Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

master artisan quest help 2

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Raptoris again. Now i need to know if black lotus and/or pearls are a natural occurring reagent. i have the transforms and it's easy just time consuming. which don't get me wrong is perfectly fine because master artisans are supposed to be rare and it to be a VERY special badge but is there a way to speed it up. I don't want any anti time comments or that just please tell me if you would know a way to speed it up

thx

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Raptoris wrote:
Raptoris again. Now i need to know if black lotus and/or pearls are a natural occurring reagent. i have the transforms and it's easy just time consuming. which don't get me wrong is perfectly fine because master artisans are supposed to be rare and it to be a VERY special badge but is there a way to speed it up. I don't want any anti time comments or that just please tell me if you would know a way to speed it up

thx

Black Lotus are found in the Moo Shu world and is usually found near the bosses houses...though they do spawn othe rplaces. Black Pearls are the very rare form of black lotus.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:
Raptoris wrote:

thx

Black Lotus are found in the Moo Shu world and is usually found near the bosses houses...though they do spawn othe rplaces. Black Pearls are the very rare form of black lotus.

So true Mr MikeStrath who seems to have all the answers and know all the tricks of the trades and (thanks dude) is helpful enough to share and help make crafting fun for all who want to pursue it. Just like scrap in Marleybone, the key is to use the transporters and Change Realms after each run-through. Or so it seems to me.

Some other tips:
1) Pay attention to where you find Black Lotus when you work thru the villages of Moo Shu on quests (near huts behind the wagon or rock seems common), and work those areas and paths when you need to stock up on lotus or pearl for an itemcraft.
2) When working realms, pay attention also to which realms are crowded or perfect, and which are lotus-rich, and which are lotus-poor. Also be on look out for other crafters. If you hit a dead realm or two while cycling through, and notice folks rushing about or flying through then back out again so fast that they can't possibly be entering dojos for boss battles, they are probably farming. Skip into the realms a page or two, and see if your hit frequency picks up. Or jump into the realms further then reverse the direction of your cycling thru realms (downward or upward, or first towards last or last towards first).This way we don't step on each other and are polite to other crafters, plus increase our productivity in gathering. Sometimes I just bounce around to realms whose names I like or whose names I think others won't be so fond of, just to get random and mix it up.
3) Some crafters swear by the dungeons (because access is limited i guess) but I find that using the teleporters and working nearby huts, before porting to the next-colored port then working those huts, works for me. Then change realms and work through the colors (blue green yellow y'know?) again, then change realms. And so on. Develop your own style. Enjoy it.
4) Off-hours are less crowded and this increases your odds of good success rates, so sometimes work a little farming in before work or school in the AM and before bed in the PM. Today I hit the Moo during lunch and had good success- about twenty Lotus and two (hooray count them two) Pearls during lunch hour. I guess other crafters thought it was a bad time to gather. Find what works for you.

If others are curious or interested in crafting, encourage and support them. Show them that it can be fun (and profitable if you approach it smartly). I made a sharp looking coat and boots and a really stylin' hat in Marleybone that supported my primary and secondary school, and when I got to Moo I couldn't wait to find my equipment vendor there, because the gear only gets more powerful. Then I sold the old stuff.

As a matter of fact, I got so eager to make that useful Moo Shu Fireleaf hat and Dreambrand coat that I transmuted some of the diamonds, and transmuted enough lotus to transmute my last two pearls to make them. And when I later got into the DragonSpyre CraftQuests and realized I needed more Black Pearl to make a different coat, I didn't mope or dispair because I knew it was do-able.

Angus Ironpants 45th Pyro 8)
Working on that last badge, plan to get it before I finish the Spyre.
Craft, baby, craft!

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
Hi!

I am doing my master artisan quest and i need SIXTEEN black pearls! But my friend showed me a run in ms where you find tons of black lotus and sometimes a black pearl in the drop spots. its in kishibe village. go past water spirits and there is the blue teleport stone. use it, and go past the bridge and ther is some between haystacks and behind a wheelbarrow. that's my run and i get a lot of what i need. hope this helps!

Scarlet Silverspear lvl 47 Myth/Fire/Storm

Suri lvl 17 Ice/Balance

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
i find them in Ancient Burial Ground just use the teleports (i mainly use the blue one and then walk around) i just finished that quest but there is another one to make 2 crimson book shelves (well thats what i got idk if it is same for everybody) and that needs black pearls too.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
As long as we are on the topic, here are some good tips for finding red mandrake, which you need to transmute to Blood Moss, which is insanely rare. (Can we up the probabilities just a little, guys?

1) There is R.M. near many of the towers on Colossus Boulevard, especially Baron Rotunda's as well as the main castle at the end of C.B.

1b) There is R.M. near Bastilla Gravewynd's tower in Firecat Alley. Also in Firecat it can be found near Wormguts as well as the tower next to it (I forget what it's called, but another Banshee lives there).

1c) I suspect there is some near Fireglobe Theatre, but I've never seen it.

1d) Others have said there is some in Triton Ave as well, but I haven't tried that yet.

2) Red Mandrake can easily be transmuted from mist wood and deep mushroom, and it's only a 10 to 1 ratio, so collect LOTS of this.

3) Red Mandrake can be converted to Blood moss at a 15-1 ratio. Spell is from Eudora Tangletree in Old Town.

Now do some basic math - 2 bookshelves x 10 blood moss each means you need 20 blood moss, or 300 Red Mandrake if you are not lucky enough to find any Blood Moss. Three Hundred: I want you guys at K.I. to really think about this number and what that means for our gaming experience. Time consuming is not the same as challenging or fun.

That's my thoughts on the Crimson Bookshelf quest. I'm glad the Rolling Stones never play this game; otherwise they never would have written "time is on my side".

K.I. Please consider changing the probability parameters for some of these rare reagents. You can keep it challenging while also keeping the time needs on this side of sanity. Think about it. Please.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
OK, so finished the Raintree Uniforms, many Black Lotus later. Now I'm tasked with making Crimson Bookshelves, but have no clue who sells that recipe. Help me out here please. Balthazar doesn't.

Noah Swiftcloud, LV 51
(formerly) Grandmaster Diviner

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
jhsbear1 wrote:
OK, so finished the Raintree Uniforms, many Black Lotus later. Now I'm tasked with making Crimson Bookshelves, but have no clue who sells that recipe. Help me out here please. Balthazar doesn't.

Noah Swiftcloud, LV 51
(formerly) Grandmaster Diviner

Main crafter in MS has this, just page over his recipe list.