Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

United Kingdom Players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
Hi i'm Jordan Mooneyes and I like a few of the players are from the united kingdom. I feel that the game is based mostly on the united states kind of view. For example, most updates include server shut down which does not influence Usa players as they are asleep, however the players in the UK have ot log off another way is that the payment method is only in dollars.
I hope i have spoken for the players from the UK.

:D Many Thanks on a great game,
Jordan Mooneyes

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
samalmighty wrote:
Hi i'm Jordan Mooneyes and I like a few of the players are from the united kingdom. I feel that the game is based mostly on the united states kind of view. For example, most updates include server shut down which does not influence Usa players as they are asleep, however the players in the UK have ot log off another way is that the payment method is only in dollars.

Jordan Mooneyes

Nicely put, and also, i know this isnt KI's fault, but the gift card system does seem rather poorly added to the game (as its only available fo US players) in a quick bid for that extra cash. Lastly i find Marleybone a bit stereotypical but i find it more funny that stereotypical lol.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
samalmighty wrote:

Jordan Mooneyes

I can't say anything about the card system, but I belive the reason KI does server updates at night (for America) is because the majority of players live in that country.

NOTE: If the majority of players are not in USA please correct me, I am only saying what I say off my known knowledge.

Administrator
The time for the regular scheduled maintenance window for Wizard101 is based on when the in-game population is at its lowest.

If this occurred at any other time, trust me it would be preferable since many of us have to get up at 3am local time to perform this maintenance, but we attempt to do it when it will inconvenience the least number of players, regardless of where they live.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
The time for the regular scheduled maintenance window for Wizard101 is based on when the in-game population is at its lowest.

If this occurred at any other time, trust me it would be preferable since many of us have to get up at 3am local time to perform this maintenance, but we attempt to do it when it will inconvenience the least number of players, regardless of where they live.

Thank you, i am glad to know there is logic behind this

Just one more thing:
The Marleybone approach is kinda, well annoying. People from the UK dont speak like that and London is certainly not filled with old cars from the 1900s.

I'm just saying

Thanks

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
The Marleybone approach is kinda, well annoying. People from the UK dont speak like that and London is certainly not filled with old cars from the 1900s.

Marleybone isn't intended to offend anyone other than the high degree of getting caught. If you think along the lines of "Mary Poppins", "Sherlock Holmes", and other circa early 1900 genre is merit to the enjoyment of the game and does not interlude a stereotypical notion of London that Yanks, coincidentally, do not have.