Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Counterweights

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
I just got through Counterweight East and it was just TOO hard. Then what? I have to do Counterweight West! It's even longer and harder that East! If this is what Marleybone's gonna be like, I'm definitely not going to be doing Big Ben! Any help?

Survivor
Aug 19, 2008
I solo'd the counterweights and big ben with my Balance level 35 wizard, and it was challenging, but not impossible.

It's important to make sure you heal up as much as possible during a battle before taking out the last foe.

And carefully use your potions only when absolutely necessary between battles.

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
2rideharley wrote:
I just got through Counterweight East and it was just TOO hard. Then what? I have to do Counterweight West! It's even longer and harder that East! If this is what Marleybone's gonna be like, I'm definitely not going to be doing Big Ben! Any help?

Just equip your deck with your best cards, fill up your potions, put as many treasure cards in the sideboard as possible, ask any friends if they want to help you, and if you have crowns you can hire henchmen in the crown store for battles.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Remember, you can backtrack to the healing rooms as you wish. They regen after each battle. As for hard or not, it usually depends on school and style of play. I do suggest you find someone who has done Big Ben before to help you as they know what is ahead....

Survivor
May 18, 2009
i got through the east counter thing ok. but i just lost the boss fight in the west counter thing and was tossed out to regents square. that part is ok; but i left marleybone for less than 10 minutes and now i have to restart the whole tower??????? whats up with that??? it took me 2 and a half hours to get to the top!!!! this is starting to get a bit ridiculous. why is it set like that? it say log out /leave.... does that include the planet too??? HELP!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
prmdab07 wrote:
i got through the east counter thing ok. but i just lost the boss fight in the west counter thing and was tossed out to regents square. that part is ok; but i left marleybone for less than 10 minutes and now i have to restart the whole tower??????? whats up with that??? it took me 2 and a half hours to get to the top!!!! this is starting to get a bit ridiculous. why is it set like that? it say log out /leave.... does that include the planet too??? HELP!

It shouldn't reset that fast unless you entered another dungeon or logged out, etc.

Defender
Aug 30, 2009
I soloed the Counterwieght West, and it was pretty hard!

Cody Stormcaster Lv. 50 THaumuturge
Master of Ice

Survivor
May 02, 2009
well i would need some help because as a lvl 34 ice wizard you dont get as many pips so if anyone could help me i am Evan Strongsword :-D please try to find me

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Well, thanks to some people WHINING, KI has killed off the First Half of the East and West, which means no more 'Old Smokey' drops.

[sarcasm]Thanks a lot people![/sarcasm]

Old Smokey had some really good drops.... Old Smokey, though shalt be missed.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Johnist wrote:
Well, thanks to some people WHINING, KI has killed off the First Half of the East and West, which means no more 'Old Smokey' drops.

I agree, KI went a little overboard on Marley. It feels like KI did what we have done with the education in the US and dumbed it down. Sigh.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Tonight was the first time i went through the counterweights since the updates. Although it was quicker without the added floors, we both felt they were a little too easy. We also missed old smokey and was looking forward to fighting him.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I soloed Counter-east with my death wizard who was still below level 35.

I marked my place a few times and found that if I died, I could return and the mobs I already killed were still dead.

I accidently logged out of another dungeon but got back on and picked up where I had left off. I think you have some time in which you can get back on and finish. This is helpful if you lose your connection during a dungeon. (My phone sometimes rings and cuts me off of these servers.)

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I agree with the person that said you just need to keep your life up. I solo'd the towers and Ben with my life, balance and storm wizards. What I did was mark my spot before entering a battle. If you get defeated you just go pick up some life and port back where you left off. Also, you can port out get some life and port back just before a battle if your life is low. Doesn't take long to do and certainly better than walking up all those flights of stairs again!

Delver
May 29, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
Johnist wrote:

I agree, KI went a little overboard on Marley. It feels like KI did what we have done with the education in the US and dumbed it down. Sigh.

I, too, agree. There seems to be some debate about how hard/easy Marleybone actually is. They have added an access path to get around the Gearheads in Chelsea Court. I posted about this on one of the other major fansites.

[QUOTE: I guess they made a choose your own difficulty version. If you don't like the gearheads or don't need to fight them, then you have a choice to take the path of least resistance.

How sad. Marleybone was supposed to be the most challenging world to prepare you for what was to come, with Mooshu kind of being a reprieve. Yet another aspect of Marleybone that has been "dumbed down" for the players who couldn't/wouldn't/didn't want to meet the challenge. QUOTE]

With the Clockwork Golems being slowed down in Katz lab and Kensington Park and the shortening of instances, it just makes me wonder which world will be made easier next.

I'm glad that my wizards at least got to experience the FULL CHALLENGE of the game up to this point. If I wanted easy I would not have bought a subscription and could have just stayed in the F2P areas instead. :-(

Survivor
May 22, 2008
I completed Marleybone before it was dumbed down as well, and it was not extremely hard like it's claimed to be.

It was a little challenging, but it's not like you had to have a group of four to do anything there.

I solo'd everything, no problem.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
One of the things that I liked in the game update was the use of henchmen. I bought crowns for the sole reason of the Counterweights.

You find it a lot more useful when you have a grandmaster helping you without complaints ;) XD XD :D

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
Thanks for all the help, guys! With all of your help, I got through Counterweight West AND Big Ben and I'm already working on Dragonspyre! :D

Tyler LionHunter~Level 45~Savior of the Spiral