Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How does spectral blast actually work?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
I am wondering how the spell picks which element to use... Every time I've cast it so far it has been fire except once, and that one time was when fire would not have defeated the opponent I cast it at. Instead it used storm, which defeated the krok in one hit. I'm just wondering if this was blind luck and it's completely random, or if something else is guiding it. Also, I saw a post by someone saying spectral blast was their most powerful spell. I'm not sure I understand how it could be more powerful than hydra. Anyone care to enlighten me on all that? I would appreciate it!

-Paul

Historian
May 15, 2009
Spectral blast will randomly choose a spell from the 3 main elements fire ice or storm and use that attack and charms/traps appropiate for it

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
WearyPenguin wrote:
I am wondering how the spell picks which element to use... Every time I've cast it so far it has been fire except once, and that one time was when fire would not have defeated the opponent I cast it at. Instead it used storm, which defeated the krok in one hit. I'm just wondering if this was blind luck and it's completely random, or if something else is guiding it. Also, I saw a post by someone saying spectral blast was their most powerful spell. I'm not sure I understand how it could be more powerful than hydra. Anyone care to enlighten me on all that? I would appreciate it! -Paul

From my experience with my balance wizs...I believe it is random chance. Too many times it has cast fire at a fire foe, ice at an ice foe, etc....for me to believe it is set to be foe specific. I think it would be wonderful it if checked the foe's school and cast the opposite, if possible. But then again, I am a dreamer :-)

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
It goes randomly, yah. Compared to hydra, it depends on the amount of traps/blades and all that. So, in some cases it can be more powerful, some cases not.

Hope this helps you out of you're confusion. lol.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
I have had the totally random experience. I have also found that when properly buffed and trapped that it can be as powerful, if not more so, than Judgement. Keep working with it, it's a really excellent low pip attack.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
Thanks everybody! And yeah I'm starting to see that it can be quite powerful. I actually recreated my deck to highlight it.

I suppose I have another question.

Where are the best "secret," or not secret at all, trainers?

See, I have a bunch of points in storm, but I find it hasn't been as useful since I got spectral blast to have the storm cards in my deck. I read on another forum that it's wise to go around to trainer outside ravenwood to get some special skills. I already got reshuffle from collosus blvd.

I have decided to spend some crowns on re-training, so if anyone has any suggestions on where to go and what to get, please feel free to post them here!

I hope other balance wizards looking to maximize their abilities can also learn from what you write!

Thanks again!

-Paul

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
i just got it a few days ago i thought it picks all types :(

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
WearyPenguin wrote:
Thanks everybody! And yeah I'm starting to see that it can be quite powerful. I actually recreated my deck to highlight it.

I suppose I have another question.

Where are the best "secret," or not secret at all, trainers?

See, I have a bunch of points in storm, but I find it hasn't been as useful since I got spectral blast to have the storm cards in my deck. I read on another forum that it's wise to go around to trainer outside ravenwood to get some special skills. I already got reshuffle from collosus blvd.

I have decided to spend some crowns on re-training, so if anyone has any suggestions on where to go and what to get, please feel free to post them here!

I hope other balance wizards looking to maximize their abilities can also learn from what you write!

Thanks again!

-Paul

Sabrina Greenstar in the Wizard City Fairgrounds has some reasonable shields which can be very useful, especially if you are interested in trying out some pvp.