Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does Malistaire want revenge?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
I have been playing this game for a long time,and i know everyone should know this,but why excatly does Malistaire want to destroy wizard city?
I already know that he wants revenge after his wife died from a cold,but what for? When you first do quests in wizard city,everyone tells you the story of sylvia drake. People said that when she was sick,they tried
everything they could to help her but failed .But at least we tried,it's not like WE killed Sylvia.So if we all tried to help her,why does Malistaire want revenge?

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
citygirl411 wrote:
I have been playing this game for a long time,and i know everyone should know this,but why excatly does Malistaire want to destroy wizard city?
I already know that he wants revenge after his wife died from a cold,but what for? When you first do quests in wizard city,everyone tells you the story of sylvia drake. People said that when she was sick,they tried
everything they could to help her but failed .But at least we tried,it's not like WE killed Sylvia.So if we all tried to help her,why does Malistaire want revenge?
He doesnt want revenge. He had a great life and his life went into a downward spiral.

He was desperate to do anything to revive Sylvia, Why he rivived the DT (Dragon Titan)

He went mentally insane so he though somthing like "If i cant have happiness, No one can! (then some long lecture)" So he attempted to rule the world like all the villians do in RPG's

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
If I remember correctly after sylvia died he wanted to bring her back from the dead. Therefore appointing meowart whats his name to steal the krokinomicon which can bring back the dead (I forgot if it does that) and has great power. So merle ambrose and all the other good guys wants to stop him from using the krokinomicon. Therefore sending wizards to help get the power back. Malistaire got angry and wanted to keep the power to himself and created evil forces (skeletal pirates etc.). So then blah blah blah I don't really remember I don't take history classes in ravenwood.
Lucas Drakebloom
Ice wizard
Level 34
Oni slayer

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
...when we lose someone we really care about, it hurts. Some people channel this hurt into anger and react accordingly. Others mourn longer and poor Malistaire was doing both.

Then again, maybe the professors turned their backs on him in his most needed time. In particular, Ambrose (the boss is always involved), Moolinda (ah, hellooo Sylvia needed a heal), and Cyrus (brothers stick together, even though they fist-fight often). Malistaire may not have been nice to everyone, but I am sure he had his vulnerable points where he need to feel compassion from others. You're mean to me today, you were mean to me yesterday, tomorrow I will help you if you need it.

...hope this does not affect my enrollment professors

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
i am just guessing because he and cyrus were brothers maybe they fight a lot and they had this huge fight and malistare wants to destroy cyrus and anyone who might bring cyrus back to life? and maybe he thought that the wizards trying to revive sylvia had put poison in the medicine and made her more sick? i know these are totally off so i am just guessing ;)

Squire
Jul 08, 2009