Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

which is better? life or death you vote.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
hello i am devin reddust lvl 50 fire grandmaster and i think death is the best because you have feint wraith etc plus its good in arena.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
I don't think death is good on the arena(sry)but life is what i think is better it almost never fizzles and has healing spells.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I have both and i like life because it is better for helping and can solo VERY well plus enemies don't use life shields (And I have been playing for a few years now so don't argue with me.) the only life shield they use is the shields balance enemies use which isn't that common and its only half off and centaur is stronger than enemy death spell, deeath's strongest is 510 max and life's is 595 max. And death's only advantage on life is doom and gloom which can be ridded if you add sanctuary like me.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE!

Let me tell you why. First off, you have an absorb, 400 hit points all sucked up and crushed into the nuber 0. Even with the most powerful spell, you have little damage done to you. Second, you can heal. With the most little pips, a true life can heal greatly. Also, you get some awesome stuff. Bye!

Taylor Raventhorn Apprentice Diviner(lvl 5)
Emily Rainsword Magus Therguist(lvl 36)

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
I THINK LIFE is WAY BETTER it gives you cards that give you more health and death, sure has only 2 spells that give you health.. :P
LIFE IS SO MUCH BETTER! :D

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
i prefer to solo, so this may make me biased, but i definitely prefer life. with all of the healing spells, it's easy to keep oneself afloat during quests when you're alone. of course, it also takes forever, since you spend so much time just trying to stay alive. lol

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
Personally Death because your talking all that stuff about life heals, but so does Death!! :x I mean sure, it's not THAT powerful, but it has more fighting spells. Plus, most of them turn right around and heal you. :| :|

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
redguys wrote:
hello i am devin reddust lvl 50 fire grandmaster and i think death is the best because you have feint wraith etc plus its good in arena.

That depends on your fighting style. For soloing, Death is better, because it only heals you and does damage. For group play, Life is better, because you can heal anyone. Life has a bigger heal per pip, and a higher damage spell, but Death spells do damage and heal, and Death has the most traps and blades. Really, it up to you to decide. ~Christopher Titanbringer, Level 35 Balance Wizard

Explorer
Jul 12, 2009
Death wit life as secondary is the best way to go. Especially when you hit lvl 48 and get scarecrow. That in my opinion is the best spell in the game!!!

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
choose death! some of the death spells your hurting the opponent AND healing yourself at the saame time! plus all thoose traps and blades death NEEDS them or death would be the most suckiest school in the game but really choose death!

( only reason i say is cause since i'm death i beat the tower of war on the first time solo! )

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
People keep copying threads. Like when mounts came out there were like 5 (make your own mount) threads. And now the author is copying the same thread about life or death. Not cool dude :? :(

Historian
May 28, 2009
If you have saw my Wizard-know-over-and-faculty test topic, you are a ying yang confuser .

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
Ok death may have some weak spells but that's the whole point. Death wizards have to stategey's to use boosts to make our spell stronger i once made my skeletel pirate do 1,095 and i finished the boss in one hit.And death has the awsome death incarnet that summuns a minion depending on pips does life get to someone a wraith.the answer is no.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
its not fair life spells are week and blades help but not that much life cant even get close to matching up with a storm

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Venus1111 wrote:
I THINK LIFE is WAY BETTER it gives you cards that give you more health and death, sure has only 2 spells that give you health.. :P
LIFE IS SO MUCH BETTER! :D

Umm, no, death has 4 spells that give you health NOT 2. By the time you set traps you can easily heal over 2,000. With friends helping out I have healed much more. It depends who you are asking. Everyone is going to have their own opinion.

AAJS- if you don't think death is good in the arena- let's have a duel :)-

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
bravevline wrote:
I have both and i like life because it is better for helping and can solo VERY well plus enemies don't use life shields (And I have been playing for a few years now so don't argue with me.) the only life shield they use is the shields balance enemies use which isn't that common and its only half off and centaur is stronger than enemy death spell, deeath's strongest is 510 max and life's is 595 max. And death's only advantage on life is doom and gloom which can be ridded if you add sanctuary like me.
you make a good point but death is the only one who can go through an absorb. for example: the life uses rebirth all death has to do is scarecrow and they are still hurt. Gabriel LifeHunter 50 Death 8)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Not only do I think Death is the better school, but I also must say Life is the hardest school. Yes, Life is the only school based on teaching healing spells, but that's also its weakness. Most Life spells are healing spells and the attack spells aren't great; the only powerful one so far is Centaur (but I'm sure all the Theurgists mentioned that already), but that could change with the new spells being added in the next update. Anyway, soloing in Life is extremely hard in my opinion; especially when fighting Life monsters because they cast Absorbs, Weaknesses, and Death Shields (my secondary is Death) like they're gonna rot. I learned this the hard way in Krokotopia; unfortunately, it only gets harder.

On the other hand, Death is pretty average, but what makes it extraordinary is its range of spell types. It has many kinds of spells: regular attack spells (Banshee), DOT spells (Poison), AAH spells (Vampire), and even its own version of Weakness and Hex (Plague* and Curse respectively). My favorite spell would be its AOE spell, Scarecrow, which saps 400+ HP from all enemies and gives half to the caster. I haven't played as a Necromancer for long, but it's definitely a lot easier than it was fighting as a Theurgist.

Hopefully my comment has been of help to you.

Just in case you didn't know:
DOT- Damage Over Time (attacks enemy over 3 turns)
AAH- Attack and Heal (attacks enemy and heals caster)
AOE- Area of Effect (attacks all enemies)
*Plague is also an AOE spell

Explorer
Nov 07, 2009
Death! They can attack and heal at the same time whereas life (as far as i know) have to do them seperately.