Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I don't get pips. How is it that everytime I go into a 1vs1 duel my opponent gets 5 or 6pips in no time while I'm still at 1 or 2? The one time I manage to get 4 pips and use a card it throws me back down to one or two pips and I can't ever manage to get more. What am I doing wrong?

Defender
May 24, 2009
Well, some people have wands that let them start with a extra power pip or a regular pip. I believe that the first wands that give a pip is at level 30, but you can buy a wand from the crown shops for any level that lets you start with a pip! Hope this helps :)

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
dragoon237 wrote:
I don't get pips. How is it that everytime I go into a 1vs1 duel my opponent gets 5 or 6pips in no time while I'm still at 1 or 2? The one time I manage to get 4 pips and use a card it throws me back down to one or two pips and I can't ever manage to get more. What am I doing wrong?

Hello Dragoon,

As the previous post mentions, some gear gives you enhancements.

I am not sure what level you are, but as you level up, more gear will become available to you which either gives you pips or power pips right from the start, or increases your power pip percentage, letting you build power pips much more quickly.

Additionally, this gear will also help you increase your health, mana, shield percentage, accuracy, and strength boost.

Look in your character stats (C) and notice the Power Pips Percentage. This setting shows the average frequency that your wizard will obtain a power pip as opposed to a normal pip.

NOTE: There is some gear in the Mooshu shops that I purchased with crowns way back when my Ice wizard was level 35. These helped me immensely in my PVP endevors. Although, now that the wizard is a Grandmaster, there is gear that is better, which is available from battle drops from some of the bosses.

Battle the Jade Oni until you get his wand as a drop. That will give you an extra power pip right from the start.

Hope this helps.

Look in your character stats (C) and notice the Power Pips Percentage. This setting shows the average frequency that your wizard will obtain a power pip as opposed to a normal pip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 10 (Initiate Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 11 (Initiate Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 11 (Initiate Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 9 (Apprentice Sorcerer)