Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice, spoilt much?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
I am a grandmaster Diviner and i just made this post to highlight something i saw. Take the school of ice and say, the school of storm for example.
I will list the storm versions in the brackets.

Ice Pros:

Steal Ward (Not only can rid the opponent of a battle winning shield but also gifts that shield to the stealer and storm only get a destroy blade or weakness spell)

High health (Takes a bit longer to kill them where as storm have the lowest amount of health)

Get tower shield for free (Unlike other schools, storm included, who have to pitch in 5 training points for tower shield, ice gets it for free)

Stunning (Ice get a 0 pip stunning spell even if the myth and fire schools get a full enemy one, storm life and death dont get any!)

Fair accuracy (Ice get fair accuracy with their spells at 80%, storm still behind on 70%)

Frostbite (Ice get a DOT spell as part of the game storyline but the only DOT spell for storm comes from a 14000 crowns pet!)

All around attack spell with stunning (They get basically a storm lord with 200 less attack, this may be the only one storm wins on)

Ice armor (There the only over school except life to get an absorb spell and it can absorb a lot more than 400, storm not getting any absorbs)

Stun block (Surprise surprise, ice gets the new stun block for free)

Ice minion (Unlike the storm minion it actually attacks!)

Also, for the grandmaster gear, the ice one gives 20% resist to every school! Storm one only gives 37% resist to storm.

Ice cons:

Low attack strength (Not even that low!)

The only thing storm really beats ice in is attack and they dont win by that much. Tell me, does storm really have to sacrifice that much just to be crowned the school with the strongest attack?

Historian
May 15, 2009
spoiled?? hardly i am a level 50 grand mater and came ALWAYS put the slam on ice students and storm if play it right can get over 2k health

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Srsly? Storm has cleanse charm and disarm. And i have a grand ice and grand storm, and sadly enough my ice fizzled more throughout the game then my storm, storm has an accuracy boast card too. and its close give accuracy boast too and guess what? fire and myth have stun all opponent cards that are only 2 pips. Stormlord stuns too and does more damage then ice giant

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
Sorry, but I have to disagree. I'm not saying that just because my main and first ever character is Ice, but because we aren't that spoiled. Our only pros basically are high health and ability to block well. And that's because that is what Ice wizards are supposed to do! That is their pros. Nothing else. Every school has one or two. I cannot go dueling (even at 40) because I'm too weak. So what if I have defense and high health? I always die first. Because storm and fire and all the other schools have their pros that can max out mine. D:
But that's just how it is. If you don't like that the Ice wizards have all this "skill", why don't you just make one?

Just be happy for the abilty your school has. High attacking spells. So what if you have more health? Just wear Health clothes. Or go life or something. And maybe get some Accuracy clothes, too.

Also, about the spells...
Tower Sheild - Treasure card.

Steal Ward - It never worked for me for some reason. Glitch, maybe?

Fair Accuracy - Maybe it's just me, but I fizzled more than my Storm friend.

Frostbite - It's not that damaging. I think Poison is much better and cooler.

Ice Armor - if you're Ice, you'll be using up those pips pretty quickly. Since our spells aren't very hurtful, we have to save up and usually use a Wyvern or Blizzard sometimes. That still doesn't even do much. I remember I had Balestorm up, 2 Ice blades, a trap on each monster (two on one or them), my Balanceblade, and my highest damage gear on. I only did 800 somehow. With my Blizzard spell. It was like 800 or 1,000 or something, then I died. I went back and tried again, but with a Wyvern. 1,200 damage or something. Still died. My mom came with her Storm wizard. took one blade and one hit. I was pretty embarrassed. So, when you're ice, you won't even really be using Ice Armor, because it hardly does anything when you have to use those pips for fighting.

Stun Block - Not used that often...

Ice Minon - Well I don't have this yet so I won't comment.

xD Don't think I'm like trying to argue completely with you. I'm just giving my opinion, since I'm Ice. But I'm also not saying we're totally useless o.o
and sorry for the long post.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
Storm has a dot spell... it's called tempest . And ice has the worst attacks... Life is higher then Ice so it is pretty bad :P. Storm (in my mind) is better then Ice by a bit because first off storm can kill any school fast! Before an Ice can make a spirit armor or even hurt the storm that much. And storm has two take away wards just like myth. So they can get rid of weakness with a ward card but Ice can't. The accuracy for storm is low at first but if you have ever seen a storm grandmasters accuracy it goes up to 95 (or 85 I'm not sure). So I really don't think Ice is spoiled at all :P

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
your allowed to argue that ice is not the weakest class, but the way you typed this makes it sound like ice is the best

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Ummm... the only thing I have to say is why does ice get a absorb when they get high health of anyone storm needs it...

Survivor
May 03, 2009
oh, dont whine about us ice wizards. storm have better attack ice just have better defence

Defender
May 24, 2009
Why are you even complaining about ice? They are one of the weakest school and they are perfect that way just as storm. I don't think it takes a long time to take down ice if your storm and if they do oh well the game is like that. Hate or love it its just that way :P

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
Skippster1297 wrote:
Storm has a dot spell... it's called tempest . And ice has the worst attacks... Life is higher then Ice so it is pretty bad :P. Storm (in my mind) is better then Ice by a bit because first off storm can kill any school fast! Before an Ice can make a spirit armor or even hurt the storm that much. And storm has two take away wards just like myth. So they can get rid of weakness with a ward card but Ice can't. The accuracy for storm is low at first but if you have ever seen a storm grandmasters accuracy it goes up to 95 (or 85 I'm not sure). So I really don't think Ice is spoiled at all :P

Tempest is a hit all X pip spell, not a damage over time spell. Ice can put on Tower Shields to protect against Storm attacks.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
My main wizard (for now) is a level 27 Ice/Life.

As an Ice/Life wizard, my big upside is endurance. I solo easily in most places (Sunken City being the big exception so far) and thanks to my huge HP, shields and heals, I laugh off hits that would make a Storm wizard hit the FLEE button.

On the downside, I instantly get "wand envy" when a Storm wizard throws a two pip spell that does as much damage as my three pip spell. I also envy Storm wizards for the fact that their fights end so quickly; my own battles seem to take forever, especially against bosses.

The difference between the schools comes down to playing style. Ice is built to last through long battles; Storm is built to end fights quickly with huge damage. Both schools are the best at what they do if you play to their strengths, which is the problem: many players DON'T play to their school's strengths, and then they complain that their school is weak. The problem lies with the player, not the game.

MHO, of course.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
Storm does have a damage over time spell, though it is not natural, and looked over a lot. This spell is storm elf. You can buy a bunch of these mutation cards at the bazaar, learn fire elf, which only takes like 2-3 training points, and make them yourself. This helps so much!

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
On the DOT subject: the only DOT spell that Ice naturally gets is Frostbite, which costs five pips. Between Blizzard, Evil Snowman, Ice Wyvern, Satyr, Seraph, and all the other three and four pip spells in my deck, the only time I even HAVE five pips is if I fizzle. I can do as much damage as Frostbite much faster with other spells. If Frostbite cost fewer pips, it would be more useful; as it stands, the only good use for Frostbite is to knock shields off bosses in long fights. For that, I would happily trade Frostbite for a two pip Frost Elf in a heartbeat.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
oh great. fantastic! absolutely spiffing!!! finally SOMEONE complains about this ! SARC. seriously man, chill (ouch). look, storm's lower accuracy? meet the 0-pip über-storm-spell: LIGHTNINGSTRIKE (i write spells as one word). bummed about the absorb? it's not even a PROBLEM for you, your mad storm power can override it with one or two spells. want a DOT? WHY? sure they do more damage, but you can always get killed in the interval.

and "fair" accuracy? dont even START. cuz. . . ah too late. look STORM has fair accuracy, crazy power, when ice does less than life. . . with lower accuracy!

so i'll go ahead and pull a verbal reversal: hey 77296, spoilt much? ah, jk. not really. look, as a diviner, you make all things tremble at your approach. no you don't. but really, whining about other school's über-ness when you can blow away a 2,024 hp enemy with 4 pips, some luck, and as weak a wand flare as you like (two wildbolt spells) is kinda ironic, don'cha think?

Explorer
May 24, 2009
77296 wrote:
I am a grandmaster Diviner and i just made this post to highlight something i saw. Take the school of ice and say, the school of storm for example.
I will list the storm versions in the brackets.

Ice Pros:

Steal Ward (Not only can rid the opponent of a battle winning shield but also gifts that shield to the stealer and storm only get a destroy blade or weakness spell)

High health (Takes a bit longer to kill them where as storm have the lowest amount of health)

Get tower shield for free (Unlike other schools, storm included, who have to pitch in 5 training points for tower shield, ice gets it for free)

Stunning (Ice get a 0 pip stunning spell even if the myth and fire schools get a full enemy one, storm life and death dont get any!)

Fair accuracy (Ice get fair accuracy with their spells at 80%, storm still behind on 70%)

Frostbite (Ice get a DOT spell as part of the game storyline but the only DOT spell for storm comes from a 14000 crowns pet!)

All around attack spell with stunning (They get basically a storm lord with 200 less attack, this may be the only one storm wins on)

Ice armor (There the only over school except life to get an absorb spell and it can absorb a lot more than 400, storm not getting any absorbs)

Stun block (Surprise surprise, ice gets the new stun block for free)

Ice minion (Unlike the storm minion it actually attacks!)

Also, for the grandmaster gear, the ice one gives 20% resist to every school! Storm one only gives 37% resist to storm.

Ice cons:

Low attack strength (Not even that low!)

The only thing storm really beats ice in is attack and they dont win by that much. Tell me, does storm really have to sacrifice that much just to be crowned the school with the strongest attack?

My ice wizard is non-existant and i disagree! People say the same things about every school that isn't theirs. by the way, storm has bad accuracy because it's attacks are deadly! Also people find Myth annoying because it has all the minions, life because they heal themselves all the time, and so on. Why are these annoying? Because they are the schools Pro's! for the minion thing, Storm minion doesn't need to attack, because storm kills in five seconds, and ice minion attacks because Ice doen't attack well.