Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Big Thank You and More to Come

AuthorMessage
Administrator
I just want to say thank you to everyone who gave us feedback on the Test Realm.

Whether you submitted a bug or wrote a blog about it, we're listening to everything you have to say about the new Pets system.

Please remember, this is released on a Test Realm specifically so we can smooth out the rough edges, and we really appreciate the constructive feedback we've received.

There will be updates and changes to the new pets system based on your feedback so stay tuned for news and announcements.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
May 27, 2009
You are most welcome, Professor! This is great fun to be able to try these awesome ideas out and I am TRULY IMPRESSED by the creativity of your staff and artists. Please pass on my family's sincere thanks for the great job they are doing. And especially whoever thought up the Poncherello Chips snack in Marleybone -- I laughed about that for at least half an hour and still smile whenever I think of it.

Community Leader
Thank you professor and all of KI for making such a wonderful update . I love testing all the great things but I have to admit dancing with my pets makes me laugh the most :)

Hero
May 02, 2009
Yeah, thanks allot. I've only been playing this game for about a year now and I must say, you've come a long way back from when you've started. I think that the gummy food is cute, as they resemble different spells. for example, the 3 that I've seen so far are the gummy humongofrog (which my pixie queen pet luna likes) the gummy firecat and the gummy bloodbat (she also likes that).

I'll admit, the cost for making an egg is a bit steep, even though I haven't made one yet, but it's a pretty cool feature, besides from the occasional "your partner has left" message, which occurs even if you didn't have a partner with you.

I especially love the pet derby. The powers are nice (especially the morale booster that my pet has), the tracks are nice, and the competition is fun, and this is coming from the person who has only 1 silver medal and like 18 or so gold medals. The only problem I have with it is that the ranked tracks are kina repetitive, as they seem to only include tracks from WC to MS, leaving some of the other tracks, like the one's from DS and GH, out. It may be because luna is an adult pet right now, but idk. Also, the Dragonfire road track (DS medium) is buggy, as it kicks me out whenever I try to race on it, however all the other tracks, including the hard and epic ds tracks, are fine.

I also love the fact that our pets can finally run around our home. I have My helephant, Jade oni, wildclaw (crowns shop) one pale maiden (I have 4 of them) and cat thug guarding my classroom, while my other pets are running around downstairs ( my summer dragon pet, gizmo, is the most affectionate out of all of them). The cost for the pets in the shop is a bit steep, and being able to buy them with gold or find them off of bosses would be nice too.

The swiftshadow wings are amazing. I was hoping that one day that we could have dark seraph wings, and it looks like my wish has been granted.

The pet games are both fun and challenging, and my favorites are cannon and maze. The others are ok too, but the previous are my favorites.

Theres a whole lot more I would like to say, but can't think of.

Cons.

I dislike the fact that enchanted cards cant be traded anymore. I get the point in helping tone down chain bolters, but still.

The pet energy I can somewhat understand, but there can at least be some wisps to recover them a little bit faster than having to wait it out or spend 250 crowns to get a max fill-up.

I kinda agree with the user who said that there's no list/chart to remember what a pet likes/dislikes. It's kinda hard to remeber what pet likes/loves what, especially when training multiple pets at a time. A certain kind of system for this would be helpful imo.

The cannon game follies: I've sometimes actually hit the black area, which would normally be counted as an "on the edge" but about 2 or so times I've seen that even if I hit it, it still counts it as a miss. The obstacles and the out of bounds I can understand, but not that.

Maze game dead ends: The lost souls are a nice touch ( the whole pac-man style system is pretty cool imo), however I feel that the amount of time the freeze state lasts is a bit too long imo. If it was shortened a bit, like to about 3 seconds or so, or at least some time bonuses would be nice, as I'm not sure it's possible to get every single treat in about a minute. I'm well aware there's speed boost power ups and one gobble the ghosts power up but still.

That's about all I have to say on the matter.

Even with the bugs, KI, you've done an amazing job with this, one of your best updates yet imo.

Oh, I almost forgot. The Celestian Trident is pretty cool, not entirely sure on whether ice was the best choice or not (maybe storm could be another choice for the celestian sword or whatever it's gonna be called).

Also, Great idea adding mana wisps to the basilica in ds. Before it was the only commons without them, and we would have to go to the athenium to get them. We still can to get them and play minigames, but still, this is good. Mabe you could have them floating around on the lower level by Zeke and Eloise as well.

Still KI, great work. I can't wait until Celestia comes out. I have a feeling it will be great.

Delver
May 29, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
And especially whoever thought up the Poncherello Chips snack in Marleybone -- I laughed about that for at least half an hour and still smile whenever I think of it.

Willowdreamer, where did you find those snacks? I have been to all the worlds looking for them from the pet shops and the recipe vendors. Were those part of a drop from a mob or boss?

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

Delver
May 29, 2009
Okay I didn't finish looking around. I found the snack vendor in Marleybone. Now I just need to find out if there is one in the other worlds.

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
I just want to say thank you to everyone who gave us feedback on the Test Realm.

Whether you submitted a bug or wrote a blog about it, we're listening to everything you have to say about the new Pets system.

Please remember, this is released on a Test Realm specifically so we can smooth out the rough edges, and we really appreciate the constructive feedback we've received.

There will be updates and changes to the new pets system based on your feedback so stay tuned for news and announcements.

Thank you so much I love the hybrid pets. I mixed my Orthrus with a Stormzilla and got a two headed electric Storm Hound. :D :D

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
You guys at wizard101 have been very proactive and responsive on this expansion. It actually feels like it our game too :-P in that we helped in spinning the directions of mutual and favorable future of game play. Thank you.