,and then they most likely will get a cheap low level pet they can't use.

So really only high level ppl can really hatch pet because they can make the money to do so,and noobs are just out of luck.(thats bad)

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
I have a family account and I have to agree about the Pet prices being too high. When I tried a few days back it was still 60,000! I have no problem with your need to earn money (it's a business). But I think it's bad for KI revenue too in the long run. You need to keep the most players interested - a wider variety of cheap thrills does that better.

A great example of getting it right was houses and furniture. The initial house was just costly enough to be special when you got one. But most of the rest of it was just priced low enough for endless play time in the home. My kids spend more time buying and selling furniture and outfitting their houses than out questing on many nights. They can spend an hour or so questing and end up with just enough to go buy some new wallpaper and feel like they had a great productive time.

And here's the main point for KI. All that time my kids spend outside of quests means that their final battle with Malistare is pushed out more and more into the future. That means I'm on the hook for their monthly subscriptions a LOT longer (no to mention the monthly crowns requests). On the other hand, if they lose interest, or realize it will take weeks or months just to see ONE new pet? They may move on to the next kid game and I'm off the hook and KI gets less that it could have.

Pets could be a great way to offer another low cost and fun "distraction" from the main story line. But frequent hatching, "just for fun" should be the point of spending so much time with your pet.

A great solution would be to offer a low cost hatchery option (5,000 or less) that's mostly about colors and crossing-up body features. My kids would be floored to see a Heck Hound with Imp wings or something - who cares if had no great special abilities. They'd play for weeks on end just to see what came out next, show it to their friends, and try for some other combo again next week. Then for the older players looking for something really rare or powerful to help them in battle, make them save up for the big expense.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I must apologize to everybody! I thought "Oh my God, what a bunch of whiners!" when everybody used to complain about pet hatching. Now I find myself moaning and groaning about it as well. I have officially spent over 300,000 gold hatching my Epic Level Orthus with a friends Epic Level Satyr 3 times and all we have to show for it are 3 new baby Orthus' and 3 new baby Satyrs. Not once did my friend or myself get any Hybrid whatsoever. I think when you combine school pets, especially if you have taken the time to raise them to Epic level, getting a Hybrid in a hatching should be the rule- not the exception. Come on KI, please change the hatching probability percentages upwards in our favor, please?

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
vimrich wrote:
A great example of getting it right was houses and furniture. The initial house was just costly enough to be special when you got one. But most of the rest of it was just priced low enough for endless play time in the home. My kids spend more time buying and selling furniture and outfitting their houses than out questing on many nights. They can spend an hour or so questing and end up with just enough to go buy some new wallpaper and feel like they had a great productive time.

Thank you for your post. I think you hit the nail on the head. I'm pretty new to this game, and I love the housing stuff. The pet update, though, hasn't caught on with me at all. The only part I've been enjoying is being able to interact with the pets in my house.

I love your suggestion about the "hybrid-looking" pets, too! You're absolutely right. It would feel like a completely different addition if the pets just looked more unique.

Personally, I feel KI had a fantastic idea with upgrading the pets. I hope they continue to modify it to get the kinks out.

In the end, I'd like to see them make it so that all pets *do* actually help in battle. They could make the common pets have a small chance of casting a defensive shield on their owner (for example, a Heckhound being a Fire type could have a small chance of casting a fire shield). Blades could be a less common pet spell, and then attack spells could be the rarest. They could even have pets cast different % shields/blades, making the pets more or less useful compared to each other.

Then, your pet would become an even bigger part of your strategy while you were questing. If you were about to head into an area that was heavy with Storm enemies, you'd want to equip a pet that has a chance of casting a nice Storm shield. Just like changing spells in your deck. :)

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
i agree that the pet training is really boring and it takes to long also i just got my stormzilla on my level 48 storm it still has like four hours so when it hatches i gotta be there and i have noticed that there is less wizards in the commons now maybe they got the you gotta be level 7 to get the pet place so they decided they didnt wanna do that but i do still seem that i do see a few newbies around so i help them but still also on the test realm i dont think it shold bea quest it sould be a certain level you have to be i was thinking when test realm opened you had to be like level 40 but you have to have the final countdown quest in dragon spyre p.s. i dont think its fair for the high ones that havnt ot to the quest :?

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
im in level 23 and i have been try \ing to get rare pets.

answer : get crowns and by the rare pet from crown shop.

school: fire
level: 23
rare pets: 2