Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2009
I have reached the Master level in crafting but I have a problem. I'm trying to craft an outfit and it just will not let me. I have the Equipment Crafting Station, all of the ingredients and the Master level. But when I highlight the item to craft, the craft button will not activate and when I place the mouse over the button it says You Can't Craft That Here (or something like that). I've crafted other clothing items before, what might be the problem. Oh, yes, I do have slots available. (( system qlitch? I hope )) Is there a limit to how many items one wizard can craft, as far as clothing goes? These items are not in my school, but I've crafted items for other wizards on my account before with no problems.

HELP
Thanks

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Make sure there is room in your backpack.

Double check to make sure you have the correct table. There are a few equipment items that require the basic table.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
Check the bottom left corner of the recipe and it will tell you what crafting station is needed. I am thinking that you are trying to craft a high level item and you will need to do it at the forge in Dragon Spire. It is located outside the door to Malistaire's dungeon. You have to have the quest or have beaten Malistaire to get there. Hope this helps

Grandmaster Death, Storm, Myth
Master Artisan all

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
If you can buy the recipe then you can craft the item, so it is one of a few problems:

1) You don't have all the reagents (I have doen this more than once, buying the wrong reagent gem...)
2) You don't have a slot in the backpack.
3) Wrong table...just check on the left of the recipe.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2009
superluther wrote:
Make sure there is room in your backpack.

Double check to make sure you have the correct table. There are a few equipment items that require the basic table.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Hello Hannah,
Thanks for the answer. I have plenty of room in the backpack, and I have tried the basic table too. It really has me stuck. I've spent a LOT of gold buying the necessary ingredients, not to mention all the time running around looking for reagents needed to craft other reagents, to craft this outfit. (Frost Flowers to craft Grendel Weed!!) I'm very disappointed and more than a little upset at this point. I emailed tech support with the exact same information that I included in my message here and they wrote back that they needed more information. I'm not sure what else I can tell them.
-- Frustrated and a lot annoyed,
Jared - Level 50 Fire

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Are the cards you are using dropped and not created using treasure cards (such as might)? You have to use the dropped/crafted cards for crafting.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
NightPoe wrote:
I emailed tech support with the exact same information that I included in my message here and they wrote back that they needed more information. I'm not sure what else I can tell them.
-- Frustrated and a lot annoyed,
Jared - Level 50 Fire

Then you are not going to get the help you need from them because you are not telling us what the name of your recipe is, and you are not telling us what table your recipe specificies you to use. The others have mentioned several times to check the recipe for the specific table type.

Hero
May 27, 2009
If you are trying to craft the Level 44 gear, you need to be at the Dragonspyre Crafting Station in Dragon's Roost. None of your regular tables will work.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
If you are trying to craft the Level 44 gear, you need to be at the Dragonspyre Crafting Station in Dragon's Roost. None of your regular tables will work.

OK, this makes sense to me now. I never paid any attention to the icon to the left of the recipes. (duh, mental moment ) It is level 44 gear and it does say to use the Dragonspyre Crafting Station.

Now, I understand. Thank you so much for answering my question.

Thank you to all who gave suggestions and ideas. :D

Jared

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
NightPoe wrote:
Willowdreamer wrote:

OK, this makes sense to me now. I never paid any attention to the icon to the left of the recipes. (duh, mental moment ) It is level 44 gear and it does say to use the Dragonspyre Crafting Station.

Now, I understand. Thank you so much for answering my question.

Thank you to all who gave suggestions and ideas. :D

Jared

Dude you lighten my heart and make me understand what rofl is all about. I have found the answers and the questions on these crafting forums to be so helpful, and ,yeah, I felt pretty silly today when I decided to craft a simpler item to make use of an available slot since I knew it would be a while before I had the pearls for the next CraftCloak. It wouldn't work I thought I'd checked everything still wouldn't work had the right reagents not working had plenty of them no red numbers frustration building all slots available arrrgg what am i missing then---duh!--- this item takes a basic station. Says so right there when you point at crafting station icon next to item name. Kindergarden version of the problem you had with the need for Spyre table, the existance of which I have heard whispered rumors of amongst crafters higher along than me. Ah the relief I felt. Sometimes we can get wrapped up in it and miss the forest for the trees. Or mistwood the--nah, I can't really force a good pun out of it.
But seriously, I had a good laugh at my own expense. And so many of you crafters have been helpful without giving too much away. It's good to figure some stuff out and feel smart for a while.
Thanks to all who take the time to share experiences and give input. Having a blast.

Angus ThePantsAreIron 45Pyro 8)
hmmm maybe i can transmute them into springs and move faster

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
I am having a crafting poroblem too. I finished the task to craft three constillation jewels and four eye of the scorpion swords- but the game is still thinking I need more and will not give me the credit for the task I completed. I also notified the tech dept. of Wizard101 and they also told me they needed more information. I gave them all the information they needed. I am not sure what the problem is - this task was way before what I am doing now in ds. The task of the elemental crafter was in Marley Bone. Who knows why the program is stuck? Please HELP!

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I am having a crafting poroblem too. I finished the task to craft three constillation jewels and four eye of the scorpion swords- but the game is still thinking I need more and will not give me the credit for the task I completed.

This has happened to me more than once. One time I just repositioned my crafting table.

Another time I went on with the game and later noticed the yellow question mark had appeared over the person who had given me the task. No idea why it seemed to fix itself.

Check to be sure the items are in your backpack. If so, report this as a bug, as there seems to be a bug connected with the crafting tasks.

Btw, I had no trouble in Dragonspyre and I think I used the advanced crafting table to make the robe.